Videos of MetaTrader Manager, Administrator, virtual dealer and other plugins/setting

pboyles

Legendary member
8,072 1,301
Repost, since the thread got onto the new page. I hope admins will allow me to edit my initial post in order to place everything in one spot.
ECN

In your experience are these sort of tools applied to change charts on an individual basis or to change the charts for all users? Can you explain how they would use this particular tool to scam a client?

brewski1984

2,070 355
Do you reckon that explains why I no longer have that gkfx spike from last week on my charts but pocrel can't get rid of it?

wackypete2

Legendary member
10,229 2,051
ECN

In your experience are these sort of tools applied to change charts on an individual basis or to change the charts for all users? Can you explain how they would use this particular tool to scam a client?
Any individual metatrader user can change their own chart using the same method. Most charting platforms will let you do that in order to fix a stray bad quote. I'd guess the video is meant to show the broker can change how the chart is shown to all users.

Peter

wackypete2

Legendary member
10,229 2,051
Although this information isn't new actually seeing it in action is amazing really.
Good stuff (y)

Peter

pboyles

Legendary member
8,072 1,301
Any individual metatrader user can change their own chart using the same method. Most charting platforms will let you do that in order to fix a stray bad quote. I'd guess the video is meant to show the broker can change how the chart is shown to all users.

Peter
If only medbs and wallstreet1928 had known that. They could have made 1000 ticks a day and had the charts to prove it.

Reactions: G.O.A.T

gdr3k

31 0
I think ECNJESUS should name and shame the broker he worked for which employs these scamming tactics, incase any of us good folk on here are unfortunate enough to be using them.

MoonRocket

328 31
conclusion :

dont use SL ´s ..and all is fine ... lol
but get out on a mental SL .. depending on the PA ..

cheers
I did that a lot and would still prefer to do it.
The trouble is...., in short term trades you need them, because what happens if your computer goes down?

PrymeTyme

8 0
Your conclusion is flawed. You certainly missed a lot.

Peter

well .. the post was actually reffering to the stop hunting ramblings....

sure u need a SL i set a disaster SL .. but my real SL is mental .. and it depends on the price action and how price approaches my MSL ... in order to pull the trigger or not...

@moonrocket

always have a backup device running .. (laptop,smartphone,etc..)
or direct line to your broker :cool:

cheers

pboyles

Legendary member
8,072 1,301

82nd

4 0
I think ECNJESUS should name and shame the broker he worked for which employs these scamming tactics, incase any of us good folk on here are unfortunate enough to be using them.
Amen, brother! Its of limited use unless traders know which CURRENT brokers have been suspected of using this BS. Who wants to find out by losing money that their broker is ripping them off? How many horror stories have we read about lack of problems on demo and micro accounts, but once the trader starts making real money, the problems magnify.

82nd

4 0
I did that a lot and would still prefer to do it.
The trouble is...., in short term trades you need them, because what happens if your computer goes down?
If you are trading anything other than a micro account, you should have a 2nd computer with another MT4 live account installed. It also wouldn't hurt to have a 2nd broker to hedge against the 1st one. I'm not implying regular use of hedging.