Best Thread US day traders thread.

Tradestation have very kindly asked me to join a workshop they are holding on Nov 4th in London. I'll take that trade and analyse everything about it on that day. I think the day is £79, just enough to cover expenses. Details in my blog.

Just back from a quick break and looking forward to the Tradestation training day on Weds with Stan from the US.

Tradestation is arguably the best charting package for US day traders and Stan is the guy who knows it more than anyone. I look forward to hearing him speak on Weds in London and chatting with all the US day traders I know who are booked in already.

I'm now back writing my blog.

welcome back Naz :D

do a tour around here.... too far and expensive for me to come to London :D

btw regarding the "trading room" I signed at the wrong time..... I couldn't assist (except for few min)... better lucky next time

Hi Ciao

I 'd love to come to your part of the world. Perhaps in the future.

I'm looking forward to the Tradestation workshop today, when Stan has done his part I'll be showing how I use my proprietry trading tools that give me lots of the moves I go for.

I'll show how the market fakes out people time after time now days and how these tools call the moves correctly against normal crowd opinion. Of course I'll be showing my account so you can see how I traded these moves.

Hi,
I am a new member here and looking for good advice for making some money day trading US stocks. Is there any thread where I can get some advice that will help me to make some money?
Cheers

Try reading some of my threads. I've been posting here since 2001 and trading US stocks for a living since 1999.
Start with the thread link below my signature.
Hope that helps,
Richard

Try reading some of my threads. I've been posting here since 2001 and trading US stocks for a living since 1999.
Start with the thread link below my signature.
Hope that helps,
Richard
Hi Richard,
I want to learn how to day trade US stocks as I know some friends that have made some good money. Can you give me some good advice on what to do so that I can make some money like my friends?
Cheers

Hi Richard,
I want to learn how to day trade US stocks as I know some friends that have made some good money. Can you give me some good advice on what to do so that I can make some money like my friends?
Cheers

Hi cactdo,
Welcome to T2W!
I have some really bad news for you. No one on T2W or elsewhere is going to spoon feed you for free so that come what may you'll 'make good money like your friends'. Richard has already suggested that you read his threads and has provided links at the foot of his post enabling you to do just that. Have you read them? Also, have you read the Essential OF First Steps Sticky since you joined T2W? It's written specifically with new members like you in mind. If you're hoping for short cuts to financial success in the markets without putting in hefty amounts of spade work - then you're likely to be disappointed. Very disappointed. I suggest you read both threads and, once you've digested the content of each, by all means ask questions - and I'm sure Richard and others will be happy to help. But first, I'm afraid you're gonna have to pull your finger out. If that's not something you're able or willing to do - then I can do you a huge favour and save you a lot of angst by telling you that, almost certainly, trading isn't for you.
;)
Tim.

Last edited:
Shame the thread died. I've gleaned a few good pointers from it. Any chances it will start back up again?

Naz?

Mr C?

Anyone?

Yesterday is a crazy day. Three shares were halted RINO, DNDN, NTAP.
RINO was halted just few minutes after i closed position.
NTAP was halted just after i open a long position. God belss, i got out with a profit in the post market after it resume trade.
When SVNT was halted a month ago, i was bad luck, lost lots of money.
Anyone was in the same boat yesterday?
Anyone got ideas how to avoid the stock halt?
Naz, Mr Chart, Dvdh, Pitbull ?

Shame the thread died. I've gleaned a few good pointers from it. Any chances it will start back up again?

Naz?

Mr C?

Anyone?

I think the thing is we are to busy day trading the US market to post. I tend to post things in my own personal web site blog as I go.

The interesting thing is lots of us are still day trading the US markets after all these years. Its 12 years full time for me now and nearly ten years since I first started posting about the US markets on T2W.

Along the way we all met up a few times in London for a meal and drinks, it was good to see so many faces from this thread. I expect we have all adapted our styles over the years but many of us are still out there day trading the US every day. I think that fact speaks for itself in how good the US market is for intra day traders.

We are still there, we are still doing it we just dont need to shout about it very much.

Reassuring for someone just starting out that there is still a chance!

I think we all find what works for each of us.

We know the US market is very important and gives great intra day moves,
The direct access trading platforms are exceptional. But even if you dont have one of them then its easy enough to spread bet it.

Then you have to pick your own style. That probably is based on your personality and life style and type of account you have.

Along the way you have to hone that style and pick up ideas to enhance it.
Everyone has an opinion and although their opinion might be valid for them it might not fit in quite right for you.

I trade a number of styles and switch between them depending on what is occuring that day. My favourite is playing momentum moves and there are plenty on the US market. One decent move and I can make a day or weeks money.

Thats just me. Sometimes I go scalping, thats what I was trained as. I know guys that are exceptional at it but I find it a little boring. Still when needs must I'll get down and do it.

What ever style I'm playing all I'm doing is trying to build up my account.

I've been an online US day trading moderator for the last five years and at the moment I'm taking a break and trading alone at my screens. So now I post some of my trades in the blog on my web site and generally chat about whats going on and how I see things.

Yesterday I told the guys to focus on the gap down open and showed the moves I played from that situation. Then I answered their e mails.

At this very moment I'm day trading the currencies, although I enjoy doing that nothing beats day trading the US market, its where the action is.

Stick with it, a lot of us still find it so interesting. 12 years of it and it still enthralls me.

Good luck

Alan Rich