Trading Courses In Manchester?

Thanks for your comments fellas, they do a free workshop so going to go and have a look at what the score is next week, from what ive read in other posts etc there are some good companies and bad ones - like anything i guess.

Really want to learn about this so gotta start somewhere

dont take any credit cards.......high pressure sell alert ;)

ok cancel that......no pressure sell alert.....just as bad ! :p

Trendsignal started like this ....."Traders who Trade and dont need to teach at all"

Blah blah ...

No pressure sell alert??

Ive been in sales for a long time and built a fairly large retail and b2b sales business up, i dont know too much about trading but i do understand sales!

Maybe you guys are right and there is not an honourable company that provides education for people wanting to learn how to trade for a reasonable fee, ive read all the posts about scams and companies adding on sales etc etc I went to a property seminar a few years ago where the people were banging on about their bentleys bla bla and yes it is obvious, all im sayin is that i couldnt see any evidence of this here

Where should a newbie start then???

No pressure sell alert??

Ive been in sales for a long time and built a fairly large retail and b2b sales business up, i dont know too much about trading but i do understand sales!

Maybe you guys are right and there is not an honourable company that provides education for people wanting to learn how to trade for a reasonable fee, ive read all the posts about scams and companies adding on sales etc etc I went to a property seminar a few years ago where the people were banging on about their bentleys bla bla and yes it is obvious, all im sayin is that i couldnt see any evidence of this here

Where should a newbie start then???

re:" people were banging on about their bentleys bla bla and yes it is obvious, all im sayin is that i couldnt see any evidence of this here "
In a weird sort of way, I would be more concerned that there weren't any flash cars where you went!

re: "Where should a newbie start then???"
Without sounding all Yoda and Zen and all,......

Yourself you start with.

Hi All

Im new to all this but firmly believe from what ive read up online that it is possible to learn how to trade. I found this company wizard capital management based in Manchester anyone been on there course or know anything about them?

Thanks for your help!

The course is run by a former fighting pilot who will regale you with anorak type stories about the battle of britain and other brilliant airplane feats of derring do, then he will promise you that you can make 1m per year in just 10 mins a day and how he has trained and mentored all the great traders in er Manchester? No matter. He will show you videos of last weeks trading opportunities which you could have taken, and also some inspirational feats to make you feel how brilliant you can become. Then you and the other 500 can give your money to his broker who will give you share "tips" every day just so long as it takes to blow your account up.

THIS COURSE ROCKS
:LOL::LOL:

well to be fair i didnt ask to go down to the car park and see what cars they were driving!

Thats a very good point, i shall myself start with

well to be fair i didnt ask to go down to the car park and see what cars they were driving!

Thats a very good point, i shall myself start with

I hope I didn't come across sarcastic, but would-be traders seem to think it's all about the snazzy charts, red braces and flashing computer screens.

You need to establish:

How much do you have to put aside to trade: this determines what types of trading are available to you.

What are your tolerances to risk? Very difficult to assess.
Key thing here: be truthful to yourself, dont swagger around with macho "Yeah, I love risk.", when in truth running a loss would keep you awake at night.

How patient are you? Do you need immediate confirmation of your trades, or do you have patience to watch a trade develop? This determines whether you should trade longer-term or intra-day.

Whats your tolerance to losses? Do you need a high hit-rate, or do you have the nerve to hold onto a system after several consecutive losses?

Trading is about finding the best fit for YOU.
(you see! so much to think about, and no mention of charts, EA-robots or software)

Have u been there too?

I was told the exact opposite of that, its not easy, you will not make a million pounds, no ispirational feats, no quick fix to wealth, just this is the information you can follow it or not..

I have to say some of the people on these forums are the most negative i have seen, i came here looking for a bit of advice and 90% has been unhelpful, i know what it takes to achieve things in life and it certainly isnt by asking other peoples advice!

I have to thank Trendie for the best peice of advice i have had yet "yourself you start with" so i am going to start by taking myself away from the negativity in these forums

Kind thanks to those of you who posted helpful comments.

No i got what u meant completely thanks! And thnks for this info - shame everyones not as helpful.
i dont like all the negative things some people say on here its not making me feel good about starting to learn to trade, im already filled with doubts.

i dont like all the negative things some people say on here its not making me feel good about starting to learn to trade, im already filled with doubts.

This particular game is unlike anything I ever encountered before, its ridiculously easy, but at the same time, its almost impossible.

A lot of this has to do with how you think, and again, there's no right or wrong way because one set of beliefs will work under certain circumstances, but hinder you at other times.

If I had an exact clone of myself I could probably teach them to trade my method, but anyone else would probably want and need to modify things to suit their own preferences. Its easy to think that you'll do anything as long as it makes money, but its far from that easy.

Reading forums will be extremely damaging to your development, its the worst thing you can possibly do at this stage. There are a few reaons for that:

a) most people here dont have a clue, and are not worth taking advice from

b) most people here are losers, and you really dont want to be associating with losers. Its likely that you wont be making money for a few years, and that you'll struggle to understand why. If you are in an environment where everyone is in the same boat, you run the risk of starting to believe that its not possible to make a profit. These feelings may be compounded by reading never ending stream of revelations regarding other peoples failures, dishonest vendors, and downright scams.

c) the minority who do know the score, know that experience isnt transferrable, and they understand that only you can gain that experience. They also understand that this is a journey that needs to be taken alone.

d) The most damaging aspect of forums is that unless you are very careful, you run a very real risk of developing unrealistic expectations in respect of returns, distribution of returns, win rates etc, and at that point you'll be completely screwed.

Its probably not what you wanted to hear, but its somewhere near the truth. You shouldnt be discouraged, give it a go, there's nothing to lose.

This particular game is unlike anything I ever encountered before, its ridiculously easy, but at the same time, its almost impossible.

A lot of this has to do with how you think, and again, there's no right or wrong way because one set of beliefs will work under certain circumstances, but hinder you at other times.

If I had an exact clone of myself I could probably teach them to trade my method, but anyone else would probably want and need to modify things to suit their own preferences. Its easy to think that you'll do anything as long as it makes money, but its far from that easy.

Reading forums will be extremely damaging to your development, its the worst thing you can possibly do at this stage. There are a few reaons for that:

b) most people here are losers, and you really dont want to be associating with losers. Its likely that you wont be making money for a few years, and that you'll struggle to understand why. If you are in an environment where everyone is in the same boat, you run the risk of starting to believe that its not possible to make a profit. These feelings may be compounded by reading never ending stream of revelations regarding other peoples failures, dishonest vendors, and downright scams.

c) the minority who do know the score, know that experience isnt transferrable, and they understand that only you can gain that experience. They also understand that this is a journey that needs to be taken alone.

d) The most damaging aspect of forums is that unless you are very careful, you run a very real risk of developing unrealistic expectations in respect of returns, distribution of returns, win rates etc, and at that point you'll be completely screwed.

Its probably not what you wanted to hear, but its somewhere near the truth.
You shouldnt be discouraged, give it a go, there's nothing to lose.

Exceptional post - highlighted the best bits (in my opinion).

An exceptional post i agree, many thanks to The Hare for providing some good honest advice that actually is worth listening too!

Its probably not what you wanted to hear, but its somewhere near the truth. You shouldnt be discouraged, give it a go, there's nothing to lose.

Fantastic post. I thought that this forum was the descent into lulz and childish banter to annoy the morderators. Thats the fun side of it anyway. Think of all these meetups, do people go to them to discuss the Crude to Lean hogs ratio, or do they go there to shove it down their necks and eye up the 40someting Sheilas. Just a few thoughts.