Windows Defender is Snoozed

TexasRangersFan

I am using Kapersky on my HP (PC ) laptop.

About every 2 weeks I turn off Kapersky and run Windows Defender.

I don't think any virus protection can catch everything.

I turned off Kapersky and tried to turn on Defender and it won't turn on.

It says it is 'snoozed'.

I used it 2 weeks ago and there was no problem.

I did not stop it or turn it off. Unless it was a mistake, a bad click somewhere.

How do I turn it back on ? Any ideas ?

I am using Kapersky on my HP (PC ) laptop.

About every 2 weeks I turn off Kapersky and run Windows Defender.

I don't think any virus protection can catch everything.

I turned off Kapersky and tried to turn on Defender and it won't turn on.

It says it is 'snoozed'.

I used it 2 weeks ago and there was no problem.

I did not stop it or turn it off. Unless it was a mistake, a bad click somewhere.

How do I turn it back on ? Any ideas ?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0/05267618-a620-48aa-a4f8-be55f6855232?auth=1

Thanks, I tried again, but it still does not work.

I don't understand why it suddenly started acting this way.

I am not going to delete Kapersky just to run Defender. I have it turned off, that should be good enough.

I have also run RegSeeker, MBAM and Spybot today without any problems.

But those programs only run when they are started. They don't run in the background. At least the free versions that I downloaded.

Like I said earlier, I have never had a virus program that caught everything. Whether it was Norton, McAfee or Kapersky.

I have gotten trojans even while I had an active virus program running. So, that is why I like to run multiple programs from time to time, just in case one program catches something another one misses.

It's only Defender giving me the problems .

I know it's the least capable of all the programs I listed, but it's free and it came installed.

I'll try a few more things, but if I don't figure it out, it's not a big deal.

It's not the idea of a virus giving me a problem, it's me vs. machine and I want to win.....lol.

Well if you want full protection then you should run a virtual machine through which you browse the Web. On your main machine you never browse the web. If the vm is hit by a virus then you just restore it from a snap.

Thanks, I tried again, but it still does not work.

I don't understand why it suddenly started acting this way.

I am not going to delete Kapersky just to run Defender. I have it turned off, that should be good enough.

I have also run RegSeeker, MBAM and Spybot today without any problems.

But those programs only run when they are started. They don't run in the background. At least the free versions that I downloaded.

Like I said earlier, I have never had a virus program that caught everything. Whether it was Norton, McAfee or Kapersky.

I have gotten trojans even while I had an active virus program running. So, that is why I like to run multiple programs from time to time, just in case one program catches something another one misses.

It's only Defender giving me the problems .

I know it's the least capable of all the programs I listed, but it's free and it came installed.

I'll try a few more things, but if I don't figure it out, it's not a big deal.

It's not the idea of a virus giving me a problem, it's me vs. machine and I want to win.....lol.

I strongly suspect you have selected your AV to managed your windows security settings.

Files are usually installed at startup and as part of boot up so services will be running even if you may have disabled or stopped AV & FW features etc.

Like wearing double condoms, if Kaspy says disable Defender, then simply take one of your condoms off and relax. You'll enjoy better performance of your PC. :cheesy:

I strongly suspect you have selected your AV to managed your windows security settings.

Files are usually installed at startup and as part of boot up so services will be running even if you may have disabled or stopped AV & FW features etc.

Like wearing double condoms, if Kaspy says disable Defender, then simply take one of your condoms off and relax. You'll enjoy better performance of your PC. :cheesy:

I recently upgraded to W10 Anniversary and I am not having the problem anymore.
Funny, how that works.

I can stop Kapersky......then run Spybot, MBAM and Defender without a problem.
Then, when they complete a system check, I return to Kapersky.
I like alternate checks from time to time, I don't think anything can catch everything.

Thanks!