Best Thread Trade2Win's 10 Year Anniversary - Day 5 (Anatomy of a Trade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedsit

Experienced member
1,794 165
So it's not late (I misunderstood yet again).

I thought it would be a shame not to show beauty of this simple approach.

Here is my Friday's trade. Entry was breach of the latest higher high and exit was time based (before the market close). It is a simple, yet very efficient trend following technique.

'The trend is your friend... apart from the bend at the end.'

Attachments

• mytrade.JPG
    mytrade.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 197

Sharky

Admin
5,641 433
Thanks to everyone who entered our contest on Friday. It was easily the most successful contest of the week with some awesome entries, we'll definitely consider making it a regular contest on the site.

Choosing a winner has been really difficult, so the judges have decided to let YOU decide who wins! We've helped you a bit by narrowing it down to our favourite SIX entries (listed in alphabetical order)...

- bbmac (Post #31 - GBP/USD)
- DionysusToast (Post #61 - S&P E-Mini Futures)
- elitejets (Post #92 - Crude Oil)
- Hotch (Post #82 - EUR/USD)
- SH-101 (Post #94 - EUR/USD)
- shadowninja (Post #40 - EUR/USD)

Whichever entry has the most recommendations (just click this button:
reputation.gif
on the post)
by 12pm noon tomorrow, wins the Kindle 3G and $100 of trading books. So get recommending! :clover:

To help you decide which to recommend, here are some of the things the judges considered:

- Is it comprehensive and easy to follow?
- Does the logic/rationale make sense?
- Does it contain ideas and insights etc. that other members could take away?
- Does it contain ideas other than standard text book stuff?

(NB.You can recommend as many or as few as you like. Any sign of cheating - automatic disqualification!)

Sharky

Admin
5,641 433
Mid-afternoon update.

The current TOP 5 are:

1. elitejets (Post #92 - Crude Oil) - 11 RECOMMENDATIONS
2. DionysusToast (Post #61 - S&P E-Mini Futures) - 9 RECOMMENDATIONS
3. bbmac Post #31 - GBP/USD) - 6 RECOMMENDATIONS
4. Hotch (Post #82 - EUR/USD) - 4 RECOMMENDATIONS
5. shadowninja (Post #40 - EUR/USD) - 4 RECOMMENDATIONS
5. DashRiprock (Posts #48, #54, #58 - T-Note Futures) - 4 RECOMMENDATIONS

If anyone spots another entry with enough votes to make it on this leaderboard then let me know and I'll update it.

DashRiprock

Experienced member
1,650 482
"Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach the man to fish, you lose your monopoly on fishing".

:cheers:

oiltanker

Established member
955 89
you can get [as in buy] real dumb money indicators e.g

..The "Dumb Money" indicator (see figure 1) looks for extremes in the data from 4 different groups of investors who historically have been wrong on the market: 1) Investors Intelligence; 2) Market Vane; 3) American Association of Individual Investors; and 4) the put call ratio. The "Dumb Money" indicator is very bullish to an extreme degree...

http://www.safehaven.com/article/19747/what-a-difference-a-week-makes

so you can make money out of them.

shadowninja

Legendary member
5,524 643
Well, if I win the Miss World Beauty Pageant, I intend to campaign for peace in the Middle East, rid the world of AIDS, reverse global warming and knit blankets for the OAPs at Oak Tree Residential Home in Sittingbourne.

Sharky

Admin
5,641 433
Late afternoon GMT update.

The ranking have remained the same, with just few extra votes given. Elitejets extended her lead over DionysusToast and now has a three vote lead. The next update will be tomorrow morning at 9am GMT.

The current TOP 5 are:

1. elitejets (Post #92 - Crude Oil) - 13 RECOMMENDATIONS (+2)
2. DionysusToast (Post #61 - S&P E-Mini Futures) - 10 RECOMMENDATIONS (+1)
3. bbmac Post #31 - GBP/USD) - 7 RECOMMENDATIONS (+1)
4. Hotch (Post #82 - EUR/USD) - 6 RECOMMENDATIONS (+2)
5. shadowninja (Post #40 - EUR/USD) - 4 RECOMMENDATIONS (no change)
5. DashRiprock (Posts #48, #54, #58 - T-Note Futures) - 4 RECOMMENDATIONS (no change)

If anyone spots another entry with enough votes to make it on this leaderboard then let me know and I'll update it.

bedsit

Experienced member
1,794 165
So it's not late (I misunderstood yet again).

I thought it would be a shame not to show beauty of this simple approach.

Here is my Friday's trade. Entry was breach of the latest higher high and exit was time based (before the market close). It is a simple, yet very efficient trend following technique.

'The trend is your friend... apart from the bend at the end.'

Not enough recommendations?

Try the market - the trend has been friendly so far.

Attachments

• Continued.JPG
    Continued.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 155

Sharky

Admin
5,641 433
Morning GMT update.

The rankings have remained the same except for shadowninja who dropped out of the Top 5. Elitejets extended her lead further over DionysusToast and now has a four vote lead with a total of 20 votes. The final update will be announced at 12pm noon GMT when the winner will be announced! This is your last chance to vote for your favourite entry. To vote, simply click on the links below and press the button that looks like
reputation.gif
on the post(s) you think should win!!

The current TOP 5 are:

1. elitejets (Post #92 - Crude Oil) - 20 RECOMMENDATIONS (+7)
2. DionysusToast (Post #61 - S&P E-Mini Futures) - 16 RECOMMENDATIONS (+6)
3. bbmac Post #31 - GBP/USD) - 8 RECOMMENDATIONS (+1)
4. Hotch (Post #82 - EUR/USD) - 8 RECOMMENDATIONS (+2)
5. DashRiprock (Posts #48, #54, #58 - T-Note Futures) - 7 RECOMMENDATIONS (+3)

Sharky

Admin
5,641 433
The Results (Almost!)

Well, it seems like we have a dead heat! After DionysusToast secured another 4 recommendations, both elitejets and DionsusToast now have 20 RECOMMENDATIONS each.

- elitejets (Post #92 - Crude Oil) - 20 RECOMMENDATIONS (no change)
- DionysusToast (Post #61 - S&P E-Mini Futures) - 20 RECOMMENDATIONS (+4)

In this unprecedented situation, the deadline for votes will be extended until 2:00pm GMT.

To vote, simply click on the links above and press the button that looks like
reputation.gif
on the post(s) you think should win!!

If the votes are still tied at this time, then both entrants will be asked to go head-to-head and post an additional trade. The winner will again be decided by the popular vote.

DashRiprock

Experienced member
1,650 482
Hi guys,
No explanation required, my methods are simple yet extremely effective. the real skill is in account management and indeed trade management

GBPUSD

Simple scalp of 3min triangle

Long 15998
Stop 15990
Spread 2pts
Risk 10pts

50% fill order set at 16010 for breakeven

Trade open
Cheers
Wig

How do I post pictures!!:-0

i just said this but i thought it would be better if i replied straight to it that way you can all see it better.

Out of all the trades that were from graphs, this one I think was the best but nobody voted for it.

all the others from graphs were complicated with lots of lines and too many reasons. this one is dead simple like and the best trading is!!

Sharky

Admin
5,641 433
Well, it was an incredible photo finish, with some last minute strategic votes, and both elitejets and DionysusToast finished up with precisely 22 recommendations.

Both entrants will now be invited to submit a new trade by 12pm midnight tomorrow. If either entrant prefers not to participate, then the other entrant will be declared the winner.

Voting will commence from the time the entries are posted and the winner will be announced at 6pm GMT Thurs 28th Jan. If there's another tied result then this time the T2W Judges will decide on the winner. :clover:

The final results (Top 5) were:

1. elitejets (Post #92 - Crude Oil) - 22 RECOMMENDATIONS
1. DionysusToast (Post #61 - S&P E-Mini Futures) - 22 RECOMMENDATIONS

3. DashRiprock (Posts #48, #54, #58 - T-Note Futures) - 10 RECOMMENDATIONS

4. bbmac Post #31 - GBP/USD) - 8 RECOMMENDATIONS
4. Hotch (Post #82 - EUR/USD) - 8 RECOMMENDATIONS

Attachments

• Trade2Win_s 10 Year Anniversary - Day 5 (Anatomy of a Trade) - Page 8 | Trade2Win Forums-3.jpg
    Trade2Win_s 10 Year Anniversary - Day 5 (Anatomy of a Trade) - Page 8 | Trade2Win Forums-3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 129
  • Trade2Win_s 10 Year Anniversary - Day 5 (Anatomy of a Trade) - Page 12 | Trade2Win Forums-3.jpg
    Trade2Win_s 10 Year Anniversary - Day 5 (Anatomy of a Trade) - Page 12 | Trade2Win Forums-3.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 127

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,501
Jeeezus.

OK - NQ today for me. Not that I ever traded it before. I just planned to play with it today anyway. News at 10:00am and 11:00am and the 11:00am is pretty big. I finish at 12pm/Midnight here. On inspection this AM, I would hope for a sell off into 2265 and then a move up from there. Plan would be to attempt to get into a trade before the 10:00am news and have enough leeway into the news. Needs lots of leeway into 11:00am. There may be no trade though.

You have been warned...

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,501
Duh - just noticed Forex Factory calendar is an hour out. Make that news at 9am & 10am - which is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock