Tradestation 2000i and Windows 7 installation

Pkbelles

Installed Tradestation 2000i on Windows 7 Home (64-bit) and incurred 2 problems:-
1. Indicators did not load
2. Error message noting - "I/O error: Cannot open master file"

Would really appreciate any solutions and guidance to this problem.

SOLUTION FOUND :clap:

Use windows compatibility service pack 2

Last edited:
Bonjour PKBELLES,

I have exactly the same problem except the fact i am working with Windows 7 professional.
And i don't understand the answer you had and what you did to remove that problem.

Can you explain me ?
Thanks a lot.
Cordialement,
Enez (Paris)

Have you solved the problem? If not, just PM me and I'll walk you through.
Désolé, ma réponse en retard.

Bonjour,
I did not solve it.
Ans I did not find any solution on the forum.
For the time being I use an older mobile PC which is running with XP Pro !
Parlez-vous français ?
Cordialement,
Enez

Hi all,
I am trying to install 2000i under Windows 7 home premium 64 bit but unsuccessful completing the installation. Always getting the error message:"unable to detect a config.nt file"
Does someone know how to fix that?
Thx

Hi all,
I am trying to install 2000i under Windows 7 home premium 64 bit but unsuccessful completing the installation. Always getting the error message:"unable to detect a config.nt file"
Thx

hi guys... for enez: i can help u to fix the problem with the compatibility after u have finished install:
go to C:\Program Files (x86)/omega research --> properties --> security --> modify and there enable ALL USERS(SYSTEM, ADMINISTRATOR,USER ETC) to have full right access to all options(put the ok flag) EXCEPT for CREATOR OWNER .

as for the problem u have, i did the install many times and it took it(it was the fifth time if i'm not wrong). if u fix it from somewhere else please let u know about :) . bye

hi guys... for enez: i can help u to fix the problem with the compatibility after u have finished install:
go to C:\Program Files (x86)/omega research --> properties --> security --> modify and there enable ALL USERS(SYSTEM, ADMINISTRATOR,USER ETC) to have full right access to all options(put the ok flag) EXCEPT for CREATOR OWNER .

as for the problem u have, i did the install many times and it took it(it was the fifth time if i'm not wrong). if u fix it from somewhere else please let u know about :) . bye

Hi Iron,
Thanks for your reply. Do you mean that you got the same error message several times until it finally went through?
I'll try.
Regards

Hi Iron,
Thanks for your reply.
I am not sure I installed 2000i as I should because I find
c:\Program Files (x86)/omega research/ but then there is no /properties/security
The only files I find in Omega Research are
Bifuncs, Custom Symbol list, Data Refresh, EXPORT, Group, Internet, MyWork, News, Progral, Server, Templates, Universe.
Not "Property"
There is probably something I missed !
Cordialement
>Enez

Hi Iron,
Thanks for your reply.
I am not sure I installed 2000i as I should because I find
c:\Program Files (x86)/omega research/ but then there is no /properties/security
The only files I find in Omega Research are
Bifuncs, Custom Symbol list, Data Refresh, EXPORT, Group, Internet, MyWork, News, Progral, Server, Templates, Universe.
Not "Property"
There is probably something I missed !
Cordialement
>Enez

ahahah this is cute :))). properties = right click on the folder omega research , and then go to the task security,which is the third one if i'm not wrong :innocent:

also, u'll have to do as it follow: Right click on the exe file:C:\Program Files\Omega Research\Program\ORTrade.exe
Select Properties
then go to the tab that says Compatibility
Try adjusting the options to Windows 7 (or vista or xp)... it should definitively work if u do the 2 things

Hi all,
Thx

Hi Iron,
Thanks for your reply. Do you mean that you got the same error message several times until it finally went through?
I'll try.
Regards

I tried several times to install but keep getting the same error message over and over. If anyone has an idea, that would be just great.
Thanks

ahahah this is cute :))). properties = right click on the folder omega research , and then go to the task security,which is the third one if i'm not wrong :innocent:

also, u'll have to do as it follow: Right click on the exe file:C:\Program Files\Omega Research\Program\ORTrade.exe
Select Properties
then go to the tab that says Compatibility
Try adjusting the options to Windows 7 (or vista or xp)... it should definitively work if u do the 2 things

Hi Iron,
Thanks a lot Iron it does work again with analysis techniques.
The only thing I have is that when opening TradeStation each time appears the message "System register update failed - Try to use Regedit".
I don't what it means and say "yes" and TS opens...
Nice to have friends like you, I would never had found it alone.
Thanks,
Enez :)-()

Freinds,

I am suffering from a peculiar problem, my TS2ki works fine on windows XP, but won't load at all on windows 7 laptop, I am unable to get through this, please help. I am sure, there must be some solution to it. Do I have an older version of TS2Ki? or anything else.

Regards

If you are running Windows 7 Professional or higher then you can install Windows XP Mode (a Virtual PC) which is very stable and as long as you have at least 6 GB of RAM (more would be better) then TS 2000i will simply scream. No more problems.

Best regards,

~Bob Scott

Bob, thank you very much for replying. But Bob for how long will this make shift arrangement work. Is there any way out of XP and use of 2000i on any other O/S. Please help, I have lost all hopes.

Regards,

I have Win 7 & XP on my pc, I use the Win XP for tradestation 2000i, its more compatable, I know its suposed to be the same, but its not, I think that tradestation is some 12 years old and probably designed to run on a 32 bit machine,( Win 2000 or XP) IMO it does run better (perfectly dare I say) on XP, make sure that its on the C: drive, as I found that it doesnt like any other desigination ( g/f/h)