T2W Logging In Problems - Please Read

Sharky

Staff
Hi everyone,

We're aware that since the relaunch members have had problems staying logged into the site. We think they are now resolved but we need members to do two things:

1. Delete your existing T2W cookies. In order to help you do this we've created a special page from which you can remove just your T2W cookies, and leave everything else intact. Please visit http://www.trade2win.com/boards/mycookies.php and hit the "Delete My Cookies" button at the bottom. The page will refresh, but you don't need to delete the new cookies.

2. Log in to the website and make sure you tick the "Remember Me" checkbox (if it isn't already ticked).

Hopefully you should remain logged in then. If after doing this you're still experiencing problems then please inform us on this thread - thanks.

Hi everyone,

We're aware that since the relaunch members have had problems staying logged into the site. We think they are now resolved but we need members to do two things:

1. Delete your existing T2W cookies. In order to help you do this we've created a special page from which you can remove just your T2W cookies, and leave everything else intact. Please visit http://www.trade2win.com/boards/mycookies.php and hit the "Delete My Cookies" button at the bottom. The page will refresh, but you don't need to delete the new cookies.

2. Log in to the website and make sure you tick the "Remember Me" checkbox (if it isn't already ticked).

Hopefully you should remain logged in then. If after doing this you're still experiencing problems then please inform us on this thread - thanks.

Seems to be OK now (since early hours) Did have horrendous problems over the past two days with continual being logged out.

I must say, you chaps get on with the job..

I have had major problems too, not with being logged out, but receiving emails of new postings from threads that I am subscribed too.

I have emailed info@ a few times, and a cool guy call Eamonn has helped me, he reset my account...but still no emails. :(

I will email him again.

Altern8

its started working again properly for me now since i deleted cookies & saved passowrds etc. in FireFox & IE7.

I've made a further change, as a precaution please follow the instructions above again. Delete cookies and relogin with remember set to yes. Hopefully this is the last and final update on the matter - and everything should be fine in future.

Trading is 10% bad luck and 90% somebody else’s fault.
OMG after reading this quote I swear i am on the floor laughing ,, It is simply the best quote I have ever seen lol

Trading is 10% bad luck and 90% somebody else’s fault.

.....before in my IE7 the logo of T2W was the old type....after flushing the cookies etc....the logo has changed to the new one.....I think that is the sign that the right cookie is in place.....

I've made a further change, as a precaution please follow the instructions above again. Delete cookies and relogin with remember set to yes. Hopefully this is the last and final update on the matter - and everything should be fine in future.

Oh really - that's interesting. If you're in IE sometimes you need to do a Ctrl-refresh (shift-refresh in firefox) to pull new images/stylesheets - as otherwise they get cached.

Further update: If you had it set to Improved Readability BEFORE we went live with the new site, then when you logged in - all you'd get is a white page. This has now been fixed - everyone should be able to access the site fully - at last! Apologies for these teething problems, hopefully that's all of the logging in ones!

Paul,

I don't seem to be able to upload any charts, i.e. a pair of .gifs that I tried to attach to a thread about the Dow earlier. Any ideas, or is it just me being dumb?

Cheers

Mayfly

Not dumb - you're right there was a problem. But we've fixed it now. I think it was an update we made yesterday that broke it. Apologies for that, everything is fine now though :)

has there been some techincal probs overnight?

the last post y'day was at around 10:30pm, and first post this morning at 8:50 or so.

has T2W been off-line overnight?

Yes, we were offline for some time, unnoticed because none of the admins were about. I rebooted several times this morning which seems to have fixed it; trying to find out now why it seems to be doing this so frequently.

T2W offline from 10pm last night (31 Aug) and again late morning (1 Sept).