Traders from Australia?

Nice to hear of another Australian Options trader trading the US markets, at times it feels like I am the only one.
With options I specialize in the FTSE, also do futures on the indexes. These days only in contact with 2 other options traders from back in the day, one does the FTSE as well and the other ETOs on the ASX. Back in the 90s many professional traders would meet at the exchange building on the cnr Collins and King streets, everyone went their seperate ways when they closed the screen room down. Quite a solitary existance these days, took the opportunity to hedge my short positions last night so just waiting for expiry next friday.

These days only in contact with 2 other options traders , everyone went their seperate ways when they closed the screen room down. Quite a solitary existance these days.

Sounds very familiar.
Most traders I knew of couldn't or wouldn't adjust with the market changes over time and all slowly dropped off but as always it is hard to find hard-core dedicated traders that break away from being mushrooms and actually desire to chat whilst trading and or meet on a regular basis.

I've always found it funny how people especially newer traders whinge for trading companions then can't be bothered putting in effort themselves to meet. I guess people really underestimate what it really takes to be a trader... lots of blame can go to the fast talking spruikers I guess :)

Sounds very familiar.
Most traders I knew of couldn't or wouldn't adjust with the market changes over time and all slowly dropped off but as always it is hard to find hard-core dedicated traders that break away from being mushrooms and actually desire to chat whilst trading and or meet on a regular basis.

I've always found it funny how people especially newer traders whinge for trading companions then can't be bothered putting in effort themselves to meet. I guess people really underestimate what it really takes to be a trader... lots of blame can go to the fast talking spruikers I guess :)

Trading is one of the most simplest of endeavours, all you need is good technical knowledge and the right mindset, spruikers wouldn't have a clue about the mindset let alone pass it on to someone else. To be honest it has taken me 25+ years to evolve to where I am today in my trading and I don't know if I could pass it on, I can define some concepts but so much is intuative, that can only come from somewhere deep inside an indervidual. You have to love options, once you really know the greeks their relationships and dynamics you can put together so many profitable opportunities,( Pandoros Paradox,where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts) the only boundary being you creativity. Where are you based. Generally I don't like to tell people what I do as they either have no idea what I'm about or think that I'm some crazed gambler, little do they realize that a true professional is one of the most in control people on the planet and this is what allows them to do things that most people would run away from in terror.

Intuitive trading (for Options anyway) works well. I don't see how anyone can legitimately say they trade fundamentally these days and definitely not from behind a signal based blackbox system.

I agree with you 100% on the knowing of the Greeks and then putting together a trade which I why I am so addicted and passionate about trading Options and would NEVER see myself trading anything else. I often blast on custom trades, it gives me even more of an edge and protection against the 'what if' and can create some crazy risk profiles at times.

I don't think we as Option traders will ever stop learning there is just so much to them in an advanced level, and I don't think you can or you will be left behind as the markets evolve so we and our trading must always be adjusting.

currently on the Gold Coast.

Intuitive trading (for Options anyway) works well. I don't see how anyone can legitimately say they trade fundamentally these days and definitely not from behind a signal based blackbox system.

I agree with you 100% on the knowing of the Greeks and then putting together a trade which I why I am so addicted and passionate about trading Options and would NEVER see myself trading anything else. I often blast on custom trades, it gives me even more of an edge and protection against the 'what if' and can create some crazy risk profiles at times.

I don't think we as Option traders will ever stop learning there is just so much to them in an advanced level, and I don't think you can or you will be left behind as the markets evolve so we and our trading must always be adjusting.

currently on the Gold Coast.

I will send you my mobile via the message