The All New Not Scammed for £75k Thread

No - but once I had a fat finger error with IG, I opened up a £156pp position when I meant it to be about £6pp. I immediately sold the position for £600 loss and put it down to experience. IG phoned me 10 mins later and refunded me the money. They didn't have to.

So it does work both ways.

No - but once I had a fat finger error with IG, I opened up a £156pp position when I meant it to be about £6pp. I immediately sold the position for £600 loss and put it down to experience. IG phoned me 10 mins later and refunded me the money. They didn't have to.

It didn't when I first opened an account with them ten years ago and accidentally opened a position ten times the intended amount, even though it was obviously a mistake by referring to previous account history.

No, the bucketshop is not that dumb. The T&C will only be enforced if you win a sizable amount and try to run away with it. Keeping the winning in the account isn't a problem though because the bucketshop know they will get it back either through your subsequent losing or through their cancellation. Their stop loss strategy is iron clad.

They know they have won before you even got started. This is the essence of successful trading.

Last edited:
Nothing much has changed since livermores days of betting in the bucket shops.

Except livermore said the bucket shops would rarely 'welch' as it was bad for business.

It would be interesting to know if any client has ever had losses returned due to a T&C clause.

yes people losing money raises loadsa red flags......did you not know every SB has a department of hundreds of people looking into why clients are losing money, all their systems are programmed to only look at suspicious betting activities which lose money - as after all only losing bets are suspicious and clearly fraudulent. senior management, shareholders et al are constantly requesting they increase their budget exponentially on annual basis to do all they can to find a reason why they should not keep clients losing bets (which some dont keep anyway)....by trawling through their applications looking for suspicious discrepancies and on identifying them they phone the customer up and inform them that they have identified that the application form has been falsified so 'so please accept all those losses you incurred back despite the fact that your bet was offset by another customer so instead we will take it out of our profits instead'.

edit: the company wld struggle to be classified as a 'going concern' if they did what the OP is asking as a policy, and thus there value wld be severely constrained, in other words they wld be a company who has little interest in making money, and that is the reason why this thread is dumb. sigh.

Yes, a good story with a nice ending.:)

Wackypete2,

What are you doing here? You should be out somewhere queuing up to buy food and guns for the hurricane.

Wackypete2,

What are you doing here? You should be out somewhere queuing up to buy food and guns for the hurricane.

Done, evacuated from my home, and (hopefully) safe.

I'm 55 miles inland right now, away from any flooding. So far flooding in the coastal area is bad and the storm hasn't hit yet.

Peter

Done, evacuated from my home, and (hopefully) safe.

I'm 55 miles inland right now, away from any flooding. So far flooding in the coastal area is bad and the storm hasn't hit yet.

Peter

Did the parrot blow away?

Attachments

• flag_2382094c.jpg
    flag_2382094c.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 195