The Twitter IPO stock chat discussion thread

I like how TWTR consolidated these past 30 minutes.

Considering it's under $40 I think it will accumulate a bit and then move up early this week.

IT should churn its' way down around $35 within the mod-term IMO but as for this week I think scooping up some under $40 to sell around $41-$43 would be a decent idea. As a matter of fact the chart looks like it's scooping up as we speak, buying now could prove an easy $.50-$1.50 gain before the market closes today.

I've got a feeling day-traders are going to ramp this one up beginning before power hour.

Although it looks like I may have been not been conservative enough with my upside expectations.

Volume has been very light.

Dissappointing action on TWTR.

I'm digging the price action on TWTR I think that the price is about to get released for the bulls to take advantage of.

Would have been nice if it moved up mid-day closing above $40 would have given bulls some playroom and traders a signal to buy.

Guess TWTR has different plans...

I should really be the main operator here. I would do a better job. The price kept so tight the volume got pitiful for entire stretches of time. For such a notorious ticker less than $1M in volume for a minute is hardly anything.

I don't understand why they wouldn't give the bulls more play room this week. Maybe they're keeping the price tight cause they're loading for the next week or 2. The market cap is pretty small so I don't see much reason to let it depress less than 13 trading days after its' ipo. We had minutes with less than $300,000 in volume traded. There's incentives to let the bulls play so I don't see why the price should be constricted. The market cap is already adequate so loading huge positions here to sell above or around $50 just seems crazy to me.

When I get my trillion dollars I'm gonna whip the markets into shape.

Last edited:
How does Twitter make money?

FB way over priced but they can mine data and sell. Worth $15 imo.

However, I'm schtomped about this Twitter business :rolleyes:

My social groups are into WhatsApp and Viber which I have signed up to.

fwiw I think all this larky is not serious investment but pure gambling with lots of money imho.

How on earth anyone can value these companies is a big load of tosh... Microsoft as great as it is/was - has managed 30 years to remain at the top of their game and now failing somewhat. So when some trivial comps like FB and TWTR are valued at 125+ years earnings I simply have to reach for the bucket.

Beware of hype!

Last edited:
Right on

How does Twitter make money?

FB way over priced but they can mine data and sell. Worth $15 imo.

However, I'm schtomped about this Twitter business :rolleyes:

My social groups are into WhatsApp and Viber which I have signed up to.

fwiw I think all this larky is not serious investment but pure gambling with lots of money imho.

How on earth anyone can value these companies is a big load of tosh... Microsoft as great as it is/was - has managed 30 years to remain at the top of their game and now failing somewhat. So when some trivial comps like FB and TWTR are valued at 125+ years earnings I simply have to reach for the bucket.

Beware of hype!

I look at it as more of a relatively low-risk cash haven. There's so much money, it has to be put somewhere. Twitter isn't going anywhere and I think it's going to remain a staple of the internet for a very long time. I can't say the same for Facebook. So IMO earnings will have nothing to do with the valuation of this for many years. It's a powerful company regardless of the earnings. People want to own this, so the price will not fall very much IMO. I expect it will trade between $30-$45 unless the market turns drastically bearish. Then it could drop into the low $20's but I don't imagine it would fall lower than that. That makes TWTR a relatively safe investment for the very long-term in my eyes.

Today we had a bit of a stronger opening and we've seen some large buys. The volume seems to be gaining momentum as the bulls have been given a bit of room to play so far today. TWTR is a fantastic trading vehicle so I imagine it would be wise for the price to loosen up so that traders grow increasingly comfortable trading here.

I think we could have upside up to $42 this week.

Last edited:
TWTR opened strong

I think we could have upside up to $42 this week.

Slight gap and a bounce from there, it's still holding up pretty strongly.

Might see a bit more green tomorrow morning. This thing is a perfect trading vehicle. Everyone biased to FB should switch their bias over to TWTR IMO.

Slight gap and a bounce from there, it's still holding up pretty strongly.

Might see a bit more green tomorrow morning. This thing is a perfect trading vehicle. Everyone biased to FB should switch their bias over to TWTR IMO.

Both TWTR and FB are only one way bets for me. (n)

Like wagons on a gravy train. :cool:

Beware of hype... :whistling

Understood

Both TWTR and FB are only one way bets for me. (n)

Like wagons on a gravy train. :cool:

Beware of hype... :whistling

Like I said before I look at them as trading vehicles. FB is not so good but TWTR is great. In my eyes at least.

I like where TWTR is at

Investors jacked the price up, it opened on the public market a few weeks for double what was expected go for and has been churning down smoothly ever since.

Gap up 2 days in a row, maybe $43+ is planned for us through this week. If the atmosphere in the stock is conducive to bulls day-trading $43 shouldn't be too high of a mark.

the $TWTR lock up will expire in June. At that time we will be able to see if the insiders (mainly VCs) have bailed or if they are holding firm. After the lock up could be a good time to look at $TWTR again

Gap up 2 days in a row, maybe $43+ is planned for us through this week. If the atmosphere in the stock is conducive to bulls day-trading $43 shouldn't be too high of a mark.

Top call Mr Crabs,

(y)

Huge 5% gain day for TWTR

Huge 5% gain day for TWTR, I knew this thing was good for a bounce this week. TWTR basically the ultimate trading vehicle.

It's going contra the NASDAQ so the possibilities suggest a pump (to be followed by the dump) by institutional investors who paid over the odds for a stock that could never deliver and want to get their investment back (plus some) before letting go.

I've been trying to 2nd guess tops & bottoms for the last couple of weeks and I'm much fatigued with the futility of it all.

I've been trying to 2nd guess tops & bottoms for the last couple of weeks and I'm much fatigued with the futility of it all.

Trying to short TWTR at 57.20s and got message No Shorting Allowed.

Who is able to sell/short this beast?