NFA levies $2,000,000 monetary sanction against FXCM and orders refunds to customers

This is a discussion on NFA levies $2,000,000 monetary sanction against FXCM and orders refunds to customers within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by Pazienza Which posts were deleted? If they were mine they almost certainly were libellous and/or outrageously offensive, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:49pm   #76
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Re: NFA levies $2,000,000 monetary sanction against FXCM and orders refunds to custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazienza View Post
Which posts were deleted? If they were mine they almost certainly were libellous and/or outrageously offensive, so there was probably nothing untoward going on.
There were some posts deleted yesterday as part of the houskeeping. There have been NONE .... 0 deleted today.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:50pm   #77
Joined Jan 2011
Re: NFA levies $2,000,000 monetary sanction against FXCM and orders refunds to custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
There were some posts deleted yesterday as part of the houskeeping. There have been NONE .... 0 deleted today.
Want me to help out?
Pazienza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:51pm   #78
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
Well it's not like it never happens.
I want to know why you think there were posts deleted today.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:54pm   #79
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
I want to know why you think there were posts deleted today.
Checked the thread, couldn't find 3 posts related to FXCM customers outside the US not being compensated. Tge posts are there now.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:58pm   #80

Joined Aug 2004

Quote:
Checked the thread, couldn't find 3 posts related to FXCM customers outside the US not being compensated. Tge posts are there now.
Posts 62 63 64 are all showing, i'm just going to check the logs again.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:59pm   #81
Joined Oct 2006

Do you want to reopen to whole T2W partners/deleted posts discussion? Remember FXCM are the T2W preferred broker.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:38pm   #82
tar

Joined Nov 2006

Apparently investors and professionals didn't pay attention to this news , the stock rallied 8 % yesterday , and 4% today ! not to mention the stock didnt stop from going up last week , its like they think it is good news not bad !
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:55pm   #83
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
Apparently investors and professionals didn't pay attention to this news , the stock rallied 8 % yesterday , and 4% today ! not to mention the stock didnt stop from going up last week , its like they think it is good news not bad !
They appear to have got away with not repaying non US clients. Perhaps that was the good news. They have budgeted $16 million but so far have only racked up about $10 million in fines and compensation (according to their own estimates).
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:20pm   #84
tar

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
They appear to have got away with not repaying non US clients. Perhaps that was the good news. They have budgeted $16 million but so far have only racked up about $10 million in fines and compensation (according to their own estimates).
even , it didn't stop from last week , at least it should stop from going up , instead it continued another 12 % . i remember Jason said something about some of Fxcm's partners reimbursing fxcm with the whole amount ...

Last edited by tar; Aug 16, 2011 at 10:33pm. Reason: from Justin to Jason
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:31pm   #85
Joined Oct 2006

Jason you mean?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:33pm   #86
tar

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
Jason you mean?
yeah sorry , Justin is MB's rep ....
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:26am   #87
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Did the allegedly unfair slippage practices affect only US customers or all customers?
Ignoring this question is not going to make it go away.
Thanks! The following members like this post: Shakone
Old Aug 17, 2011, 4:07pm   #88

Joined Jun 2009
Re:

Quote:
Did the allegedly unfair slippage practices affect only US customers or all customers?
Hi pboyles,

My apologies for the delay in reply. While I wish I could answer every question for you, I'm only able to discuss what is listed in the FAQ found through the press release http://ir.fxcm.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=2...037&highlight= . Any questions beyond this, and you will need to email compliance@FXCM.com

-Jason
Jason Rogers is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2011, 4:08pm   #89

Joined Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
i remember Jason said something about some of Fxcm's partners reimbursing fxcm with the whole amount ...
That's correct. The settlement amount and the client price improvement credit will have no negative impact on FXCM's financial balance sheet because several founding partners of FXCM have reimbursed the company for the credit and the fines. As of June 30, 2011, FXCM Inc. had over $200 million in cash and no debt.

-Jason
Jason Rogers is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 9:00am   #90
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rogers View Post
That's correct. The settlement amount and the client price improvement credit will have no negative impact on FXCM's financial balance sheet because several founding partners of FXCM have reimbursed the company for the credit and the fines. As of June 30, 2011, FXCM Inc. had over $200 million in cash and no debt.

-Jason
You're a record breaker.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mone...ever-fine.html