What’s the most challenging part of trading for you?

1) buying with high spread rates without realizing (n)
2) forgetting to change from sell to buy before hitting enter on the order
iv lost at least £600 but doing this

sounds noobish but ey it happens :D

Well, look on the bright side random; that's infinitely preferable to the stress that results from losing your shirt!
;)
Tim.

Actually can I amend my answer to the Elite Trader forum as the most challenging part of trading that has ever happened to me. I become terribly distressed and irate on any thread on said board. Never was there a greater collection of bedroom bound Walter Mitty characters. T2W is positively Utopian in comparison and we have our share of nutters, let's face it.

I will never forget that day I curiously clicked Politics & Religion... if you enjoy your politics slightly right of Pol Pot and your religion as batsh!t crazy as it gets, then enjoy!

1) buying with high spread rates without realizing (n)
2) forgetting to change from sell to buy before hitting enter on the order
iv lost at least £600 but doing this

sounds noobish but ey it happens :D

Wow, never thought 2) can be a problem :D

For me it’s trying to put aside the time during the day to keep an eye on the markets. I do get regular updates from my trader but it’s not the same as actually sitting down with a glass of wine (obviously this depends on the time of day!) and looking at it all for yourself. Then it’s the financial side, having the available funds to play with, it may well be a great time to buy a particular stock but if the funds aren’t there then you miss out, basically it would be helpful if I had a never ending pot of cash!! I just try and have fun with it, if you take it all too seriously then it becomes a bit of a bore, mind you it’s not like I trade for a living I just dabble from time to time, I can’t imagine how stressful and challenging it must be if you are making your living from it, on the plus side you can make loads of money from it and ‘work from home’ all of the time, lovely!

The greatest challenge is refusing to see an unregulated broker through the wrong eyes regulatory bodies borrow us.They are not necessarily FX vampires that suck their clients dry. The world since the introduction of internet into the technological arena has been squeezed into a small village. In a world that was miraculously created in a whole 7 days, one can gather information from its extremes within minutes electronically. Yet people are defrauded in the FX because they have LEAN (poorly informed) heads despite a barn of forex info in the internet they can easily eat from. They FALL prey in the FX because their heads are not STANDING (no FX knowledge).

Bloody hell, the world was created in 7 days?

Be prepared for the different type of spammer here, gentleman. It won't be long, until we'll see invitations to the Sunday ceremony at our local church :devilish:

But to be serious, the reality is - world was created 5 minutes ago, with all the memories, archaeological diggings and posts at this forum. So, yeah, god exists and who the hell are you to tell otherwise?:clover: Oh, and I love you all :love:

For me it’s trying to put aside the time during the day to keep an eye on the markets. I do get regular updates from my trader but it’s not the same as actually sitting down with a glass of wine (obviously this depends on the time of day!) and looking at it all for yourself. Then it’s the financial side, having the available funds to play with, it may well be a great time to buy a particular stock but if the funds aren’t there then you miss out, basically it would be helpful if I had a never ending pot of cash!! I just try and have fun with it, if you take it all too seriously then it becomes a bit of a bore, mind you it’s not like I trade for a living I just dabble from time to time, I can’t imagine how stressful and challenging it must be if you are making your living from it, on the plus side you can make loads of money from it and ‘work from home’ all of the time, lovely!

As I understand you are referring to stock trading? While we are more Forex centered forum here, but anyway thanks for the input.

Another challenge we face in the FX is taking responsibility for our weaknesses.How can one in poor managerial ECONOMICS make COSTLY mistakes when knowledge is so CHEAP? These days, there are even FX nurseries in the form of online FX demo games where good traders are groomed before transferring them to the main FX market. Yet because run into the FX with naked (bare of knowledge) head and when they get molested by indecent brokers they search for some NFA sympathy; advocating stricter regulation.

How come it is a challenge, that people are guided how to trade? Or did I misunderstand you?

I can tell that you're outraged, just as I am, that he hasn't said 6 days and acknowledged the Sabbath. How bloody annoying! He's got right on my religious tits with that :mad:

Last edited:
I can tell that you're outraged, just as I am, that he hasn't said 6 days and acknowledged the Sabbath. What a tool he is.

Actually, to be pedantic, the world was created in just one day.

He then spent a number of days adding the fish, and the foul, and the birds, etc.

The entire enterprise from "Let there be Light" to creating man took 6 days.
Then He rested. :cool: