TC2000 - Review

alyl21

Dear All,

I came across TC2000 a few days ago. I took some time to get familiar with it and found it to be a supreme chart software that does not need download.

I trade with CMC. Use it like another stock broker.

Let me know what you think.

Alex Lew

Dear All,

I came across TC2000 a few days ago. I took some time to get familiar with it and found it to be a supreme chart software that does not need download.

Alex Lew

You did not tell us what you liked specifically.

Fair but only for US stocks basically. Very old scanner. Some people complain about its lack of features like not being able to snap trendlines on charts.

I think Metastock, Amibroker, TS and many others have much better charting than TC2000. The advantage of the latter is its database of fundamental information for US stocks.

Also, another big drawback to using TC2000 is that they don't routinely adjust their data to reflect distributions in stocks and ETFs; only for mutual funds. During times of numerous distributions such as we are experiencing now, a lot of the charts on TC2000 are distorted. If you trade these types of securities on TC2000, and rely on the signals generated to trade, you do so at your own risk because the charts are inaccurate. Peace!

Dear All,

Alex Lew

Yes, I noticed data problems as well. ETF's are not updated to show the correct component stocks, or somtimes they don't have any component stocks at all, even though I can verify the ETF components by going to the ETF web site, like the SPDR's etc. The tech support helps on formula creation, but as far as correcting defects and data errors, support is lacking and they have not responded at all. There is some other weirdness in some of their features, and they are a bit defensive in their posture. Its a good product, just wish they would be less arrogant, and more helpful in resolving their issues. Also their iPad program is lacking, and not ready for prime time.

I know this is an old thread from 2013 but would like to know whether these issues with TC2000 have been resolved