Trading with point and figure

Screenshot_52.png

Always tighten the stop...never close......or rarely
If you get stopped out for decent pips..so be it
yu can always reenter
....and I'm back in the room. And on hearing the trigger word I will believe I'm a chicken...but wait! I already am so perhaps this means that I will no longer believe???? More germanely (without the "e" as you trade the Dax) I just left my stop on the Cac at +1 and amazingly that didn't get triggered. According to my reckoning it it hit 4867 and what with my broker being a crook and the spread being .8 it's a miracle. Anyway we're now heading north again with Watford signed up and There Be Dragons beyond.

Stop would have been 1 box below yellow..You were not stopped out on that spike

View attachment 282686
CAC_200629_11h00_2x3.png

Absolutely right....but I'd left my initial fixed stop in on the basis that it's Monday and it'll take a while for folks to decide which way to panic for the new week and really thought that 4950 was the problem rather than 25....but yes, I have now belatedly altered the fixed to a trail, and , guess what, almost instantly came close to being stopped out on that last lurch down to 4900 odd....at least I'm a few pips more in the green. Chart 2x3:

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely right....but I'd left my initial fixed stop in on the basis that it's Monday and it'll take a while for folks to decide which way to panic for the new week and really thought that 4950 was the problem rather than 25....but yes, I have now belatedly altered the fixed to a trail, and , guess what, almost instantly came close to being stopped out on that last lurch down to 4900 odd....at least I'm a few pips more in the green.

Didn't get my 4950 (turned round at 4943 odd) and have just been stopped out at 4915 on the way back down, so +50 in what seems like hours (actually, it was) instead of 100+ in more or less the same period. The perils of part-timery....

Didn't get my 4950 (turned round at 4943 odd) and have just been stopped out at 4915 on the way back down, so +50 in what seems like hours (actually, it was) instead of 100+ in more or less the same period. The perils of part-timery....
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Mornin' all,

Currently short Cac x 1 from 4960 - chart soonish. Indices seem shaky to me and the macro equally so.....

Gratings Sieur Dentiste,

I'm even slower than usual this a.m. Ta for yr charts which sort of reflect my thinking. I'm looking at the 4940 area on Cac (50 to 70 on the Dax) as being a pivot... and a sell imho. TPs are 4900 and praps 4875. The 25s are again fairly clear and maybe I'll trade them better than yesterday. I noted late in the day that my 50 was taken out ....hence today's short.

I have a fixed stop at +1 and will try scaling in if I don't get distracted by other stuff....life and all that.
CAC_200630_10h50_3x4.png

...and another one showing that my original thesis is doing me out of a decent wodge....again. Still, it may come right and if not I'll still have my one pip😁
Chart is 2x3 this time:
CAC_200630_11h05_2x3.png

...and another one showing that my original thesis is doing me out of a decent wodge....again. Still, it may come right and if not I'll still have my one pip😁
...and stopped out at 59 +1 ....looking to get in again slightly better. Maybe be a hard TP in this time. H1 atr around 30 odd so I might just look at that 4920 area as a reasonable punt.