What are your favourite currency pairs?

I usually trade:
EUR/USD (Euro – US dollar)
USD/JPY (US dollar – Japanese yen)
GBP/USD (British pound – US dollar)

EURUSD is all time favorite and in my opinion we should only stick to one pair if we wish to learn about trading.

Don't really have any favourites, I tend to just stick to the G10 currencies as they have the most liquidity

my favourite currency pairs will always be the 2-3 most volatile in that TF .......always detectable through strengthmeter analysis

N

I also like to trade on 4 pairs:
USD/JPY (US dollar – Japanese yen)
EUR/USD (Euro – US dollar)
GBP/JPY (British pound – Japanese yen
AUD/USD (Australian dollar – US dollar)

if i were giving advice i would recommend traders stay off the USD pairs ......there are 28 pairs in the G8 so that still leaves 21 others to play with .....

remember the usd pairs is where all the Big Banks and Hedge funds play ....they move price around to suck up all us minions stop losses and then move price in direction they want....

N

the big banks all thank you .......the most manipulated pair in the G8
NVP just looking at your fx correlator glossary it says use any pairs with usd . However you have just stated do not touch usd i am confused. I am a newbie with regards fx

NVP just looking at your fx correlator glossary it says use any pairs with usd . However you have just stated do not touch usd i am confused. I am a newbie with regards fx[/QUOTE

hi there

the usd is manipulated more than any other currency........trade it with this in mind

if you were to trade pairs excluding usd they would be less susceptible to manipulation

N

Last edited:

apologies for my relatively brief responses on so many recent Threads / subjects here at Trade 2 win

this is not intended to be clever or sarcastic or any other interpretations that members choose to read into the posts

it is simply i am always short of time and try to crystallise issues into 1 or 2 bullet points that i feel will be useful to the members involved ...sometimes this is not enough i realise ....apologies

I mainly respond over the weekends and always try to allocate time to Trade 2 win as it was the first main forum where i introduced my Forex Strengthmeter work back in early 2000's and the owners and members have always been kind to me ...something i try to do myself for members here ........I am active on a few other forums these days plus have Youtube , Twitter and my own website and membership to manage alongside pretty much full time trading and training in the week .....

If members feel that I have not explained my thoughts enough feel free to PM me and go to my profile for more details of how to contact me

Thanks again everyone .........
Neil
NVP

EURUSD is all time favorite and in my opinion we should only stick to one pair if we wish to learn about trading.

Why? Probably because newbies heard only about dollars and euros and even don't know other currencies. In this case you'd better to get good economic background before starting to trade at all.

theres 28 currency pairs in the G8

therefore you have a 27/1 chance of trading the best pair if you are just solely trading EURUSD

good luck with that ! ........;)

N

Any that fit the 3 ducks statergy at any given time there is plenty to go at

which currency is best for you it completely depends on your trading approach , if you love doing scalping , should choose the pair which has most narrowest trading spreads.
Yeah that's why I trade only majors, spreads during the overlap of NY and London sessions are pretty time and scalping works fine.

theres 28 currency pairs in the G8

therefore you have a 27/1 chance of trading the best pair if you are just solely trading EURUSD

good luck with that ! ........;)

N
Honestly it is better to become skillful in one instrument rather than becoming jack of all trades so i usually concentrate over one pair rather than going after too many. Gold and Cable are also good for earnings but EURUSD is more liquid i guess.. anyways everyone has their own experiences and preferences too, however thanks for adding some luck.. thanks

Honestly it is better to become skillful in one instrument rather than becoming jack of all trades so i usually concentrate over one pair rather than going after too many. Gold and Cable are also good for earnings but EURUSD is more liquid i guess.. anyways everyone has their own experiences and preferences too, however thanks for adding some luck.. thanks

So which instrument is your favorite. It's not quite clear from your post since you mentioned several of them.

Actually i replied to the above post where i had already mentioned about EURUSD as my favorite pair and i guess it is also one of the mostly preferred pair of many traders worldwide.

Actually i replied to the above post where i had already mentioned about EURUSD as my favorite pair and i guess it is also one of the mostly preferred pair of many traders worldwide.

EURUSD is the most traded currency in the world.....hence the attention and manipulation by big banks

N