Technical FOREX analyses by IVT

Lud Trader

Hello,

On the Monthly view, it seems that the AUD/JPY is below a medium-term resistance level >> short opportunity ??

The AUD/JPY is currently below a major resistance area that might give us a nice opportunity for a short position.
This resistance area also corresponds to
• The upper line of an Andrews’ Pitchfork, that models a bearish regression channel.
• A Fibonacci cluster; the 50% & 61.8% Fibonacci levels of the previous bearish impulse
Here are the three Main Target Profits according to the Fibonacci expansion levels: 83.12 ; 78.68 ; 71.50.

What do you think about that?

Attachments

• AUDJPY_M1_20171106_EN.png
    AUDJPY_M1_20171106_EN.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 363
The Double Top Formation has been validated. According to the DOW theory, we are in a downtrend. So now, we will be looking for short trade after the end of the retracement phase. The best will be if the market retrace up to 50%-61.8% of the Fibonacci Retracement levels.

More information on my profile

Attachments

• LavalleeNicolas1510818381.png
    LavalleeNicolas1510818381.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 348
GBP/USD a short opportunity to come

Monthly : On the monthly chart. The GBP/USD is below a major resistance level. From the previous bearish move, the market has retraced up to 38.2%, so we expect a move to the downside.

DAILY : The big wick on both side of Yesterday’s candlestick is characteristic of a DOJI pattern. This means that the market shows some rejection around this resistance level at 1.3209. It might be time to look for a short Opportunity.

H4: Price are inside a downtrend. THE GBP USD has just completed a wave 1 and 2, and now it seems that the market has built a sub-wave 2. However, the SMA(50) is bearish so if you short the Pound Dollar it makes the most sense to target intermediate TP, and to protect your position before prices reach the SMA(50).

Attachments

• GBPUSD_D1201781114.png
    GBPUSD_D1201781114.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 366
USD/CAD waiting for a buying opportunity

Monthly : The USD/CAD has bounced off long-term oblique trend. Then, we got a high momentum candlestick and we are expecting the market to reach 1.3014.

Daily : the market has bounced off this oblique trend line, and we are still looking for buying oppportunity

H4 : We finally broke above the downward channel, the safest trading plan is to wait that the market break above the resistance line and then pull back

More information/analyses on my profile

Attachments

• LavalleeNicolas1510818381.png
    LavalleeNicolas1510818381.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 327
Gbp/Usd continue ranging between 1.302 and 1.325 with limited upward strength. The market continue to focus on Brexit.

EUR/USD in an uptrend

On the EUR/USD, you may know that 2 scenarios are possible. For the moment there is a fight between the bulls and the bears to take control of the market. From one side, you could see a Head & Shoulders Pattern that suggest that prices might get down, or you could also see a bullish flag, and in this case prices are expected to get higher. Elliot waves analyses cannot really help us for the moment either.

We need to remain factual, and for the moment the trend remains bullish in the 4-hour time frame.

$USDCAD: prices break below the oblique line – waiting for a pull back

Yesterday, we talked about the risk of a break out to the downside. The overlapping was on the first clue for a correction phase. It corresponds to an area where buyers were likely to take some profit off the table. For more information, please read our previous article.

Prices break below the oblique line, but before to go short on the USD/CAD is it safer to wait for a pull back. It is advisable now to wait that the market retrace up to 38.2%, 50% or 61.8% of the previous bearish move. If one of those levels corresponds either with an IVT combo, a structure level or an oblique line, we might have a great opportunity to trade the bearish move on the USD/CAD. I will closely watch this currency pair.

Attachments

• USDCAD.png
    USDCAD.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 361
$USDJPY View H4 - TP3 reached: waiting the end of the retracement

Please, read our previous article to better understand the context on the USD/JPY.

Prices have reached TP3, and the level at 111.24, which suggest that the wave 3 is potentially finished, even if prices can a little lower

All selling opportunities worked out perfectly and there were always paired with an IVT COMBO either on the same time frame (H4) or in a lower time frame (H1 and H2).

The regression channel was adjusted on the latest low (last know information). The target is to look for the next potential selling opportunities. The next level of resistance is 111.93 that is also the peak of the Elliot channel (claret- red full line) and the median line of the regression channel (red dotted line).

It could be then a great opportunity to short the USD/JPY and look for the finale bearish move, known as the wave 5.

It remains to see if the market is going to follow our trajectory, no one know where the market is going to go, but if the market reach our shorting area, you know what to do!

In this case, to enter the market it is safer to look a bearish combo setup in the same time frame or in lower time frame and then we will give you the Target Profit according to our predictions.

Attachments

• USDJPY.png
    USDJPY.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 323
$EURUSD (view H4) Tp2 reached, waiting for TP3

This market snapshot follows the one published yesterday.

Two trading strategies are possible with the upcoming FMOC.

Either you built a trading strategy in advance in the hope to see prices get away from your stop loss
Or you can wait that the FOMC induce a move in the direction that you are waiting to either go long or short on the mark.et
We got lucky that the volatility was enough high yesterday to drive away prices from our stop loss before the FOMC. All we had to do was to hope that the FOMC will not induce a reverse signal on the EUR/USD.

Our TP2 was reached during the night, and all you have to do is to wait that prices reach our TP3 that is set just below the theorical peak of the Head & Shoulders Pattern. It makes the most sense to take your profit off the table before this threshold. You can also let your winning position runs with a trailing stop as the bull fag pattern can also be activated.

Attachments

• EURUSD.png
    EURUSD.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 345
The Double Top Formation has been validated. According to the DOW theory, we are in a downtrend. So now, we will be looking for short trade after the end of the retracement phase. The best will be if the market retrace up to 50%-61.8% of the Fibonacci Retracement levels.

Won't work market is extremely unpredictable before tax reforms it all depends on news now and you can't expect anything from technical analysis to be realized.

Gbp/Usd seems has lost it upside momentum, hovering around 1.33 level, break above 1.3360 would send the pair back to its bullish trend.

I prefer to trade with the EUR/USD as it is the most traded pair and hence I like to trade with it.

We actually short the USD JPY all the way down, and it was the most profitable the past 2weeks.. I am trying to create a thread with all my analysis but I do not why I cannot ..

4th of December

USDOLLAR - No real change regarding the strategy. While prices are inside this bearish regression channel, we are still looking for selling opportunities in the area 11,989-12,010. In the case of a bearish price action, we will target the Fibonacci expansion levels and the median line. I will keep you updated if the market gives us the expected price action.

Attachments

• 1_USDollar.PNG
    1_USDollar.PNG
    239.7 KB · Views: 257
4th of December

$EURUSD*- We were looking for short opportunities. The Eurusd is currently above a support level this morning but I have no particular recommendation. This is not obvious to buy the pair as long as the price are inside the bearish andrews fork. Below 1.18, I will be looking for selling opportunities. If prices were to break above the andrew’s fork, I will be looking for buying opportunities. Today bias is neutral.

Attachments

• 2_EURUSD.PNG
    2_EURUSD.PNG
    237.8 KB · Views: 278
4th of December

$GBPUSD*If you have followed my last trading plans, you should have a short position on the GBPUSD. As a reminder, The elliott wave invalidation level is 1,3670, and the respective TPs are: 1,34, 1,33, 1,3160 and 1,2920. Prices have reached TP1. GBPUSD is now on a support level. => Protect your position as prices are expected to bounce back.

Attachments

• 3_GBPUSD.PNG
    3_GBPUSD.PNG
    198 KB · Views: 250
4th of December

$USDJPY*If you have followed my recommendation, you should have entered a short position on Friday and reached TP1 (risk reward 1/2). This position was automatically closed out because of the bullish GAP. The trading strategy remains the same. We are still looking for selling opportunities but I have to reconsider the situation to check more precisely if 113,26 -113,41 could be a good resistance to go short. For the time being, nothing to do.

Attachments

• 4_USDJPY.PNG
    4_USDJPY.PNG
    207.3 KB · Views: 266
Technical analysis on the AUD/USD

All my technical analyses on the AUD/USD will be posted here with 1 day of delay. Contact me if you want them in real time.