Stock screening and scanning for consolidation

adz

Hello

Has anyone managed to program a stock screener that successfully shows markets that are in a period of consolidation ?
What conditions did you use ?

Thanks

finviz.com is the best free online screener I've found. I've been to others, but I forget their addresses.

I am looking for recent leader stocks that should perform well on a bull day in the market based on upgrades, high volume, newly increased earnings and increased sales.

I also an looking for recent laggards who are in an underperforming sector, or have suffered a recent setback, including management upheaval, loss of sales or contracts, and lower earnings and sales.

I need 1-4 good ideas for both leaders and laggards, every day.

Hello

Has anyone managed to program a stock screener that successfully shows markets that are in a period of consolidation ?
What conditions did you use ?

Thanks

Try strong increase in volume during up-move and strong increase in volume during down-move, also known as strong accumulation and strong distribution. To spot mathematically you may use VO (Volume Oscillator), PVO (Percentage Volume Oscillator) and or MVO (Market volume oscillator). The last one differentiate bullish and bearish volume surges.

For a stock screener based on volume consolidation, go to marketvolume dot com - they have it. Sorry, cannot provide a link as this forum does not allow it by some reason.