What are the best sites offering free charts and/or technical analysis tools?

Hi
As im unable to start off my own post on this at the moment hopefully I can just jump on the back of this topic.

Im looking at back testing a system i have on EUR/$ . can anyone recommend a charting site that would show me 4hr charts for free? I use IG but the charts only go back a few months. Ideally I would like to see back further than this

Thanks
Martin

Hi
As im unable to start off my own post on this at the moment hopefully I can just jump on the back of this topic.

Im looking at back testing a system i have on EUR/$ . can anyone recommend a charting site that would show me 4hr charts for free? I use IG but the charts only go back a few months. Ideally I would like to see back further than this

Thanks
Martin

This one Real Time FOREX EUR/USD Technical Chart | LIVE Semmo Network shows 4hr chart for the last 4 months or this one for usd dollar index Real Time US Dollar Index Chart | LIVE Semmo Network but it shows 8hr chart for the last 40 days...

FreeStockCharts.com is a resource I like to use and recommend to others.

Finance at Yahoo.com is an incredible resource that I've used for more then 15 years.

StockCharts.com is another great place to find good price charts but also let you do comparison's between sectors, industries, stocks, ETF's, etc. on a percentage basis.

MoneyMorning.com and Investors.com as well as SeekingAlpha.com are great new sites that offer commentary, good analysis, and can give you new ideas on what to trade/invest.

Your on-line broker should have free charts. If it does not or ask additional monthly payment - you may find another broker. The rest of free sources will have most likely delayed charts.

Re: Google, Yahoo, and OnVista

Where are you Adam? Are you alive?

For trading charts, day traders need to have their own charting software (such as SierraChart, TradeStation, NinjaTrader, etc.), but for non trading charts, there are a few web sites that offer quite decent charts.

For basic charts in English, either Google Finance, or Yahoo Finance would work, and for basic charts in German, OnVista is a good choice.

Adam Milton

Hi

Thanks
Martin

Why not pay a few bucks to open up any Live Brokerage account and then use the software without trading ?

they wont boot you off....

N

Sierra Charts has historical daily and some intraday data fx history that you should be able to get with the free trial. Thereafter, the monthly rate is not very mush, considering the power of the software.

Why not pay a few bucks to open up any Live Brokerage account and then use the software without trading ?

they wont boot you off....

N

Up to 10 symbols with a watchlist and full technicals for intraday action at Semmo Network
It also provides a full screen if your browser supports it. No need to pay of course.