TS2000i on Windows Vista - Data Import - Help Required Urgently !!

manichauhan

Hi,

I get the following error message when I try to import a GlobalServer format data file into GlobalServer :

"A sharing violation occurred accessing an unnamed file"

After specifying the file, symbols and time frames, the GS import utility starts the import and appears to be progressing, but then fails with the above message. GS then freezes and has to be shutdown using Windows Taks Manager to be restarted successfully again.

TS2000i on Vista has worked fine for me for the past 18 months, but a couple days ago, the machine crashed while my little daughter was playing an internet game on it. Since then I have reinstalled TS2000i twice. All functions of TS2000i apart from the 'IMPORT DATA' are working fine.

I have never come across this error before and have no idea where to start looking for a solution. The problem appears to be with VISTA (have not reinstalled entire machine yet) e.g perhaps a locked temp file, or something like that, but I do not know enough about the GlobalServer IMPORT utility to identify which file or what the problem could be.

I will be most grateful for any assistance anyone can provide.

Kind Regards,

Many Thanks.

Apply to join the Technical Trader private forum as there is information on there concerning this.

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the quick response.

Not sure how to subscribe to the Technical Trader Private Forum (sorry !! I am a newbie). Could you please point me in the right direction ?

Thanks,

Mani

Hi Paul,

Thanks for letting me join the group.

I have had a quick look through the threads but could not see any thing obvious that relates to the problem I am experiencing. Any chance you could direct me to the relevant thread ?

Thanks,

Mani

I am not sure where it was discussed but you could try a search in the forum. I know there was discussion a while ago about TS2Ki with Vista and Windows 7 but I was not involved in it myself.

Paul

Thanks Paul,

I'll have a closer look. Do you know enough about the import process to possibly identify where the sharing violation is occurring ?? All I know about the process is that GS indexes the data. Not much more than that !!...

Mani

Nope...couldn't find any information in the technical traders private forum. If anyone has any clues, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Mani