Tradestation

This is a discussion on Tradestation within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; JO, AFAIK , there is no option to pay for priority support. The main gripe I have with TRAD is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:11am   #8
s-a
Joined Dec 2004
JO,

AFAIK, there is no option to pay for priority support. The main gripe I have with TRAD is that they are geared to cater for the US customer. Which is probably no problem for you. One more thing, while they do offer FOREX trading, I have found their support for their FOREX customers pretty darn terrible. Its like they decided to offer FOREX just as a marketing tool. FOREX is a very small part of TRADs business so I think they don't see the benefit in putting much effort there. Just my thoughts based on my experience with them as a customer for the last year.

HG
s-a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:36am   #9
Joined Dec 2001
For all of the TS2000i users there are some options if e-signal is not acceptable as a data feed. So you would need a new interface to convert the data, and believe it or not there is actually a free version that works seamlessly. It is available at

http://www.hypertrader.it/freetool.shtml

And the option that is needed is the HyperServer Lite version and there are many options including Yahoo and IB. They also have software to allow you to get history data, etc.

As Tradestation 2000i was a paid for product, and still is everywhere else in the world except in the USA., where they are phasing out this product in favour of the newer TS8.x version.

There is a hugh community, and many indicators available, it seems pointless to upgrade to the later version of the software.
Artful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:14pm   #10

5 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
JO,

If you have a software related question. If you lose your Internet connection. I have experienced long hold times. Service the Techs are not very well trained, your questions are better answered on the online forum.
Brokepc is offline   Reply With Quote