What are your favourite currency pairs?

I was responding to the comment above mine that referred to USD/TRY and USD/RUB. Both the RUB and the TRY have had quite the upheavals because of various political decisions, the TRY more recently than the RUB.

Forex refers to the foreign currency exchanges where a trader can exchange one currency for another. And no doubt every forex trader will have his preferred currency pair here. And for this a trader’s choice can be easily different from the others. I love to trade various major pairs like USD/EUR, USD/JPY, USD/YEN, etc. What I love most about major currency pair is these pairs show less instability than others.

EUR/USD is the most popular currency pair for a reason. That said, have you ever tried or considered trading other currency pairs?

they do have different personalities.....dependent on the pair / mix

EUR USD is a solid and fairly steady pair as both currencies display that personality......some currencies are more volatile than these guys and display different correlation behaviours

I will trade EU most London open mornings if its looking favourable (a few chances this morning for example to sell EU) .....my other favourite is Cable in the London morning session

once NY opens its "game" on as theres a lot more movement on the G8 .....happy to hit most usd crosses then

N

they do have different personalities.....dependent on the pair / mix

EUR USD is a solid and fairly steady pair as both currencies display that personality......some currencies are more volatile than these guys and display different correlation behaviours

I will trade EU most London open mornings if its looking favourable (a few chances this morning for example to sell EU) .....my other favourite is Cable in the London morning session

once NY opens its "game" on as theres a lot more movement on the G8 .....happy to hit most usd crosses then

N

The other great thing about EUR/USD is that it has the smallest spread out of all currency pairs and it's quite volatile, so it's very useful if you want to scalp.

Most popular pairs are USDJPY and EURUSD, I saw a lot of trading robots built for them.

I watch
Aud/….
Eur/…
Gbp/…
Usd/…
gold

They keep me busy without too many nasty shocks. Down Donald......bad dog !

:LOL:

trading is about making money .........and like any business you have to streamline costs ....

spreads are an expensive but necessary cost of doing business in trading and thats why i avoid a lot of exotics and other markets .........they cost a fortune to trade ....win or lose ......so its a no win situation

every small % edge helps in trading .....Euro pairs and USD pairs are cheapest spreads generally ....so i will stick on those mainly - unless i really see a G8 pairing i like and am going for more of a positional trade on higher TFs ....spread costs do scale down at these levels .....

N

If you're looking for a small spread when you trade EUR/USD is the pair you want, there is no doubt about that.

The other great thing about EUR/USD is that it has the smallest spread out of all currency pairs and it's quite volatile, so it's very useful if you want to scalp.

yes spreads of EUR/USD are lowest among all currency pairs and also is the most liquid pair.

GBP/JPY is considering to be the most volatile currency pair at the moment, does anyone here prefer to trade it?