What is the best forex trading software?

EDWINGENTNER

I’ve used Metatrader 4, metatrader 5, cTrader, Ninjatrader, Tradestation, SierraCharts and others. Some are more user friendly, some are more feature-rich, some are just easier on the eyes.
MT4 might be very user-friendly, but let’s face it: it’s charting features suck. I mean, try to draw or move a trend line and experience the pain. You know what I’m talking about.

I've used FXCM and MT4. I preferred FXCM - the layout and presentation was nicer and it seemed to have easier interactive features. However, I've been told MT4 is the more common software for new traders.

it’s charting features suck.

Yup, I've just started using it and I'm trying to draw multiple Fib retracements on the chart but it's having a heart attack. Doesn't bode well for charting software and prospective trading does it!

I propose to try the Quantower platform, which currently has connections to OANDA, LMAX, cTrader, Poloniex and Binance.
Among functionality, you will find a lot of charting features, different panels (DOM, T&S, Module for manual backtesting), flexible workspace and interface.
[link removed]

Soon we will add more exchange connections (CQG, IQFeed, MetaStock) for stocks, futures and options trading

Last edited by a moderator:
MT4 is like the microsoft of Forex ....most people come into trading by using it ...and if you are clever enough (or know people who are clever enough) you can do most things on it

its pretty indestructable and has been around for decades ...its not perfect but its there

most other stuff is fancier and much more expensive to use (MT4 is free)

N

I use MT4. Besides being free it has most of the functions and lots of guys trying to make EAs, indicators and utilities ( mostly Russian ).

:clap:

For me it's more than the trading terminal

I use:
Eikon
Ransquawk

And websites

Forexlive
Forexfactory
Zerohedge
Tradingeconomics
Actionforex

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

For me it's more than the trading terminal

I use:
Eikon
Ransquawk

And websites

Forexlive
Forexfactory
Zerohedge
Tradingeconomics
Actionforex

I agree with you: Eikon is an amazing software (I guess better than Bloomberg).
Zerohedge and Tradingeconomics are good as well

I agree with you: Eikon is an amazing software (I guess better than Bloomberg).
Zerohedge and Tradingeconomics are good as well

Do you know how to receive free pro access to tradingeconomics. Or at least with discount, it proved to be extremely useful resource for me.

Do you know how to receive free pro access to tradingeconomics. Or at least with discount, it proved to be extremely useful resource for me.
Nope I paid for access last year but realised I didn't need it and the access is limited to a number of data points so if you want cpi data, each release is a point off your quota. But you honestly don't need it and they have a link on their site where you can create dashboards using their data. It's a brilliant site expecially if you want faster access to data releases than you get on forex factory. I have seen alerts on some occasions nearly as fast as my eikon terminal however, eikon is consistently fast. Eikon used to have a crude text based econ alert screen that they replaced with the economy monitor which was slower than its predecessor.

I use Tradingview and it completely suites my needs. Fast, multi-platform (even mobile), you can implement your own indicators/scripts, server-side alerts, etc.

Some years ago I bought Neuroshell but it was not at all accurate in its predictions. I decline to fork out even more money for expensive add-ons and up grades that probably did nothing to improve it.
Typical US rip off company. Has the jargon and an enticing sales pitch but results were woefully short of expectations.
Maybe it has improved but I doubt it.

I'd second the vote for TradingView if your broker supports it. Trading wise its not brilliant but its good enough. Charting it second-to-none.