Warren Buffet suceeded , 95 % of traders fail

foroom lluzers

Veteren member
There is a lot to learn from Warren Buffett , Think how you can succed like him, how can you be in the 5% club of succesful traders .There are many traders who trade like Warren Buffet ,

Warren buffet buys and sells , and has the patience to hold and run his profits .Most traders don't have the patience to hold their positions and run their profits.

This physical gold trader is in the 5% club of winners.He has patienceto buy and hold and wait for profit.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/edu...0-succesful-trading-physical-gold-trader.html

You can't go wrong trading along this thinking

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/223440-edge-set-forget-indices-trading.html#post2900716

Search on google 95 % lose.I prefer independent research on google.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psy...ail-traders-lose-what-you-made-you-shark.html

There is a lot to learn from Warren Buffett , Think how you can succed like him, how can you be in the 5% club of succesful traders .There are many traders who trade like Warren Buffet . . .
Hi fl,
I agree that there's a lot to learn from Warren Buffett, although trading like him will likely prove to be problematic - not least because he isn't a trader. He's a value investor and, based on the limited amount I've read from him about traders - he takes a rather dim view of them . . .
"According the name 'investors' to institutions that trade actively is like calling someone who repeatedly engages in one night stands a romantic." and "For some reason people take their cues from price action rather than from values. Price is what you pay. Value is what you get."
Tim.

Hi fl,
"For some reason people take their cues from price action rather than from values. Price is what you pay. Value is what you get."[/I]
Tim.

Price action is current value ,it is not the future value , traders are buying current values , current values have lower probability of a profitable edge in the future.

Value combined with a sound future forecasting model , has a higher probability of a profitable outcome in the future.Value trading is trading probabilities .

Price action traders trade because they can not handle uncertainty of the future , human brains are designed /wired for trading failure , price action gives certainty in the current moment , but there is no profitable future edge in it ....this is "where the phrase " traders hate uncertainty come from.Our ancestral brains are designed for certainty , if we cross the road ,we want to be sure there is no sabre tooth tiger to run us over.

Buying the stock market dips is trading by buying the value .You can trade value in stock markets , by swing trading , the pullbacks.The human brain is wired to trade value i.e buy one get one free and be profitable.

95% of traders can be successful , equally 95% of educators , mentors and coaches can start teaching profitable trading , designed to make traders sucessful.

Everything is possible and this is the attitude and winning mentality of winners.

I admire WB and his success. He rightly saw the everlasting boom from the sixties and capitalized on it. Was he so good in the slump years ? Don't know the stats but he is still around big time so I guess he did OK.

Hi fl,
I agree that there's a lot to learn from Warren Buffett, although trading like him will likely prove to be problematic -[/I]
Tim.

I understand your problem , we all have this issue .We like to see the horses , as soon as you put your money on it , to start running fast from the shot .We want the excitement and emotional fullfilment of gambling.

we have to get a certain amount of pleasure and stimulation or rewards from our daily activities and what we put into our bodies. If we don't, then we create a pleasure deficit or what is known as "reward deficiency," and are subject to depression, anxiety and poor performance. Each day we have to stimulate our reward pathways adequately if we are to function well emotionally, mentally and physically.

Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting.Patience is necessary, and one cannot reap immediately where one has sown.search on google and youtube videos for Trading is a patience game

Succesful traders are patient ,they need to keep their mind occupied (while waiting for entries)with non-trading activities ,killing time is boring.We are not meant to be doing nothing , our phsyche will attack us for sitting and doing nothing.Forums contributions can stimulate our reward pathways adequately if we are to function well emotionally, mentally and physically.Just posting on forums is can stimulate reward pathways , I achieved something or I had my say.

Traders need to rewire their brains and to think like Warren Buffet.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psy...t/223388-rewire-brain-trading-perfection.html

Attachments

• stables.jpg
    stables.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Traders understand the importance of patience, it is one of the most difficult skills to learn as an trader.Successfultrader buys and sells , and has the patience to hold and run his profits .Most traders don't have the patience to hold their positions and run their profits.

Waiting for Your Entry Point ,Give the Position Time to Develop ,Knowing When to Sell a Position and having the patience to wait for the timing ,much of trading is psychological, making patience a great virtue . Exhibiting patience when entering a trade and having patience while a trade develops are integral parts to successful trading

the dude succeeded cos he watched a lot of psyhcology vids on u tube innit.

yeah , Warren Buffet knew traders are being shown the wrong paths in trading , that is why they fail or underperform, he showed the world the correct way!

For me to prove this point , I might have to post psychology videos from youtube , then it is advertising youtube videos here.

Traders understand the importance of patience, it is one of the most difficult skills to learn as an trader.

Successfultrader buys and sells , and has the patience to hold and run his profits .
Most traders don't have the patience to hold their positions and run their profits.

Patience can be a double-edged sword though...if you are adamant about your position, determined you are correct...you may hold onto a loser till it drops and drops significantly :clap: :cry:

Just some random food for thought;
Like everything in life...there's always a flip side to the coin,

"A Crucial Conversation – “It’s a Bull Market”

Listening to the (repeated daily) advice of an old stager in the offices of Fullerton, it suddenly dawned on him why he was making less profit than he should. Whatever question the old fellow – known to everyone as Turkey although his real name was Partridge – was asked about the market, he would reply, “well, it’s a bull market.”

At first Livermore thought this was a mere platitude. Hearing “It’s a Bull Market” daily, he began thinking about it more. Then, listening to a conversation between Turkey and Elmer Harwood – a young trader – he realized that it was more than a platitude – it was the missing piece in his own education."

https://jesse-livermore.com/the-complete-trader.html

"A Crucial Conversation – “It’s a Bull Market”

Listening to the (repeated daily) advice of an old stager in the offices of Fullerton, it suddenly dawned on him why he was making less profit than he should. Whatever question the old fellow – known to everyone as Turkey although his real name was Partridge – was asked about the market, he would reply, “well, it’s a bull market.”

At first Livermore thought this was a mere platitude. Hearing “It’s a Bull Market” daily, he began thinking about it more. Then, listening to a conversation between Turkey and Elmer Harwood – a young trader – he realized that it was more than a platitude – it was the missing piece in his own education."

https://jesse-livermore.com/the-complete-trader.html

This is your wall street protest?

Or you are trying to get clever likese monkeys?You know nothing about real trading except reading books?

Maybe there are some general guidelines to learn from Warren Buffett's approach? -

1. set strict and rational entry rules, then wait for the right opportunity

2. don't exit a winner just because its made x pips or y dollars

3. don't day-trade

4. in an uptrend, be long.

Maybe there are some general guidelines to learn from Warren Buffett's approach? -

1. set strict and rational entry rules, then wait for the right opportunity

2. don't exit a winner just because its made x pips or y dollars

3. don't day-trade

4. in an uptrend, be long.

We want to pay for weekly bills every day , we must make money x dollars every week ,we want excitement everyday (it is boring sitting doing nothing) .Good trading is exciting and is like going to the races.This frame of mind has a lot of beliefs about profit ,they conflict with profitable trading.

You do not trade the markets. You can only trade your beliefs about the markets.—Van K. Tharp

Buffett's ideas are more suited to the wealthy who have enough to wait out the bad patches.