Specific Indicators for Trend Measurement

ab456

There are a few threads about similar topics already. But I am trying to specifically make a list of ONLY those indicators that are easy to QUANTIFY and which do not need any SUBJECTIVE ANALYSIS.

I am NOT Looking for those indicators in which we have to Visually Track the chart in order to decide about the trend.

I am aware that there are no perfect answers for Trend Identification that works like magic, but still I think that a few indicators can help a bit.

If you are aware of any book or any link that gives info regarding Trending Indicators and their practical use then please share that info here.

Or if you like any particular indicator for this work then please guide.

Thanks a lot

There are a few threads about similar topics already. But I am trying to specifically make a list of ONLY those indicators that are easy to QUANTIFY and which do not need any SUBJECTIVE ANALYSIS.

I am NOT Looking for those indicators in which we have to Visually Track the chart in order to decide about the trend.

I am aware that there are no perfect answers for Trend Identification that works like magic, but still I think that a few indicators can help a bit.

If you are aware of any book or any link that gives info regarding Trending Indicators and their practical use then please share that info here.

Or if you like any particular indicator for this work then please guide.

Thanks a lot
Hi ab456,
Welcome to T2W.

When you say: "ONLY those indicators that are easy to QUANTIFY and which do not need any SUBJECTIVE ANALYSIS", I assume you mean something other than manually drawn trendlines or, even, moving averages which are a dynamic version of the same thing? If so, I recommend you look at Point & Figure charts, 3 Line Break and Renko charts. All of these ignore the passage of time, filter out noise and allow the dominant trend to prevail. If the time element is important to you because, for example, you want to relate current price action to a candlestick or bar chart, consider Heikin-Ashi charts. Any of the above will help to keep you on the right side of the trend.

If you're not familiar with any or all of them, here are some good explanations: StockCharts - Chart Analysis.
HTH.
Tim.

PS: the article we've just published today may offer another alternative worth considering: Using Volume Candles to Let Profits Run

Last edited: