APW Australia Portfolio Wines

This is a discussion on APW Australia Portfolio Wines within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Whatever you do do get involved with them, google them and you will find out more. I am trying to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:11am   #8
emm

2 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Re: APW Australia Portfolio Wines

Whatever you do do get involved with them, google them and you will find out more. I am trying to help some unhappy investors who got totally ripped off by them.

Wine is not a good long term investment at the moment, and has not been for some time, not improving either.

Emm

Quote:
Originally Posted by warregui View Post
This company cold call potential clients with promises of annual gains on a portfolio of wine of up to 20%.

They base their pitch on the premise that it is only possible to produce a finite amount of fine wine i.e. 15,000 cases may be typical.

The fact that some of this fine wine is consumed ensures that the diminshing balance will increase in value ( true for some world renowned vintages - Grand Crus etc).

Does any one have experience of dealing with this company and if so what is your opinion?
emm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:13am   #9
emm

2 Posts
Joined Mar 2010

same answer as below:

Whatever you do do get involved with them, google them and you will find out more. I am trying to help some unhappy investors who got totally ripped off by them.

Wine is not a good long term investment at the moment, and has not been for some time, not improving either.

Emm
emm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:33am   #10
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by warregui View Post
This company cold call potential clients with promises of annual gains on a portfolio of wine of up to 20%.

They base their pitch on the premise that it is only possible to produce a finite amount of fine wine i.e. 15,000 cases may be typical.

The fact that some of this fine wine is consumed ensures that the diminshing balance will increase in value ( true for some world renowned vintages - Grand Crus etc).

Does any one have experience of dealing with this company and if so what is your opinion?

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp...&sort=postdate

If they cold called you then you can be sure its a scam, even without the above information. Report it to the FSA.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:16am   #11

Joined Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm View Post
really ?
I challenge both statements

herewith attached the Liv-Ex 100 chart which tracks the index of top Bordeaux sold at auction
http://www.liv-ex.com
Attached Thumbnails
liv_ex100.png  

karl6666: 'Why doesnt anybody like you R_E, is it because you shout?'
rathcoole_exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:41am   #12
Joined Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm View Post

Emm
i have bought a lot of wine from apw nearly five years ago now i want to sell my contact has left the company and they have gone quiet when they were selling i had problems trying to get rid of them it looks like i have once again been robbed as i will have to pay storage fees once the five years have elapsed. any one else with same experience
nev nevillewest@hotmail.co.uk
errorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2011, 1:01pm   #13
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorman View Post
i have bought a lot of wine from apw nearly five years ago now i want to sell my contact has left the company and they have gone quiet when they were selling i had problems trying to get rid of them it looks like i have once again been robbed as i will have to pay storage fees once the five years have elapsed. any one else with same experience
nev nevillewest@hotmail.co.uk
Nev,

To be honest this may well be a complete scam. I have found a number of links between people involved with APW and previous drinks related frauds. There's no way you should part with more money for storage or anything else. It seems this sort of scam has been going since the late 90s with some people involved doing a few years in prison from 2001. If you read these links you'll see the similarities between them all.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...am-688704.html

http://whiskyscam.co.uk/page20.html
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2011, 2:53pm   #14
Joined Oct 2010

hallo stewart and judy i am dissappointed to hear you have been ripped off by apw you are not the only one because it is not until you want your wines sold you realise there is a serious problem with the honourability of this company it cannot be legal to charge you another 25%commission on the wines you own. this company needs investigating . yes i am mad because i am about to loose a lot of hard earned money by the way do you now deal with cellar link the person who sold me the wines is no longer available. i did not have your email so replied through trade to win. any more apw clients out there that have been ripped off reply for australian clients nev
errorman is offline   Reply With Quote