who spreadbets at £100 per point ?

You want to protect your position as a SB'er. And don't see the light of the other side of the argument do you!

The tax situation is hypothetical and depends if you lean on the side of caution (take advice and progress from Spread betting) or are willing to take the risk of defending yourself in court which you could win or lose.

For avoidance of doubt, and to benefit anyone who might remotely consider that OFXTraderO might have even the slightest idea about anything to do with UK tax rules, please read the full account here:

💼

For avoidance of doubt, and to benefit anyone who might remotely consider that OFXTraderO might have even the slightest idea about anything to do with UK tax rules, please read the full account here:

💼
Hi ,its simple really myself and you and whoever if profitable spreadbetting have you had to pay tax..my answer is no.

No problems with the high amount but that would be very risky. You have high chances of losing in spread betting.

I am not into spread-betting and I don’t even recommend putting a single penny in it.
Spreadbetting through a UK-registered SB firm is fine, as long as you don't misuse the account. What I mean is its not the best approach for very tight very short-term intra-day trading, what some people call scalping, the spreads are too wide. The range of markets is also limited, for example I reckon the firm I use only offers about a quarter of the AIM 100. For other stuff, its a good tool.

The decision as to whether to CFD or whether to SB will not affect whether your win or lose.