What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading?

MajorDutch

Established member
ok just for the lulz in memory of Paz & Dash. Here are my fave top 5 really dumb things I have heard people say about trading (in no particular order). Please add yours to the thread.

1. Now I am in a free trade. :LOL: I fkin cringe when people say this.

2. This is just one of the ways I make money (not for beginners). :clap:

3. Never trade with a stop. :eek: aka mr 200 winning trades in a row all of a sudden gone quiet

4. Enter trades with a minimum 3.1 risk reward - :sleep:

5. I commentate on oil a lot, i am shorting oil - :eek: someone actually said this at a seminar I went to in Sept 2009.

I am adding a 6th one in after watching a video in another post.

6. Only broke people sleep.:idea:

Last edited:
6. Double your money in 1 month

7. Make 2 million from $100, erh from $200, erh from $500, erh I mean from $900

1. "XYZ is looking cheap here"

2. "I told everybody XYZ was going to go up (or down) and nobody listened (or everybody laughed))"

3. One word: "Undervalued"

4. Anything that has anything to do with Warren Buffett (not that I have a problem with the guy, but everyone thinks that they're investing like him every time they buy a stock that went down).

Thanks for the advice split. Id rather think big and learn big, taking hits along the way than place £10 per point here and there. Its a big loss but the learning curve is tenfold than just learning from a £250 loss. I'll be back, and il get my money back

after losing £25k.

1. You can't trade off 5m or 1m charts
2. If I keep compounding I'll have $$$millions in a year (or 2).

Peter

1. 300% per month consistently.

2. Holy grail 100% win rate, No lose one pip, no critise until the end of may.

3. 1000:1 leverage

4. My stop is at blah so the most I can lose is blah

5. It can't go any lower

6. Anything I say

Last edited by a moderator:
The ultimate indicator

5 mins a day Is all you need

Money back guarantee

Read our reviews

My c0ck is bigger than yours...

Everything fcta says on his for Christians only thread, for example,
"Otherwise you are missing out and ability for God to equip you His knowledge for overcoming the stock markets. It works for me, and this is what I am doing using the Bible to spot the next market crash."

Never mind the pazzies, malins, dashes, killphils of this board, the One and Only Secret Truth is that fcta is the God approved King of Lulz.

And he doesn't even know it.

Everything fcta says on his for Christians only thread, for example,
"Otherwise you are missing out and ability for God to equip you His knowledge for overcoming the stock markets. It works for me, and this is what I am doing using the Bible to spot the next market crash."

Never mind the pazzies, malins, dashes, killphils of this board, the One and Only Secret Truth is that fcta is the God approved King of Lulz.

And he doesn't even know it.

:!:If you keep bad mouthing me I'm gonna come to your thread, son.

Guaranteed stop loss
Women make better traders than men.
Your broker is your friend.
You can make thousands in just 5 minutes every day.
Wealth training seminars and courses.
You can trade on the beach in the Bahamas
You can trade anywhere in the world from an internet cafe.
You can trade ethical products.
80%of traders fail in the first year (more like 95%).
Most of the people on this forum are professional knowledgeabe traders

"Trading isn't like gambling."

:LOL:

And "Investment".

People use the word "investment" or say things like it isn't gambling (when they have **** all idea of what gambling means) to make themselves sound clever, like just using the word "investment" reduces the risk to zero. :rolleyes:

Check that gambling thread. Half the morons speak like they know what they are talking about. What they really mean is degenerate gambling... and nobody ever goes degen when they're trading, do they. :LOL:

"Trading isn't like gambling."

:LOL:

And "Investment".

People use the word "investment" or say things like it isn't gambling (when they have **** all idea of what gambling means) to make themselves sound clever, like just using the word "investment" reduces the risk to zero. :rolleyes:

Check that gambling thread. Half the morons speak like they know what they are talking about. What they really mean is degenerate gambling... and nobody ever goes degen when they're trading, do they. :LOL:

The latest cry of the loser " The spreadbet company cheated me/ slipped my trade etc etc:sleep:

BRETTUS - "I trade about twice a week. Sorry if i have too much time on my hands to help Tony know that he won't be better off anywhere else. It's true that i'm an amateur though. Some amateurs get lucky though"

Big mouth for an amateur