Top 3 News-Based Trades Of March 2014 (+Videos)

HarryHindsight

Looking back over my video archives for March, I thought it might be interesting to reflect on the bigger opportunities to make quick profits on the back of breaking news.

My top 3 picks for March:

1) 25 March 2014 ~ 16:15 London Time ~ ECB Draghi Speaks

The Big Dog Draghi was scheduled to speak at the Sciences Po Conference in Paris, and at 16:15 UK Time he re-iterated that the ECB stands ready to take additional monetary measures.
Nothing new right? Well 6E took a considerable dive and it didn't require a high speed supercomputer to get in on the action either.
On a Harry Hindsight Impact Scale, I'd call this a 6!
harryhindsightnews.com (just my personal blog/hobby, no snake oil vendor here!)

2) 19 March 2014 ~ 18:00 London Time ~ FOMC Statement

Sadly I lost audio feed ahead of the Fed Statement at 6pm London Time.
Nevertheless, I provide the video footage for several minutes, during which the market’s did move considerably.
5/10 on the Harry Hindsight Impact Meter.
* Fed sees first rate rise in 2015, drops 6.5% jobless threshold.
* Fed cuts monthly Treasury purchases by $5bn, and MBS by $5bn; generally expected.
The water turns pretty much red for a good hour thereafter.

3) 13 March 2014 ~ 17:45 London Time ~ ECB Draghi releases statement

A worthy entry to the Harry Hindsight Highlight Reel, was a statement released from ECB's Draghi, saying real interest rate spreads between the Eurozone and rest of the world would probably fall, putting downward pressure on exchange rates. While FGBL remained very calm in light of release, 6E jerked lower repeatedly - although the move was far from clean and I expect money was lost by some shorters too!