What do YOU consider a succesful days trading ?

philonik

Ive been trading on demos for a while and just started with real money!

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on what they consider a successful day or week or months trading to be ?

equity curve anywhere within +/- 2 standard deviations of where I predicted that that it should be.

I consider successful day/month/week trading when you can post statements showing profits over multiple periods of the chosen time frame.

If you have been trading on demo then, that's a failure. Consider your winners as gambles and your account is due to blow shortly.

I consider successful day/month/week trading when you can post statements showing profits over multiple periods of the chosen time frame.

If you have been trading on demo then, that's a failure. Consider your winners as gambles and your account is due to blow shortly.

but surely say a 50p profit on a £1000 invest wouldn't be considered a great success ?

just playing devils advocate here...

What do you mean by the demo account comment ?

Not ****ing Today, that's for sure!

Well mine's a success today and I have a statement to prove it.

137262d1338393171-what-do-you-consider-succesful-days-trading-success.jpg

Attachments

• success.jpg
    success.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,494
but surely say a 50p profit on a £1000 invest wouldn't be considered a great success ?

just playing devils advocate here...

What do you mean by the demo account comment ?

If you consistently make 50p every time that's an enormous success. See if you can make five 50p's in a row before you lose the 1000.

The demo account comment will light up within you soon enough.

A successful day?..When ive reached the end of the day after remaining true to the plan i had at the begining of the day.

I don't know if this is a successful day or not, but what I am 100% sure is that this is "key for success" (y)

gertting in front of a screen undisturbed for an hour is a good start.....

Wahooooo get you! This morning I wiped my **** on **** roll that was worth more than your account and before you ask I flushed it so I can't post it up as a statement.

We are talking about success here. No statement means no success. Makes no difference if you have a 20 mill account.

Ive been trading on demos for a while and just started with real money!

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on what they consider a successful day or week or months trading to be ?

not losing.....

thats 90% of traders (or more ?) now in happy mode ;)

N

We are talking about success here. No statement means no success.

I've noticed that there are not many account statements posted up on this site, hmmmm>>

my idea of a successful day is when the first trade of the day goes well and then i pop my feet up on the desk and wait for another to come along and so on throughout the day
an unsuccessful day is when i loose and then lump one on for the sake of it and so on loose, loose,loose all day

Well mine's a success today and I have a statement to prove it.

137262d1338393171-what-do-you-consider-succesful-days-trading-success.jpg

Joe, that's your Oanda account, isn't it? You seem to have been working hard! I'm glad that you are happy with it and wish you luck.

I don't think that I could do anything like that, I've done three trades. One winner and two losers.

Joe, that's your Oanda account, isn't it? You seem to have been working hard! I'm glad that you are happy with it and wish you luck.

I don't think that I could do anything like that, I've done three trades. One winner and two losers.

Yes, that's my play account. First thing I did with it was gamble like crazy before finally realising where I was going wrong and things beginning to tick nicely and more predictably under control.

I am still down a couple of euros overall, but those will be recovered soon enough on a nice trend ride.