Trend Direction Question for a newb, Please Help

Look at the red line I've drawn, I think it defines the trend pretty well. Whist the price is above it and finds support on it, this up trend is intact. Notice however the the price ducks through it on the right. At this point I'd say the trend was broken. This can herald many scenarios, but one of them could be a new down trend. In summary, research and practice drawing trend lines to help you understand the structure of the market.

Thank You!

That does not mean your team is not trying to promote trend trading in hindsight.All your team members have been asked to prove with live calls in advance "that trend trading works!You all start becoming evasive , defensive and aggressive , you want new traders to lose their money trying to catch trends?
All you hindsight trend traders are asked to show a journal of live advance calls on trends set ups , but none of you can or want to do it.

I neither have a 'team' nor am I a trend trader. Im not defensive or aggressive. But best thing is:-

Im not a liar like you am I :D

Anyways, the OP knows now dont they ;)

Last edited:
I neither have a 'team' nor am I a trend trader. Im not defensive or aggressive. But best thing is:-

Im not liar like you am I :D

Anyways, the OP knows now dont they ;)

Isn't it dumb , you have nice trend set up on dax , and you don't trade trends?You should buy a trend trading course and learn trend trading.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 219
Isn't it dumb , you have nice trend set up on dax , and you don't trade trends?You should buy a trend trading course and learn trend trading.

That's because they already know the moment they put in a trade, the trend will change on them, and they don't know why.

Hello All,

I am new to trading and had a question on determining the trend to trade with., I attached a picture and as you can see it looks like there was a trend up for a while and then looked to turn down. The OVERALL trend still looks up to me but when we place trades would we go with the longer looking up trend or more current down trend?

Thanks in Advance
-CP

You can measure trend in all sorts of ways. Trendlines / channels / swing high - lows / MAs / HA candles / bar breaks - counts yada yada yada, the list is endless! There is no one correct to measure trend.

If you want to make any real money in this game without being too risky, you have to at least in some part fade 'a' trend, you have to seek value in some way. This means giving up the psychological comfort of price confirmation for value. You need to be getting involved in these areas being respectful of risk.

6099-darktone-albums-general-8-picture4900-trend.jpg

Theres all sorts of ways you can do that, theres the good the bad and the fugly. It doesnt really matter how you do it, but the more exposure you can secure at favourable prices, the bigger your window for profit will be. It can be done ;)

6099-darktone-albums-general-8-picture4902-buy-sell.jpg

-------------------------

One other tip. Dont pay too much attention to Enlightened foroom bellends ;)

You two, fl and ej, have fouled T2W like sh*it on a blanket and what you have to say has as much value as a bucketload of the stinking stuff. I dare say you're real proud of yourselves.

Not sure why are you getting all excited. Would you like to demonstrate for the curve fitters ? No one else dares.

Not sure why are you getting all excited. Would you like to demonstrate for the curve fitters ? No one else dares.

You mean curve fitters like those in Market Wizards who are recognised as some of the most successful and best traders in the world? Nor can I see any of them holding open ended shorts for the sake of a tiny bit of overnight carry either.

You mean curve fitters like those in Market Wizards who are recognised as some of the most successful and best traders in the world? Nor can I see any of them holding open ended shorts for the sake of a tiny bit of overnight carry either.

Would any of those people you mentioned cares to come here to demonstrate how it's done ? If not then that leaves just you. I know of no other curve fitter brave enough.

You obviously don't read that book. That author always tries to convince people there is no single way. If you don't like my way, let's see what you have got.

Last edited:
You two, fl and ej, have fouled T2W like sh*it on a blanket and what you have to say has as much value as a bucketload of the stinking stuff. I dare say you're real proud of yourselves.

The trading industry tries to hide the losses of Mr trend Trader Richard Dennis . in today's terms they amount to almost $600m. He even failed to follow his own rules and had to be sued.

We can debate this as long as you like , but please talk about hiding losses of your gurus first.

You can measure trend in all sorts of ways. Trendlines / channels / swing high - lows / MAs / HA candles / bar breaks - counts yada yada yada, the list is endless! There is no one correct to measure trend.

If you want to make any real money in this game without being too risky, you have to at least in some part fade 'a' trend, you have to seek value in some way. This means giving up the psychological comfort of price confirmation for value. You need to be getting involved in these areas being respectful of risk.

6099-darktone-albums-general-8-picture4900-trend.jpg

Theres all sorts of ways you can do that, theres the good the bad and the fugly. It doesnt really matter how you do it, but the more exposure you can secure at favourable prices, the bigger your window for profit will be. It can be done ;)

6099-darktone-albums-general-8-picture4902-buy-sell.jpg

-------------------------

One other tip. Dont pay too much attention to Enlightened foroom bellends ;)

Thank you very much!

The trend lines are inherently subjective ,depending on looking at them in hindsight or ahead of the move.Depending on time frames ,support /resistance and context , It’s almost impossible to know exactly how to draw a trend line, if we’re being honest.

Try drawing it on several tick chart time frames , then on 1 m ,5 m and 15 min and then try other combinations like 1 m 30 m and 4 hours or other time frames.

There is no correct method .Does trend trading make money ?

There is no correct method .Does trend trading make money ?

Curve fitters will confirm trends make consistent demo money going back 30 years of historical data. Therefore they are absolutely confident in making more demo money going forward. That, or barjon will eat his hat.

Curve fitters will confirm trends make consistent demo money going back 30 years of historical data. Therefore they are absolutely confident in making more demo money going forward. That, or barjon will eat his hat.

Barjon can't even give a quality discussion on why trends are easy to trade .He can't even argue , about the equivalent $600 m losses ,of his trend Guru Richard Dennis.

Get your blinkers off , most intelligent traders will say the same.I trade in the market everyday , so I am not blind.Sometimes I TRADE TRENDS .

All the amateurs are taught and brainwashed with trend , trend and trend , until they get chopped out and lose money.

The professional talk about chop chop chop i.e trend failures.When we expose the fallacy or difficulty of actually making money from trend trading , we are the villains.

Attachments

• barjogn   tt.jpg
    barjogn tt.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 197

HINDSIGHT RESULTS TRADERS will confirm trends make consistent demo money going back 30 years of historical data. Therefore they are absolutely confident in making more demo money going forward. Then they lose and face "the enemy within".The have since changed their professions to trend gurus