Who knows some adaptive systems that can change strategy depending on the market phas

What does phase mean in your question? Can you post charts that show what you mean?

tomorton - I agree with you my friend otherwise Ehlers would be a millionaire from his trading! Yet I can guarantee you that he doesn't trade. I've used his algorithms before. The returns from the systems on his site are no better than other methods.
Markets are cyclic (seasonal) in nature which is why people try to apply all sorts of crazy and impressive algorithms.

tomorton - I agree with you my friend otherwise Ehlers would be a millionaire from his trading! Yet I can guarantee you that he doesn't trade. I've used his algorithms before. The returns from the systems on his site are no better than other methods.
Markets are cyclic (seasonal) in nature which is why people try to apply all sorts of crazy and impressive algorithms.

Thanks Imran, that's a nice and frank reply.

I'm a sceptic when it comes to market phases and "changes".

I am very unconvinced when traders and teachers say things like their system worked on the EUR/USD in 2015 but it didn't work on the EUR/USD in 2016 because the "market had changed". Markets don't change like that. Price changes, but no system should fail because price goes up and down, that's what price does.

Cheers.

SUPER GAINS. John Ehlers' DOS programs in the 1980s made me a multimillionaire. I made over $800,000 in one bond trade alone then parlayed that into a $1.3MM oil trade. That said, I was brash, in my 20s and was using contracts instead of options.

I still use his programs which I have reprogrammed to work together and I call THE GRYPHON. Today, I use options only so my profits are nearly all winners but with much smaller gains/. Ahhh the changes with age,.

I should also say IMO Ehlers has really gone downhill over the years from useful programs to just whatever he can sell.

I really wish I had bought some of his standalone trading programs he built in the 1990s but they all went away.