Why are so few people on here willing to live-call their trades??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBootyBabe

So many thousands of people on this site act like they are very skilled at consistently making money every week from trading,
but so why are there less than a dozen people on here who actually live-call all their trades inadvance?? :?::devilish:

Everyone spouts the same copy n pasted 'text-book' nonsense of ''only risk 2% per trade, use tigh stoplosses, set very high risk:reward ratios for every trade, trade in the direction that the market been moving for last few days... ect'',
but yet none of these same people who claim to be skilled and experts at trading are actually willing to live-call their trades on here... :LOL::rolleyes::whistling

Trading is difficult enough without the added pressure of calling trades, posting, managing, etc. Very short term traders won't bother because it's near impossible to do all of the above at once especially if you are still learning. My only pet peeve is those people who stop by Flash's thread, claim they are better than everyone else or everyone there sucks or whatever, but then refuse to call a trade to show us how its done. :rolleyes:

Kudos to anyone who does or attempts to call live trades, whether they win or lose, it takes a lot of guts and confidence. (y)

Peter

As a day trader, it's a bit of a bind doing it. The first few minutes of a trade is the most important and doing the screen shots/posting is quite tough at this period.

I did it for a while on the ES thread but found it cumbersome and it did distract from trade management of the first few minutes.

Still - I do believe there are people here doing it still. What we do on the ES thread now is discuss where we will be looking for trades and we do discuss some trades we took after the event but for me that's only when there's something of an exception worth discussing.

Obviously, all that could be fakery but that thread isn't a d1ck swinging contest as some people there are using similar methods - like me & Rob to some extent and I learn a lot from him but I also want to pass on some of the analysis to others newer to the ES too.

Last edited:
So many thousands of people on this site act like they are very skilled at consistently making money every week from trading,
but so why are there less than a dozen people on here who actually live-call all their trades inadvance?? :?::devilish:

Everyone spouts the same copy n pasted 'text-book' nonsense of ''only risk 2% per trade, use tigh stoplosses, set very high risk:reward ratios for every trade, trade in the direction that the market been moving for last few days... ect'',
but yet none of these same people who claim to be skilled and experts at trading are actually willing to live-call their trades on here... :LOL::rolleyes::whistling

er, I dont see you calling live trades BBB. Calling a trade a and leaving it until it goes right is hardly a live call. I have no problem if thats how you trade but who is ever going to believe you,oh and happy easter

To echo what Pete says, kudos to those that do it like Flash, Pete, Zen, etc. If people want to judge performance based upon it (or lack of thereof), then that is their prerogative.

To echo what Pete says, kudos to those that do it like Flash, Pete, Zen, etc. If people want to judge performance based upon it (or lack of thereof), then that is their prerogative.

precisely.I only do it as it helps my discipline. I dont expect many to do it,Ive virtually built it into my routine. It has no reflection on volume or discipline etc so really should not been seen as anything other than a live called trade.

er, I dont see you calling live trades BBB. Calling a trade a and leaving it until it goes right is hardly a live call. I have no problem if thats how you trade but who is ever going to believe you,oh and happy easter

could not agree more posting trades when they have gone right helps nobody,how often do you see a losing trade posted after the event!

Also when people do post live find it "suprising" how even when it goes the oppisite way how many are stopped out for b/e :-0:-0:-0

What is the point? If you are successful, you don't need to call live trades to prove it. You know it because your trade statement tells the story - the only one that matters. You don't need others to affirm essentially facts.

Trade performance is a combination of skill, luck and market condition. In the short run, luck matters more than skill and so you need statistically significant data to demonstrate that it is skill and not luck. A lot of work and for what purpose unless you intend to start a paid signal service.

Reactions: tar
What is the point? If you are successful, you don't need to call live trades to prove it. You know it because your trade statement tells the story - the only one that matters. You don't need others to affirm essentially facts.

Trade performance is a combination of skill, luck and market condition. In the short run, luck matters more than skill and so you need statistically significant data to demonstrate that it is skill and not luck. A lot of work and for what purpose unless you intend to start a paid signal service.

sure your right but people call for different reasons. What Tim and others are saying is that we are fed up of those that claim this and that etc. They often have ulterior motives. If they make such claims,then they should back them up.

I don't know where you get the idea that "Everyone spouts the same [stuff]" about tight stoplosses because in my experience of this forum it is exactly the opposite. Everyone spouts the same nonsense about the need for wide stops and market volatility etc...

As far a making live calls are concerned, what is the point when any numbskull who disputes what you say is usually too lazy to look back and find them. They want to be taken by the hand and led...I can't be arsed anymore, I'm not selling anything so the only thing I have to gain or lose from my advice is my own money. Besides, those who know, know, and those who don't, want proof.

Out of interest, why is this nonsense?

I don't think that it is nonsense, necessarily. I suspect that others are like me. It gets to be a burden. One has to be very disciplined to do it properly and, as far as reading other people's---I'm not, really, interested so I suspect that others are not interested in mine.

last time I checked it came under "common sense"

It depends , if you are scalping FDAX futures with 5 points SL then 2% looks risky and big , if you are swing trading with 400 pips SL 2% looks small , it also depends on your account size , each to their own .

I don't think that it is nonsense, necessarily. I suspect that others are like me. It gets to be a burden. One has to be very disciplined to do it properly and, as far as reading other people's---I'm not, really, interested so I suspect that others are not interested in mine.

I agree. It is hard work (for me) to post and trade then comment on the trades albeit I do pop in with the rare trade and get on with my own approach. Hats off to the guys who have the stamina to regularly post here. Those that moan (Booty boobs) can always post their live trades here instead of hoping to piggy back off the traders that post live here.
The answer is easy Booty - join in and post your live trades if you want to increase the number of useful trading posts here.
Pity there is not a way to delete all the non live trade related posts on this site.

I apologise for cluttering up this thread with a non live trade post and hope the lultz and non live trade posters element stay away from here:cry:

But if you are new to trading and are not so stupid as to go looking for the easy path to riches etc, then you will learn a lot about trading in the real world

no more then 2% into any one Idea. Thats the why I have always viewed it. My % risk has no baring on my stoploss. Stoploss it always determined first before I apply the 2% risk to a trade.

because there is no upside.

5 words to live by if you want to be rich:

'What's in it for me' :LOL:

I'm sure if you looked a little harder, you'll find alot do. There are thousands of people as you say, and there are also thousands of threads. Mine are posted on another thread where my calls have generated great returns last year. Its not my own thread and its not entitled "live calls" doesn't make them any less real though.

And to reiterate the others, who gives a toss what other people think..I'm not so insecure to need to prove my results to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.