Take 10 pips or hope for breakout?

.............I presume your criticism of Joe was a personal opinion rather than an official t2w perspective on his contribution ?.............

Indeedy :LOL:

And as for you, you naughty lulz merchant :), there's been many a shining diamond amidst the lulz even if it may have pained you to make such insightful contributions.

Well... I suppose it's subjective since it seems to work a lot better than what I was doing before. ie: gambling... It seems to work, since the only real draw down I've had since I started doing it are when I don't follow my rules. You know, gamble type trades or impulsive trades.

I'll have to read the rest of the posts tonight as I'm busy atm.

I was trying to highlight the fact that the statement is meaningless.

I was hoping that if you can see why it is meaningless, then that would resolve the issue.

How are your cable longs getting on a la Cablemonster's thread - ie your methodology to keep buying in a clear downtrend ?

That was exited in the pro-scalping thread owing to superior psychology in there, when the cable thread got decidedly chilly in a loosing streak. I was up and down 150. I was looking for 1000-2000, but it wasn't happening this time. There's always next time, you know.

I have several methods. What you saw was just one. Here's another method. It's a clear down trend too.

156630d1361386718-take-10-pips-hope-breakout-method.jpg

Attachments

• method.jpg
    method.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 588
Yes, I suppose it must be the rarefied atmosphere on that 0.5% cloud that does it. Such a shame that, with that special vision not given to the rest of us, your contributions to the boards are 99.5% (there's that percentage cropping up again :LOL:) destructive with the odd "I know something you don't know" thrown in just to keep the pot boiling. All very helpful to many, I'm sure.

As the official statements checker/verifier, my contributions can only be described as unparalleled. My rendering of statement checking 24/7 really should earn me a sizeable share options allocation from the CEO.

I won't ask for a statement

That only saves the reciprocality. I know how sensitive the statement can be from the last time we discussed about it. But never fear, I stated I wouldn't ask you again. I am a man of my words. Here's my current statement. The manipulators only allowed me to take home 20 out of the 50 pips available on the long. So I want them to pay me some more on the short before I am done.

156634d1361391409-take-10-pips-hope-breakout-statement.jpg

Attachments

• statement.jpg
    statement.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 581
I have a strategy that I can get about 5-20 pips or so pretty easy.

Try to be realistic - it won't help you if you make decisions according to what may be pleasing to imagine instead of reality (unless you believe that positive thinking may positively affect your behaviour and bring better results)

(unless you believe that positive thinking may positively affect your behaviour and bring better results)

I actually do believe that. I mean, every trade you get into could be the best trade you ever make in your entire life. You just have to make sure that you have your parachute on in case things don't go your way.

I don't think that you can do anything in life thinking negatively about it. Why goto school if you're not going to learn anything? Why apply for a job you're never going to get? Why go outside when everyone is just going to laugh at you? And so on and so forth...

You go to school because you want to learn. You apply for that job, because you're a better candidate then the rest. I could go on like this forever...

Just set it up mechanically. Take 2/3 off leave 1/3 to run.

Job done.

Yea, I think I'm going to do some variant of that.

The essential difference is that one knows he is posting garbage - the other doesn't - and believes it too - and I won't spoil things for the one that doesn't by pointing out which is which ! Denial is not only a river in africa.

G/L

That's a bit unfair. As a fellow poster of absolute drivel (and worse, according to your content management team) I have to show a bit of solidarity with Joe. We provide a useful function, allowing others to highlight the error of our ways.

Some of the brightest shining contributions recently at the beacon have been made in direct response to Joes posts.

You might well argue that if it wasn't Joe posting garbage someone else (such as my good self) would. You may be right, but not all members are as resilient in the face of criticism and ridicule as Joe and I.

I presume your criticism of Joe was a personal opinion rather than an official t2w perspective on his contribution ?

The essential difference is that one knows he is posting garbage - the other doesn't - and believes it too - and I won't spoil things for the one that doesn't by pointing out which is which ! Denial is not only a river in africa.

G/L

Noooo, you can't leave us in suspense now. I just gotta know!!!

Peter

Noooo, you can't leave us in suspense now. I just gotta know!!!

Peter

No need for suspense. Be your own judge. I may have gotten myself a 500 pip'er in a 10 pip thread !

156674d1361436469-take-10-pips-hope-breakout-suspense.jpg

Attachments

• suspense.jpg
    suspense.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:
Nice trade.
+1 for Joe.

I don't think you are going to get 500 pips being long yen though. That's just my opinion.

Peter