We're working on an alternative to TradingView called ChartStar and we're looking for feedback

ChartStar

Hi guys,

I'm the CEO of https:///www.chartstar.com and we're soon starting our free beta launch of our realtime charting software.

We're pitching ourselves as an alternative to TradingView and some of our recent blog posts have been featured in places like Forbes, CoinDesk, YahooFinance and other news outlets.

I'm trying to reach out to serious traders and understand their requirements as we look to differentiate our software from our competitors.

1. One thing we're looking at from user feedback at is tick-based charting. This seems to be an in-demand feature that most web platforms are lacking in. Would it be sufficient to provide this data in real-time or would it be critical to have historical tick data for this to be useful? I guess I want to know the main context in which tick time interval charts are used for - in realtime or historically for back testing.

2. Tradingview offers a scripting language called PineScript as I'm sure many of you are aware of. We have started to roll our own charting language but after user feedback are wondering if we should consider the extra effort of allowing the user to simply use raw Javascript rather than PineScript. Would this feature entice you to try our platform?

Thank you for any help with these questions.