What is your trading history and plans for the future?

P77UL

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member to the site and have found the threads here immensely helpful. I became interested in trading after becoming dissillusioned with the normal working routine and the regular career that doesn't provide the security and income you're led to believe.

My job was as a lecturer but I lost this due to cuts in funding my employer had to make. I worked 50 hour weeks and devoted so much to my employer and in return was cast aside like litter. I watched the same happen to my parents who had worked in occupations for many years. I'm now of the opinion that it simply isn't enough to rely on one income, one venture, one occupation to see oneself through life safely. I believe that you have to make every effort to solidify your own security and wellbeing by being as financially shrewd as possible.

I'm definitely still in the learning phase and have only gone so far as to enjoy some success with a demo account spread betting the FTSE 100.

I wont ask for advice as this is more than covered in the stickies but I think it would be very interesting to hear some histories with regards to how you got into trading, what reaserch you did/do, what success/losses you have endured so far and your plans for this year and beyond.

hey my friend

some free advice

1) get employed again to pay the bills
2) dont risk a penny out in real trading unless you can afford to lose it all

good luck
N

hey my friend

some free advice

1) get employed again to pay the bills
2) dont risk a penny out in real trading unless you can afford to lose it all

good luck
N

Hi, sorry I didn't make myself clear on that point. I lost my job some years ago but have been employed and financially stable for some time since then. I have some capital that I may consider trading with in the future but am very much in the learning phase at present hence the interest in trading experiences and histories :)

I have been trading for about 10 years and I plan to continue trading in the future. Making money in stock market is not easy and I recommend developing concrete specific strategy before jumping into anything

Plans for the future:

1) make lots of money
2) spend it on hookers & blow & fast cars
3)Die (hopefully related to #2)

(Not sure if you were looking for that but thread title different to what you asked)

Started 5 years ago. Couple accounts blown. Found enlightenment after making a journal on this site. Been working towards being profitable now.

Nothing much, the usual.

-----

Plans for the future... Work related, that's personal for now.

Otherwise, I want a lambo, supermodel mad scientist wives, immortality, a couple mansions, wireless neural internet connectivity, a quantum fridge with neverending beer supply, etc.

Typical guy stuff. I'm humble.

Great replies, thanks.

I know there is a 'can you really make money from this trading lark' thread but that seemed to develop into an argument.

Is there any one who makes a regular X amount of money per month following a structured approach? Or is it something you dip in and out of over time?

I suppose there will be 'all types' in trading. Perhaps those who make some money through a dedicated strategy and others who essentially just gamble with £X thousand and wouldn't miss it if the dog ate it.