Are these forums essentially just the blind leading the blind?

my 2 cents. Why not i just joined :) There's no holy grail in trading, what works for me may not work for you and vice versa. Your personality has to fit the strategy you're trading. Scalpers can't bear an open position while they're away from the screen, others don't suit trying to find 5 setups a day. What if they are not there, will you pull the trigger just to make up the numbers? Only taken 23 positions all year, but my hit rate has been 81%. That number lets me up my leverage, a bit. But If the setup is not there I don't trade, the waiting and the patience I need is really hard, drives me up the ****ing wall, unless I take a particular attitude which doesn't come naturally. Promise you this, whatever your character flaws are trading will show them to you, painfully. Mine are a lack of discipline and inconsistency. So I have to pay attention not to bring those to work. It's a head game, with yourself as much as the markets. I've only learnt this over time by making mistakes and talking to others. In the words of my old history professor 'I don't have answers for you, but you will learn to ask better questions'

Are any of you guys actually going to tell me how much money you've made from trading, since you first started? I want exact figures please, not just answers of "a few bucks" or avoiding the question altogether.

You could quite easily prove my original post wrong by giving me this number. Or do you all lose money?

I could be a millionaire ,if I knew where price is going next.

This type of trading makes 775% , only if i knew how!

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fut...ofit-option-trade-set-forget.html#post2915280

Are any of you guys actually going to tell me how much money you've made from trading, since you first started? I want exact figures please, not just answers of "a few bucks" or avoiding the question altogether.

You could quite easily prove my original post wrong by giving me this number. Or do you all lose money?

My book is up 22.5% this year as of end of May

Attachments

• blind  leading the blind.jpg
    blind leading the blind.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 209
Zulu trade ?

I didn't know what that was, just had a look. Use my own setups. Sell rallies/buy dips on very overbought/oversold intraday moves. +80/-20 RSI on the hourly and up against decent support/resistance. Stop to cost soon as but not too soon. If the daily or weekly RSI has a similar over extension that's even better. Technically simple if you've nailed the right S/R levels and are patient. Blake Morrow @Pipczar is pretty good for daily S/R. Worth listening to generally. As is Tom Dante @trader_dante , he does a weekly sweary webinar always very entertaining. It's the being on the sidelines that's difficult the conditions aren't always there. FOMO is a real trap. Right now I'm waiting on gold, been buying dips from 1220 now it's having a correction and the dollar too maybe, makes sense it will be soon after the June fed decision if they do hike. Might not happen, or might miss it. There'll be others. Don't take my word for it have a look at the chart. What price will gold bounce for the next push through 1300? All about price. If I knew these things for sure I'd be rich already, and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

Its none of your business how much money anyone makes. Nobody's obliged to give you even the time of day. Make your own mind up whether you can trade. Stand on your own feet.

Trade and F off or don't trade but please still F off.
Dude, seriously, you just need to give an honest figure of how much you've made from trading since you first started. It's not difficult. It would prove that there are people on these forums making consistent money from trading. And its not just the blind leading the blind, with no one making consistent profits.

I will go first. I have made precisely $0 from trading. Now your turn. How much have you made?

Traders , serious traders don't like giving false numbers , if they do they are not believed and asked further questions .Then they are asked why do they hang sround with amateurs .

The answer is simple trading is a patience game and most decent traders are bored , because good trading is boring.They are bored and that is why they hang around here.
Who said anything about giving false numbers? You just need to give an honest number - how much you have made from trading since you first began. I gave my number above. $0. Now lets hear yours.

I have actually called 3 trades , I mean 3 profitable trades in advance , in last few days .This is how pros trade.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Do you want to see my personal bank accounts>?
3 trades is a meaningless sample size. Anyone can get that right due to dumb luck.

Who said anything about giving false numbers? You just need to give an honest number - how much you have made from trading since you first began. I gave my number above. $0. Now lets hear yours.

3 trades is a meaningless sample size. Anyone can get that right due to dumb luck.

You can see my wealth on the internet , but I won't show you the link.
Some forums have fake posters , they are meant to keep the atmosphere positive , amonst the 95% club.I will not lower myself to their level , of posting fake profitable stories and figures.

Actually 4 out of 4 , if you check the thread , if you search hard enough , you will see a method that has a 95 % chance of not losing ,I may share it late.It involves money management techniques.

Every blind monkey makes money in a bull market , but the ones who succeed in making money in all markets are rare.Currently we have a bull market in place.

If you look at this , trade like it , you already have a 75% chance of profit , it is not luck!You will see all my trades are longs.

Attachments

• longs.jpg
    longs.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 173
I will go first. I have made precisely $0 from trading. Now your turn. How much have you made?

But how much have you lost? I think this figure is more important because if you lose all your capital you're finished. Are you saying you're exactly at B/E or have you not started trading yet?

I don't think most people will be comfortable telling strangers on the internet how much they earn. What would happen if you approached someone on the street and DEMANDED this info?

If you hang around this forum long enough and read plenty of posts it will become obvious which members are honest, genuine and successful and which are the total opposite^^^:rolleyes:

Dude, seriously, you just need to give an honest figure of how much you've made from trading since you first started.

You came here for help. I offered you help for free and demonstrated why I would be happy to do so. You asked for verification I know what I'm talking about, which I will not provide. The offer of help is withdrawn also.

And don't call me dude, mate.

But how much have you lost? I think this figure is more important because if you lose all your capital you're finished. Are you saying you're exactly at B/E or have you not started trading yet?

I don't think most people will be comfortable telling strangers on the internet how much they earn. What would happen if you approached someone on the street and DEMANDED this info?

If you hang around this forum long enough and read plenty of posts it will become obvious which members are honest, genuine and successful and which are the total opposite^^^:rolleyes:
I've made $0 profit from trading. Not lost anything, not gained anything. I'm more than happy to tell people how much I've made trading. Which I just did.

You came here for help. I offered you help for free and demonstrated why I would be happy to do so. You asked for verification I know what I'm talking about, which I will not provide. The offer of help is withdrawn also.

And don't call me dude, mate.
Dude, I think it's pretty obvious at this point that you're a losing trader. If you won't tell me how much you've made. When people have lost money, they almost always try to hide it. Like you are doing right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: BF2
Why do you assume that someone's an unsuccessful trader just because they won't dance to your tune or they say something that upsets you?

I think Darktone made a good point in another thread about having the right temperament to face the onslaught of the markets. Psychology is a huge part of nailing it

Why do you assume that someone's an unsuccessful trader just because they won't dance to your tune or they say something that upsets you?

I think Darktone made a good point in another thread about having the right temperament to face the onslaught of the markets. Psychology is a huge part of nailing it
He hasn't said anything that upsets me. He just won't answer the question. Someone also messaged me several days ago with a similar problem - he's repeatedly asked people on here how much they make, but they won't answer. And there's only one reason for that of course - they lose money.

I have the right temperament whenever I've dealt in high pressure situations. But I cannot stand people who can't answer a simple question. :LOL:

Reactions: BF2
Dude, I think it's pretty obvious at this point that you're a losing trader. If you won't tell me how much you've made. When people have lost money, they almost always try to hide it. Like you are doing right now.

What's your point exactly ? Either you are a: trolling to which you're being a dick but you get a kick out of the replies, yapping attention seeker type or

b: you want some hard confirmation someone is making a lot of money before you'll what? let them hold your hand or take their advice. Why should they or anyone. We got mummy issues here?

Going with a and b

To shut you up (hopefully) I went £15000 down (big SPX500 shorts) in the first 3 months despite 18 months of demo trading, then did nothing for 3 months (go figure), then crept back v tentatively after a LOT of thought and made half that back by the end of last year. To which in June I'm now about £5000 up after 14 months of going live and some serious pressure and anxiety. Which makes most ppl sensibly think **** that why bother, and you know i might agree...been better off buying bitcoin but.. posted gains every month this year, feel pretty ****ing good about that and see it as if it took me only 8 months to get consistently profitable (so far), that's actually ok. People who've had similar experiences like that I can talk to all day long, always lots to learn from that. The ppl who are in this game long enough to learn anything useful blow accounts, lick their wounds raise capital and come back. I respect that. So why would I tell a scrote like you what I've learnt just because you demand it? Suck my big one :LOL:

The short version is trading your own money is tough. Takes balls. Which my cuntometer is telling me you don't have. You're really looking for answers no one can give you except yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
***Dude, I think it's pretty obvious at this point that you're a losing trader. If you won't tell me how much you've made. When people have lost money, they almost always try to hide it. Like you are doing right now.***

What's your point exactly ? Either you are a: trolling to which you're being a dick but you get a kick out of the replies, yapping attention seeker type or

b: you want some hard confirmation someone is making a lot of money before you'll what? let them hold your hand or take their advice. Why should they or anyone. We got mummy issues here?

Going with a and b

To shut you up (hopefully) I went £15000 down (big SPX500 shorts) in the first 3 months despite 18 months of demo trading, then did nothing for 3 months (go figure), then crept back v tentatively after a LOT of thought and made half that back by the end of last year. To which in June I'm now about £5000 up after 14 months of going live and some serious pressure and anxiety. Which makes most ppl sensibly think **** that why bother, and you know i might agree...been better off buying bitcoin but.. posted gains every month this year, feel pretty ****ing good about that and see it as if it took me only 8 months to get consistently profitable (so far), that's actually ok. People who've had similar experiences like that I can talk to all day long, always lots to learn from that. The ppl who are in this game long enough to learn anything useful blow accounts, lick their wounds raise capital and come back. I respect that. So why would I tell a scrote like you what I've learnt just because you demand it? Suck my big one :LOL:

The short version is trading your own money is tough. Takes balls. Which my cuntometer is telling me you don't have. You're really looking for answers no one can give you except yourself.

:cheesy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol9PqBbm_8A

Last edited:
He hasn't said anything that upsets me. He just won't answer the question. Someone also messaged me several days ago with a similar problem - he's repeatedly asked people on here how much they make, but they won't answer. And there's only one reason for that of course - they lose money.

I have the right temperament whenever I've dealt in high pressure situations. But I cannot stand people who can't answer a simple question. :LOL:

if some stranger wandered up to you in the street and (fairly rudely) demanded that you tell them what you earned would you feel inclined to tell them? Similarly, if you didn't tell them would it be right for them to conclude that you didn't earn anything?

It actually matters not a toss what anyone on here makes or does not make since it will be up to you what you make or do not make. Same with advice. You should test anything said for yourself, even if it comes from someone that satisfies you that they have made millions.

I already answered this question Dude. As I recall Dude, my answer was F off Dude.

It feels like internet forums (such as trade2win and others) are full of people who take trading seriously, they come across as knowledgeable and like they know what they're talking about. But in reality, they don't have much of a clue and don't make any money in the markets.

The problem with forums is that "consensus opinions" are built up among the community (eg. X book is good, Y strategy is correct) and anyone who deviates away from such opinions are labelled as trolls. So this creates an echo chamber of (often wrong) opinions on certain subjects which get perpetuated over and over (even worse, it gets put in sticky threads for newbies to read). Hence it becomes a place where the blind leads the blind. Newbies repeatedly get fed wrong or misleading information from people who think they are right, and no one makes any money.

The truly good information is never posted. This is from professional traders who know that posting such information would destroy any edge they have in the markets. So what you get on a forum is simply speculation and advice which doesn't ultimately help people make money.

I'd also be interested to know who is a profitable trader on these forums. I'd hazard a guess that at least 95% on here lose money, maybe more. The rest either break even, or make small profits which are down to luck.

Sorry for the rather negative outlook on things, but that's just the way I see it. What are people's thoughts on this issue?

I haven't bothered reading any replies.
You have to find your own way.
Forums such as T2W are good for exploring questions. The questions you ask are an indication of where you are at and what you need focus on. The answers will be many and varied and inconsequential to you.
Other than to focus you on your own thoughts.
There are many ways to trade.. From intra day news trading to position trading. The only things they will have in common is that the successfull trader will make more money from his winners than lose from his loosers and he will cash out from his account at the right time.
In the meantime you use forums to explore your thoughts. But don't beat up on people like Tomerton who are giving their two pennies worth, and know what they are talking about in their experience.