Took out a loan to transition to full-time trading. Now 27 years old.

wabu27

https://www.trade2win.com/threads/t...ion-to-full-time-trading-24-years-old.215054/

Hello Guys -

I quit my Private Equity job back in 2016, took out massive shark loans, and decided to daytrade for a living. Sound crazy? Haha well.. it's been.. different. If you have time to kill, it's an interesting read (LINK ABOVE).

3.5 years later, I'm still alive! YES!!!!!
and still trying to trade for a living.

I will be keeping a record of my daily results on a google sheet for public to view, and will try to post clips from my trading with commentary so others can see why I've made those trades.

Hope you guys favorite this page and follow me on my journey to become a millionaire! Roar!

I thought the mafia would have caught up with you by now !
:eek:

Wish you the best of luck man. I hope those loans are paid off.

My only feedback would be to reduce your living costs as much as possible to remove as much stress from needing to make your trading profitable in X amount of time. We at trade2win believe in you, just stay consistent and you'll get there.

Nice - I would love to do that one day. Interested to see your trades on the google sheet, can you post the link?
Best of luck

Week 1: +$3
Was planning on making a highlight clip and upload it during the weekend but i made a mistake with the video recordings so couldn't get that done. Hopefully this week I can get a video together.

Been just trading NG.

My google sheet link is at the bottom of my posts, the signature section :).

11/18/19
+$332
Trading NG. Initial look hinted NG to possibly go up towards 2.7 mark. Went in for some profits but saw NG going up a little too quickly. In this case it needs to shoot up higher but it didn't have the power to so i exited. Still watched NG as it still looked likely to go higher but on a longer time chart it seemed like it was possible for the overall direction to be bearish so was being careful. NG ended up not having the strength to go higher and eventually pulled down.

11/20/19
- $531
Traded NG so stupidly. No clear movements so stayed out most of the day. Saw a high and entered a short; thought it was breaking upwards so reversed position, reversed again and currently holding a position overnight. Even told myself in my recording to not trade today but i thought i saw an opportunity. It was a weak fake.

11/21/19
+806
My overnight position moved favorably. I stayed up until 5am PST watching the position in case of any signs of bullish movements. NG report came in and I called how it will move pretty well. Called it's highpoint before it's drop as well (proud, ROAR!!). I had details about it but i forgot it.. slept 50 minutes last night after working an 8-hr server shift at a restaurant. After market ended took 1.5hr nap and went to being a server again for another 4.5 hours. Thus mi life.

11/22/19 - $308

So it's been 2 weeks since I've actively recorded my performance on my google tracking sheet. I'm up $337, YES!! Amount just over the total amount of commission I paid during that time. Approximate net total, I'm negative.

Honestly just watched NG not doing anything except move inbetween a small range so I told myself "this is so boring, let's enter one position" and it suddenly breaks out of that range. LOL. Still thought overall movement was down. Wanted to leave a position overnight but now Jan contracts will be traded actively and I wasn't sure how NG would move with this transition period so just exited at a loss.

Recap of the past two weeks, nothing's changed since my old days. Similar patterns, similar temptations, similar mistakes, which worries me.... don't want a similar conclusion. I feel like making $200/day is pretty easy on most days. So I try to make more which gets me deep in the red. I tell myself to than just make the daily $200's which means around $1,000/week but when I see chances in the charts, I keep going back in to trade more. I just want to win them all. I used to be able to back in the days...

Tried to keep my post sweet and simple, maybe add a little humor but this is certainly not the case today hahaha
Just want to tell myself. I'm getting old. At an age I need to find a career to build. Excitement through trading is obviously not paying the bills. Show some actual results. Concrete facts. Or just quit and invest passively. Get back into finance or go to the army. This upcoming week I'm turning 28. Wow, .... that is not a light number.

Stockfather
I MADE YOUTUBE BANNER AND LOGO!!! Haha any feedback appreciated. Hopefully get my first video up within a week or two. And have weekly uploads. If my trading account could last more than couple weeks hahahahaha

11/21/19
+806
My overnight position moved favorably. I stayed up until 5am PST watching the position in case of any signs of bullish movements. NG report came in and I called how it will move pretty well. Called it's highpoint before it's drop as well (proud, ROAR!!). I had details about it but i forgot it.. slept 50 minutes last night after working an 8-hr server shift at a restaurant. After market ended took 1.5hr nap and went to being a server again for another 4.5 hours. Thus mi life.

Divide net trading profit by the number of hours you sat staring at the screen. You might find the server job is much much better with less stress ...... until you find a different gig

Trading can be defined as marriage. A very expensive way to get your laundry done free.

Update this week: Had a birthday. Thanksgiving. Blown account.

Hm. Planning to be back with a new plan as soon as I have a plan.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

Happy Thanksgiving :)

A husband and wife were dining at a 5-star restaurant. When their food arrived, the husband said: “Our food has arrived! Let’s eat!”

His wife reminded him: “Honey, you always say your prayers at home before your dinner!”

Her husband replied: “That’s at home, my dear. Here the chef knows how to cook…”

Hmmm, so you made it work for a few years, then you start reposting here and you blow the account? I hope you were able to pay back the loans.

Peter

Edited: happy birthday and I hope you also had a great Thanksgiving!

12/3/19
Deposited $1000 into my IB account overnight and surprising it already hit my IB acct today before 6:30am PST. Was planning on sleeping today but decided to trade. Almost lost $600 (my 1 week worth of tips) than came back to end up -$4. I have officially decided I just straight suck at controlling my emotions. I'm really quick on the trigger.

Going to try something different. Will be watching IB chart and Tradeview charts as support, but am going to trade mainly off of yahoo finance charts. Yes, the crappy 2D laggy not updating charts. These charts are what I went off of when I first got into stocks during 2010 and those were one of my best trading days.

https://www.trade2win.com/threads/t...ion-to-full-time-trading-24-years-old.215054/

Hello Guys -

I quit my Private Equity job back in 2016, took out massive shark loans, and decided to daytrade for a living. Sound crazy? Haha well.. it's been.. different. If you have time to kill, it's an interesting read (LINK ABOVE).

3.5 years later, I'm still alive! YES!!!!!
and still trying to trade for a living.

I will be keeping a record of my daily results on a google sheet for public to view, and will try to post clips from my trading with commentary so others can see why I've made those trades.

Hope you guys favorite this page and follow me on my journey to become a millionaire! Roar!
Still trying? Are you not successful yet?

12/4/19
+$182
Commission: $28.44

NG didn't have major movements today as it was trying to set-up for either a big upward or a big downward movement. Went in multiple times for short profits.
I did pretty good trying to get my entry/exit timings off of yahoo finance charts, which led to less trading. I was tempted to enter or exit based on the IB charts many times throughout the day but did not cave in. One thing that was a disappointment today was I thought I saw a build-up happening via IB charts but ignored it because it didn't show on yahoo finance chart. Result was, a big spike upward happened (which would have been a better entry for a short) before it came back down again, and I did not make as much money as I could have. Also, if I analyed it wrong and if it had enough strength to go higher, my account could have blown up again.
Goal tomorrow is to try to react to an upcoming big move instead of trying to catching before it even begins. While it feels nostalgic when I get it right, it really takes one bad decision to wipe out my 3-4 days of profits.

12/5/19
+$161
$18.96 in commissions
First position to short NG some minutes after the gas report today was a miss, as direction was predicted right but timing was not. If I looked at my chart over multiple days, it would have been easy to spot there were more upside coming yet I was quick to pull the trigger when I thought I saw the (fake) opportunity. My entry looked okay via IB chart and Yahoo chart but I should've took the extra step to be careful and confirm my entry by looking at multiple days as well.
Midway during the day, NG was trying to break upwards which made me change my position, but I quickly reversed probably within the next 5 minutes as it seems NG didn't have the strength needed to break out today to the next resistance level, which is reall~y high for a single day move. Road NG down till the end of day but exited a little early as the decrease in price was happening very slow. I was getting mentally exhausted and while yahoo finance chart told me there is some little room to run, I just exited as it didn't seem like a big amount and it would be better to end the day green and rest my mind about my position. If I had a lot of money, I would love to keep a short position in as I think NG is going to fall big the next day or two and hit 2.319 and go lower maybe. But that's not the case :cry:

Not controlling your emotions will bite you on the bum eventually but good luck anyway...

12/3/19
Deposited $1000 into my IB account overnight and surprising it already hit my IB acct today before 6:30am PST. Was planning on sleeping today but decided to trade. Almost lost $600 (my 1 week worth of tips) than came back to end up -$4. I have officially decided I just straight suck at controlling my emotions. I'm really quick on the trigger.

Going to try something different. Will be watching IB chart and Tradeview charts as support, but am going to trade mainly off of yahoo finance charts. Yes, the crappy 2D laggy not updating charts. These charts are what I went off of when I first got into stocks during 2010 and those were one of my best trading days.

(y)(y)(y) Love you, brother. You will turn this around. Stick with it! And Angel of Help has been called upon to come to your aid. :):) In your corner is Fibo. You can't fail