Why no mention on here of the Russell 2000?

Russell 2000 is mid cap index in US and probably good indication of US economic heath, I have been always keen in the index and watch this index on regular basis to get an idea of how and when markets are diverging or converging, but never traded as such... probably I have to keep eye on too many setups to follow....

Will try and post something ....

I suspect the same reason people don't mention the ftse250, in my view it could be the wider spreads don't lend well to the scalping methods (read 'jump in jump out' method) which a lot of these forums users appear to employ.

Its not just missing from here though is it? I don't think I've ever seen a chart of the Russell anywhere. What would it show that the S&P500 doesn't? Would it be more tradable than the Dow?

Common knowledge?

"EquityClock.com notes that the Russell 2000 Small Cap Index has outperformed the S&P 500 Index, on average, from December 15 to March 1. The Russell 2000 Index currently at 1,186 has gained in 19 of the past 25 periods for an average gain per period of 5.35 per cent. The small-cap benchmark has outperformed the S&P 500 Index by an average of 3.09 per cent per period."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...capture-the-small-cap-effect/article22164264/

(maybe october > march?)

Attachments

• RUT SPX.jpg
    RUT SPX.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 292
I typically follow the russle with funds such as TNA and IWM and they do outperform with a strong dollar. If you look at TNA in particular you can see just how volatile this index really is. It is one of the best day swing tickers around though much harder to read well.

So much so it has dropped off my short list even with its extremely high potential.

A better more experienced trader then me might say otherwise.

Just wondered why theres not much mention on here of the US Russell 2000, compared to the FTSE and the S&P500?

in terms of pro traders of indices they favour spoos as they can get size off with little slippage. they use russel and nasdaq to help them with trade decisions tho.

GL

Russell 2000 high low range chart for May of 2015

20150529russell2000highlowrangechart1.png

20150529russell2000highlowrangechart2.png

20150529russell2000highlowrangechart3.png

Chart legend:

highlowrangechart.png

1. Date
2. Index close price.
3. Index Price change
4. Number of stocks from an index basket traded in a price range.
5. Change in the number of stocks traded in a price range.
6. High-Low range scale between their 52-week high and 52-week low.
7. The difference between the number of advances and declines

Source: http://www.marketvolume.com/quotes/breadthindexhighlowrangechart.asp