Windows 10 for free

Sounds like a good deal ( I'm open to rethink) but I shall wait 3-4 months for the inevitable problems to surface. Got a year to upgrade and can rollback. Win 7 support expires 2020 so it could make financial sense but MS not yet announced payment scheme. They appear to. be moving towards rental like Ofice 365. Rest assured that whatever happens will be best for MS.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good deal ( I'm open to rethink) but I shall wait 3-4 months for the inevitable problems to surface. Got a year to upgrade and can rollback. Win 7 support expires 2020 so it could make financial sense but MS not yet announced payment scheme. They appear to. be moving towards rental like Ofice 365. Rest assured that whatever happens will be best for MS.

My computer is a month old and loaded with Windows 8. I understand that 10 will loaded, automatically. Today, I suppose. Anyway, when it happens I'll let you know how I get on.

I have been having scrolling problems on T2W and have learned that Sharky uses Chrome. If he doesn't know, who does? I may change over to Chrome, myswlf.

Windows got in touch this morning and 10 is set to be downloaded at 1600. I shall leave the computer on and go out until tonight.

Windows got in touch this morning and 10 is set to be downloaded at 1600. I shall leave the computer on and go out until tonight.

You never know – might just turn out to be the equivalent of going on holiday and leaving your teenage kids at home having promised they won't invite any of their mates round for a party!

You never know – might just turn out to be the equivalent of going on holiday and leaving your teenage kids at home having promised they won't invite any of their mates round for a party!

Came home to Windows 10. No apparent problems so far.

I have a new computer and the agreement was an automatic update from 8 to 10 at end July. I have no reason not to have it.

Whether it is better, or not, remains to be seen.

As a lot of folk are a little apprehensive about it I am offering my experiences.

So far, so good but I do not use a computer for much and most of the apps are likely to remain unused.

Last edited:
There you go! You`re getting interested.

Ì' ll be frank. None of this stuff is likely to get my attention unless I have a definite use for it. I'm into forums, my dealer, Googling for something and some radio stations. I, occasionally, look at You Tube.

I don't use Twitter or Facebook. Email is great and much quicker than mail and I download documents.

All of this was possible on my old computer but it packed in and I had to buy a new one. This one has Windows 10. That's it!

I expect that my kids will teach me something that I will find useful along the way, but it will be a slow process.

There you go! You`re getting interested.

Ì' ll be frank. None of this stuff is likely to get my attention unless I have a definite use for it. I'm into forums, my dealer, Googling for something and some radio stations. I, occasionally, look at You Tube.

I don't use Twitter or Facebook. Email is great and much quicker than mail and I download documents.

All of this was possible on my old computer but it packed in and I had to buy a new one. This one has Windows 10. That's it!

I expect that my kids will teach me something that I will find useful along the way, but it will be a slow process.

A very sensible and pragmatic attitude towards technology if I may say so, – you are using it for what you want and not vice versa. So many people are now slaves to their phone/social media/bits of high-tech etc that in some ways I think they forget what life is really all about.

I have a new computer and the agreement was an automatic update from 8 to 10 at end July. I have no reason not to have it.

Whether it is better, or not, remains to be seen.

As a lot of folk are a little apprehensive about it I am offering my experiences.

So far, so good but I do not use a computer for much and most of the apps are likely to remain unused.

I meant why would you want to use Windows OS anyway?