APW Australia Portfolio Wines

This is a discussion on APW Australia Portfolio Wines within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by cellarlinkisaripoff Hi guys Same story. I ignored their last demands but havent heard. I hope they are ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:47pm   #136

6 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Re: APW Australia Portfolio Wines

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellarlinkisaripoff View Post
Hi guys
Same story. I ignored their last demands but havent heard.
I hope they are in Jail getting things in their bottoms. Have to contact the police. Maybe I have some fake certificates?
I havent heard from thos *******s for months.
Maybe my wine has beeb sold. They wanted another grand of me this year. We paid 3500 last year. I dont know what to do. I have a lot of really good oz wine storrd in london. If you can help me out and its helps then I can pay you.
Regards
Rippedoff
Hi, i don't want to pass on bad advice. when i get the cheque, i'll let you know. There are a lot of horrible people out there. It will still take about 3 months however you deal with them - they are a bunch of sweet talking swines
have to be careful what i say - good luck, i have been fighting them for 3 years

i should know by the end of the week - stay calm - it will end

Last edited by The Turtle; Jul 10, 2012 at 2:59pm.
The Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 5:08pm   #137

6 Posts
Joined Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle View Post
Hi, i don't want to pass on bad advice. when i get the cheque, i'll let you know. There are a lot of horrible people out there. It will still take about 3 months however you deal with them - they are a bunch of sweet talking swines
have to be careful what i say - good luck, i have been fighting them for 3 years

i should know by the end of the week - stay calm - it will end
Hi - can you email me on manxlad@hotmail.com. i've sold the lot - it was hard work
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:07am   #138
Joined Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle View Post
Hi - can you email me on manxlad@hotmail.com. i've sold the lot - it was hard work
did you sell the wine yourself or have apw sold for you whats more important did you make a profit.it cost me 32thousand pounds i have eight thousand returned so far
errorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:19pm   #139

6 Posts
Joined Jun 2012

I had £36,000 of wine and sold about £8,000 with apw, they left me with a portfolio containing most bottles, therefore most storage costs. I sold the wine by a trhird party for just inder £3,000. The bottom line is you have lost most of your money. Just get clear. they will clean you out. sorry mate, you have lost it. if you are struggling please email me, i would prefer to talk about it
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:24am   #140

6 Posts
Joined Jun 2012

Hi, i sold my through Bid for Wine :: Online Wine Auctions :: Fine Wine, Rare Wine, Bin Ends and Vintage Wine. Buy wine from and sell wine directly to other users. , the prices weren't too bad. i am just glad to get rid of APW and all their rubbish. Accept your losses and get out of APW. I AM NOW WINE FREE. Might sait down and have an nice glass of vino to celebrate
Old Aug 9, 2012, 6:17am   #141

1 Posts
Joined Nov 2011

thanks Turtle - i moved my wine from Cellarlink last dec before the charges - it's still stored in bond @ in england, so still paying storage charges, but not as much as before...tried selling through multiple brokers but no interest unless nearly zero..will try through your internet sites...otherwise my relatives and friends will get a nice big drinking present next Christmas...
jhinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 3:49pm   #142

3 Posts
Joined Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinge View Post
thanks Turtle - i moved my wine from Cellarlink last dec before the charges - it's still stored in bond @ in england, so still paying storage charges, but not as much as before...tried selling through multiple brokers but no interest unless nearly zero..will try through your internet sites...otherwise my relatives and friends will get a nice big drinking present next Christmas...
I bought my "wonderful" wine collection in 2003, got 3 yrs of free storage and was in denial for the next 6 yrs about being scammed. In this time I continued to pay the rapacious fees and finally a great further cost (VAT as well .... I'd be very surprised if this VAT ever got to the UK authorities) I finally pulled the plug in January of this year. Half of my collection was in the UK ( and because of the prohibitive cost of bringing it back to Australia I had it sent to a family member who has now been able to have some great parties at my expense). The other half now sits with a HK who cant give it away. Its expired by now I think. Cost of my adventure into wine was about $16K now written off.

I was talked into buying this wine by a bunch of crooks who ran an outfit called on line super. Sadly Australia's superannuation system and the very ineffective ASIC has allowed all and sundry PIGS to have their noses in the trough when it comes to telling people how to invest their super. THESE SCAMS CONTINUE.

In hindsight I was an absolute idiot for buying something I knew absolutely nothing about!! I believed the sellers of this crap that it was worth the price. LESSON NOW LEARNT - ALWAYS ALWAYS GET AN INDEPENDENT OPINION FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT THE THING YOU ARE BUYING!!
daveacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:53pm   #143
Joined Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveacc View Post
I bought my "wonderful" wine collection in 2003, got 3 yrs of free storage and was in denial for the next 6 yrs about being scammed. In this time I continued to pay the rapacious fees and finally a great further cost (VAT as well .... I'd be very surprised if this VAT ever got to the UK authorities) I finally pulled the plug in January of this year. Half of my collection was in the UK ( and because of the prohibitive cost of bringing it back to Australia I had it sent to a family member who has now been able to have some great parties at my expense). The other half now sits with a HK who cant give it away. Its expired by now I think. Cost of my adventure into wine was about $16K now written off.

I was talked into buying this wine by a bunch of crooks who ran an outfit called on line super. Sadly Australia's superannuation system and the very ineffective ASIC has allowed all and sundry PIGS to have their noses in the trough when it comes to telling people how to invest their super. THESE SCAMS CONTINUE.

In hindsight I was an absolute idiot for buying something I knew absolutely nothing about!! I believed the sellers of this crap that it was worth the price. LESSON NOW LEARNT - ALWAYS ALWAYS GET AN INDEPENDENT OPINION FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT THE THING YOU ARE BUYING!!
if you gave your wines to family you must have paid duty to take it out of bond how much do they charge also delivery so you must have been out of pocket by a great deal. there must be a number of investors who have been caught out from the smooth talking sales people' there is no way out of this catch 22 situation. this company should be investigated to find out what is really going on. what distance were your wines stored from your family and did you collect them yourself. the more replies we are getting on this subject the more you realise it is a massive scam.
errorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:01pm   #144
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveacc View Post

Anybody that charges VAT and doesn't pay it would be in serious bother. Give these chaps a call and see what they say.

HMRC Contact us
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:39am   #145

3 Posts
Joined Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorman View Post
if you gave your wines to family you must have paid duty to take it out of bond how much do they charge also delivery so you must have been out of pocket by a great deal. there must be a number of investors who have been caught out from the smooth talking sales people' there is no way out of this catch 22 situation. this company should be investigated to find out what is really going on. what distance were your wines stored from your family and did you collect them yourself. the more replies we are getting on this subject the more you realise it is a massive scam.
You bet!! The wines were stored in Glasgow. My brother is in London ...so I paid something like $A1200 in VAT and transport costs to get about 36 bottles to my brother (there's no way the wines were worth anything like that). I weighed this up against keeping this worthless stock with Cellarlink and paying $1000 a year ad infinitum(I think $400 went towards their portal which was useless anyway) .
I got so sick of it all that I took the line of least resistance! I am normally very astute when it comes to financial matters and can only feel embarrassed at having been fleeced by this mob!!
daveacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2012, 9:41am   #146

8 Posts
Joined Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinge View Post
Can I get some recommendations on alternative storage sites in the UK to keep the wine in bond so I can try and do the same please? I've had no interest from UK brokers either when they actually return calls/emails.

Thanks in advance.

Stormfront
Stormfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 4:03pm   #147
Joined Oct 2006

Seems this sort of thing has become an embarrassment and they are finally going to do something about it, well maybe.

FSA to stop promotion of fine wines, crops as investments - Telegraph
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:53pm   #148

1 Posts
Joined Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm View Post
Whatever you do do get involved with them, google them and you will find out more. I am trying to help some unhappy investors who got totally ripped off by them.

Wine is not a good long term investment at the moment, and has not been for some time, not improving either.

Emm
I have been bitten by them. They are not able to sell my stock, and seems like I will have to right off my investment :
Very disappointed with the service and the outcome. I would not touch it with a barge pole.
Curious investor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:14am   #149

1 Posts
Joined Oct 2012

Would agree stay well away from APW which is now Cellarlink!! Run by the same person who we will call EE.

I refused to pay storage fees as they were jacking up annual fees and storage fees to a point that was greater than wine value. They sold enough of my wine to cover my outstanding fees including $40 per month direct debit refusal, then sold the remaining wines to themselves at $1 per bottle.

It was amazing how quickly they were able to sell the wine when they were owed money as they went close to 3 years without selling a bottle.

Stay well away from APW & Cellarlink. Better places on the internet to purchase wines!
simco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 7:49pm   #150

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious investor View Post
I have been bitten by them. They are not able to sell my stock, and seems like I will have to right off my investment :
Very disappointed with the service and the outcome. I would not touch it with a barge pole.
I invested nearly £5000 with two purchases. I had to keep ringing them and even went to ther office in London. They make big promises and can't deliver. I eventually refused to pay any more cellar charges and transferred all my collections to "Bid or wine" they have managed to sell 75% of my collection and recovered about 70% of my investment so far in less than a year. I can highly recommend them. Money gets transferred to your account quickly and they only charge listing fees which are pretty small. The other company I'm looking at is Farr Vintners who "may" buy your wine off you at current prices -20%. So some return if not all. At least it's something.

Good luck
Windystu is offline   Reply With Quote