when should i get out of the market ??

zedanzz

when should you get out of the market ??

Do you know that knowing when to be out is as important as knowing when to be in ??

let's see why , as we all know there is no method can work with the market all th time , ofcourse there is time your method will not be able to give you the profits you want , or it should give , so when should i know and how , and after i know it what should I do ??

at the begening it depends on the outcome , and the plan you follow , for exampe if you trade with the price action and you don't have a CLEAR pattern to put on a trade don't let your mind draw a pattern in order to convennce your self to trade , the pattern is the pattern don't convence your self to imagine the trades which ofcourse will cause you to lose money at the end , so as a rule { do nothing when there is nothing to do } which means if you see the money sitting there in front of you go get it , but if you don't have the chance stay out until the chance comes to you .. ..

#trading_rules_of_success

Last edited:
Do you know that knowing when to be out is as important as knowing when to be in ??

let's see why , as we all know there is no method can work with the market all th time , ofcourse there is time your method will not be able to give you the profits you want , or it should give , so when should i know and how , and after i know it what should I do ??

at the begening it depends on the outcome , and the plan you follow , for exampe if you trade with the price action and you don't have a CLEAR pattern to put on a trade don't let your mind draw a pattern in order to convennce your self to trade , the pattern is the pattern don't convence your self to imagine the trades which ofcourse will cause you to lose money at the end , so as a rule { do nothing when there is nothing to do } which means if you see the money sitting there in front of you go get it , but if you don't have the chance stay out until the chance comes to you .. ..

Sometimes there are sone charts you ld better leave alone.

Look at that EURCAD : no trend, no consolidation figure, tangled SMAs, and wicks everywhere. This is the kind of chart you do not want to trade. Better stay out and wait for it to settle down a little bit.

Attachments

• EURCAD.png
    EURCAD.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 527

Look at that EURCAD : no trend, no consolidation figure, tangled SMAs, and wicks everywhere. This is the kind of chart you do not want to trade. Better stay out and wait for it to settle down a little bit.

of course i agree with you , and don't bother convencing your self that you will find good trades on these pairs insted of finding a clear trends to trade with ! i wonder why people always try to convence themselves with this ! you can find a better place to make money ! you have the EUR USD for examle is a clear down trend long time ago , why should you stick with a pair like the EUR CAD if it was like this ! .. by the way i agree with you that the trend is not good enough to trade it in an easy way .
thank you

of course i agree with you , and don't bother convencing your self that you will find good trades on these pairs insted of finding a clear trends to trade with ! i wonder why people always try to convence themselves with this ! you can find a better place to make money ! you have the EUR USD for examle is a clear down trend long time ago , why should you stick with a pair like the EUR CAD if it was like this ! .. by the way i agree with you that the trend is not good enough to trade it in an easy way .
thank you

i think when you think its time for your retirement from the market or you think you got enough money from the market and you want to start some other business !!!! i think thats the right time :)

It is easy to enter the market, there are many different techniques ... but how about leaving? There is a fundamental difference between a trader who has an exact exit plan or none at all. No matter if the positions are in profits or in flames, as a trader you really need two exit strategies: one to control profits and another to control losses. And when it comes to profits, you also need to know how to protect them.

Therefore, exit planning includes a loss stop strategy to get out of bad trades, a profit protection strategy to get out of winning trades, and another strategy to save the neck in case of unforeseen risks. You will need the three tactics in each operation, because anything can happen once you press the enter command button.

Understanding when it's time to get out of the market is as important as understanding when to open an order. In my opinion these're equivalents)

It's very difficult to find the market exit point, you need to fight not only with the market situation, but also with your own greed. In this case it's better to follow your strategy.

The market exit point depends on your strategy and trading plan. As long as you have those set in place, you will be able to find a place to close the position.

Hello Cesar! You are right about one thing. Or should I say three things – Control Profits, Control losses, and how to protect both?

In fact, it is the part of the risk management strategies in the stock market. I learned this from my Advisorymandi’s Financial Advisor who taught me the benefits of risk management in the stock market. Not just I follow the market trends but also diversify my portfolio time-to-time, plan my trades, and most importantly, use two most important tools – Stop Loss & Take-Profit.

I can easily book my profits in case if there’s a possibility of further increase in stock price when the stock is near the resistance level and mitigate risks by placing stop-loss order to exit my position on a particular price of the stock. With this, I can simply sell a security when it reaches a pre-set price limit.

And in doing so, I’m patient enough to not make any hasty decision. Summing up all, it is exactly like you said, three tactics in each operation.

why would you book profits if there's a possibility of further increase? sounds rather counter-intuitive

why would you book profits if there's a possibility of further increase? sounds rather counter-intuitive

Finding the right answer to this question is the bane of my life. My entries are more usually good than not, I get into strong trends, I pyramid the winners and I cut the losers. But so many winners turn round and retreat until I'm lucky to break even. This happens so often in forex within a single session so no warning from prior weakness or loss of momentum.

Just today I've decided I'm reduced to setting a TP and closing all trades when the given market meets it. EVEN IF further increase looks likely. TP distance same as SL distance. If this works as it looks like it should I'll be closing multiple trades per market simultaneously to avoid risk and preserve profits. Obviously, if the trend is still good, I'll be looking to re-enter at first opportunity.

When to exit market

Before I enter the market I know where I want to exit if the market gets to that point. Because in times past I have found that can very frustrating once in the trade and trying to decide to stay in, or get out. Sure one has to be uncomfortable that is why I plan this before I enter the trade.

Get out when you are wondering when you should get out :)

More specifically, when you don't know what's going on anymore, or your premise for getting in is no longer there.

as an old mentor of mine used to say .......a good entry strategy will get you to break even over time .......but a good exit strategy is needed to make you profitable

so little is talked or utilised regarding exit strategies ......that’s why 95% of traders fail

Before I enter the market I know where I want to exit if the market gets to that point. Because in times past I have found that can very frustrating once in the trade and trying to decide to stay in, or get out. Sure one has to be uncomfortable that is why I plan this before I enter the trade.

the best traders just focus on managing the worse case scenario when they look for trades .....then any upside takes care of itself ......

i can’t believe how many traders talk about getting 1:3 returns etc ......a trader has no idea however much any trade will make ....it’s all about managing the loss that you can control ......consistently and in a sensible strategic approach over time and large sample size

N

as an old mentor of mine used to say .......a good entry strategy will get you to break even over time .......but a good exit strategy is needed to make you profitable

so little is talked or utilised regarding exit strategies ......that’s why 95% of traders fail

I could not have put it better. How and when you exit the market is just as important as how you enter it.

the best traders just focus on managing the worse case scenario when they look for trades .....then any upside takes care of itself ......

i can’t believe how many traders talk about getting 1:3 returns etc ......a trader has no idea however much any trade will make ....it’s all about managing the loss that you can control ......consistently and in a sensible strategic approach over time and large sample size

N

I agreed with you so many traders talk about 1:3 returns I am starting to believe a lot of it is just talk. You have to get with the market will give you, and I don't believe it's not no 1:3 return on a consistent basis. Just my thoughts

I never have my targets hit because I have a very complex management to trades that is dynamic and not like the trade before. Its not only saved me from losses but is without doubt responsible for my account having such a smooth equity curve. This is my 13 week old account but would have a healthy 160% if I didn't have to change broker.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181117-001120_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181117-001120_Samsung Internet.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 320