Traders from Australia?

G'day folks,

From the Gold Coast and have traded ASX stocks for the past few years. Actually over 10 years off + on so have taken a hit or two along the way.

Pleased to meet you all, and maybe catch up some time.

Cheers~!
Hi , I am on the Gold coast and ave traded futures and FX with mixed results, would like to share some thoughts and may be meet some time.
Cheers
Rainer
[email protected]

Any traders in Sydney that wants to meet up for a chat and discussion about strategies and the market?

Pop me a email: [email protected]

Hi I am on the Gold coast and have traded for 12 month in FX and futures with mixed success. Difficult times I think. Are you by any chance a Benz fan? I am. could still communicate via e-mail or Skype and I do come to Sydney every now and again.
cheers
Rainer
[email protected]

Hi Peoples,
I always wondered what everyone on the Gold Coast did. Now I know...
I live in Brisbane and trade Forex full time. I love writing and testing code for automated trading, but to make money I trade manually.

Hi Peoples,
I always wondered what everyone on the Gold Coast did. Now I know...
I live in Brisbane and trade Forex full time. I love writing and testing code for automated trading, but to make money I trade manually.

Hi Arbus,
I am not sure everybody trades on the coast, I am a relative newby, traded since Oct last year with mixed success.I find successful traders do not like sharing their type of trading ,I do not understand why, I believe that if one wants to do something different that one has not done before a good coach is needed.
Could a novice just get on a sailboat and sail Brisbane to Sydney? I doubt it, or can a person become a reasonable tennis player or golfer without coaching?
I doubt it, but with trading one has to find ones own 'system'. There are enough commercial guys out there ( usually not very good).
So there we are.
Cheers
Rainer

Hi Arbus,
I find successful traders do not like sharing their type of trading ,I do not understand why,

Because in trading you have to take the money of someone, so if you have a winning system and everyone gets to know about it, it will no longer be a winning system, either everyone will be trading the same way so there is no one to take the other side of the trade. Or the market makers will move the market to make the system fail and take your money.

Hi Rainerg,
I know not everyone trades on the coast, just a few in this thread on the coast. Not that you could blame them. Perfect weather, beaches, beautiful women..

Andycin,
I wonder about that quite a bit. If you have a winning system does sharing it make it less effective?
does automated trading give manual traders an edge?

Hi Rainerg,
I know not everyone trades on the coast, just a few in this thread on the coast. Not that you could blame them. Perfect weather, beaches, beautiful women..

Andycin,
I wonder about that quite a bit. If you have a winning system does sharing it make it less effective?
does automated trading give manual traders an edge?

I am with you, the fx market is humongous, for a successful trader to help the odd beginner and to think it will affect the market is a joke. Anyway let him be!!
I am happy to share my bit with anyone who is interested. I have not made a fortune but I also have not wiped out my account in 10 month.
cheers
Rainerg

I am with you, the fx market is humongous, for a successful trader to help the odd beginner and to think it will affect the market is a joke. Anyway let him be!!
I am happy to share my bit with anyone who is interested. I have not made a fortune but I also have not wiped out my account in 10 month.
cheers
Rainerg

The Forex market is huge, and I agree that a successful trader helping a beginner will not affect the market, but if a system became known world wide as some have they have a tendency to become less effective. I think another reason people don't like to share is that part of the learning curve is to work it out for yourself. When you design your own system you are more likely to believe in it and this will help you carry on when you hit a bad patch. You will also have gained the knowledge to tweak, change and improve your system to keep pace with the changing market environment and to make it better.

Totally agree. Working out your own systems makes you learn .
1 piece of advice i would give anyone trading is to study. Read everything. Good and bad. Even the most stupid ideas sometimes work. Keep everything in the back of your mind when you trade. Adapt to the current market.

eg. I read about someone using a reverse trade copier to copy bad trades and they were making money out of it. I tried it and it actually worked! not that i would recommend it, but understanding the reason it worked was invaluable.

Hey, scalper FX Trader here in Brisbane. Full time from home. Who actually works these days?! haha.

Gary from Melbourne, working in Tax (new job) current trading Australia share market, wanting to get more US shares and options, also want to get into Forex.

Trading style - value investing

Using Interactive Broker and Comsec.

Does anyone use pure fundamental to trade forex?

Hi

I'm from Sydney and am a new trader.
I currently trade CFD's and am new to these forums.

I eventually want to get into futures and ideally would like to get into a prop shop, but there does not seem to be many in Australia?

Would be great to talk to some experienced folks in the forums!
My email is [email protected]

Cheers

Tony

Thought I would *bump* this.

I'm based for most of the year on the Gold Coast.
Full time trader.
Short term Options trading on the US markets.

Hello again, Perth forex full time trader here
looking for someone to chat and trade with
PM me

I'm a full time options and futures trader, FTSE,SP500,SP200, down in Geelong

Nice to hear of another Australian Options trader trading the US markets, at times it feels like I am the only one.