Should vendors only be allowed to post a 'vendor section'

Should vendors only be allowed to post in a 'vendor section'

• Yes

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
how does this sort of stuff get through....

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...ding-general-chat-lounge-936.html#post1925950

why is there no minimum posts before you can post a link like every other forum?
why is there no bot sweeping the threads for this sort of crap like every other forum?

shirley there is technology out there to scan text and reverse it to work out its been google translated possibly by a bot and then get the poster to verify their existence.

nice cheap trainers though.

there is a bot which snares a lot of them (14 this morning) but some get through - gone now

I've gone back on T2W's history quite a bit when I joined and after the locals all kept talking about certain individuals.

Trader_Dante, Socrates, Black Swan, Oilfxtrader, etc. the lot. T2W has had a colourful history. (y)

'course, I ain't sayin' Benji isn't a nic. Just that I don't think it's too suspicious to check out forum history if you hang around at all.

Do you not think the membership is a bit more savvy now?

I get flamed to sh!t for putting forward arguments as to why stuff like "pin bars" won't work when applied mechanically. Hell, this thread started because I questioned things. Someone got upset because I posted a totally rational (although some will agrue incorrect) argument as to why I think a lot of textbook TA is nonsense.

The old "Pin Bar" epic thread wouldn't have got half as far nowadays because people are a bit more savvy.

Plus - you have the guy that started this thread - who is all over the site saying that 'edges are everywhere' and how he's a big swinging d!ck, now admitting he rarely has up weeks.

He was on Jons thread being the expert on stat arb when on another thread he's saying how he'd just started reading up on it a few weeks earlier. He's saying my posts are nonsense?

And people like me are the problem? Fnck that - it's the dishonest people pretending they are something they aren't is the problem. Doesn't matter if they are vendors or not tbh.

Now - also - whilst we are here. Let me address this "T2W won't change the rules because of 2 vendors". I think that's me & Mr Charts or is it NVP? Fook knows.

For sure, I am one. Me being the one that always pisses off the mods.... ok then.... let's go there....

Can you guys explain something to me? You think that T2W has to implement rules of 5 words or less? Do you not think, with the powers of human intellect, that they could oust vendors but keep a couple of favourites if they wanted to? Do you think the ruleset they implemented would be beyond the wit of man?

If they wanted to oust some & not others, it could be done very easily, so purleeze - stop with all this '2 insider favourites'.

PS - Timsk, C_V - crate of Bolly on the way to both of you, Steve - I hope those Russian hookers hit the spot, Jon - I couldn't find seven felching dwarfes I'm afraid.

PPS - ChocolateDigestive - you've been on ignore for a number of days, I wont be able to read your reply but I love you too...

The old "Pin Bar" epic thread wouldn't have got half as far nowadays because people are a bit more savvy.

I dont know about that. Systems and methodology have never really been t2w's strong point, it was always the psychological side where they excelled. Consequentially there was never anyone who could be arsed to debunk a lot of this nonsense.

I wont name names cos its a sore point and all that, but there have been other long standing vendor threads in more recent times where an element of retrospective discretion has been applied to "intelligent nonsense", and those threads where consumed hook, line and sinker.

I was looking at some of t2w's web stats earlier this week, and a couple of those kind of threads still do seam to appear to be quite popular.

The formula is tried and tested, those techniques worked hundreds of years ago, and they continue to work today. Human psychology doesn't really change.

I would be interested to know why you think people are more savvy ? Have you checked out the Senen Pousa thread lately ?

I wont name names cos its a sore point and all that, but there have been other long standing vendor threads in more recent times where an element of retrospective discretion has been applied to "intelligent nonsense", and those threads where consumed hook, line and sinker.

You remind me somewhat of DBC Pierre. This is a beatifully written sentence. You should try your hand at fiction IMO. No sarcasm intended.

I would be interested to know why you think people are more savvy ? Have you checked out the Senen Pousa thread lately ?

Well true enough on the Semen Pousa - that thread is so long I do peek occasionally but it's not a trading discussion.

I was referring more to discussions on technique - which, as you say, do not really appear that much. I believe that if the 'epic pin bar' thread was started nowadays, it would not gain the traction and attention it did back then. I think people on the site are more critical of simple techniques put forward here.

Of course, some of us do get lynched for being cynical.

Now - also - whilst we are here. Let me address this "T2W won't change the rules because of 2 vendors"..

This is one of the problems that t2w really does need to address.

When CV, Barjon, Timsk, or Trader33 posts, we dont actually know if the opinion being expressed is a personal opinion, or t2w policy. Although most of them drink the t2w cool aid their personal opinions have been known to differ at times

What is relevant, is that a number of the people named above have commented that a vendor cess pit would be unfair to certain vendors, and IIRC your name was given as an example.

The problem is we dont know if this was "t2w's" opinion, or just a personally held view

Not knowing if you are tackling an individual, or a corporate representative is awkward at times.

The "some are more equal than others" policy has worked for years, but if you introduced clear distinctions such as a cess pit, I think it would cause discontent. For a start, every other vendor would question why they where being discriminated against. It happened with the badged / un-badged vendor thing. Applying positive discrimination is making a rod for their own back,

Plus - you have the guy that started this thread - who is all over the site saying that 'edges are everywhere' and how he's a big swinging d!ck, now admitting he rarely has up weeks.

He was on Jons thread being the expert on stat arb when on another thread he's saying how he'd just started reading up on it a few weeks earlier. He's saying my posts are nonsense?

And people like me are the problem? Fnck that - it's the dishonest people pretending they are something they aren't is the problem. Doesn't matter if they are vendors or not tbh.

Now - also - whilst we are here. Let me address this "T2W won't change the rules because of 2 vendors". I think that's me & Mr Charts or is it NVP? Fook knows.

For sure, I am one. Me being the one that always pisses off the mods.... ok then.... let's go there....

Can you guys explain something to me? You think that T2W has to implement rules of 5 words or less? Do you not think, with the powers of human intellect, that they could oust vendors but keep a couple of favourites if they wanted to? Do you think the ruleset they implemented would be beyond the wit of man?

If they wanted to oust some & not others, it could be done very easily, so purleeze - stop with all this '2 insider favourites'.

PS - Timsk, C_V - crate of Bolly on the way to both of you, Steve - I hope those Russian hookers hit the spot, Jon - I couldn't find seven felching dwarfes I'm afraid.

PPS - ChocolateDigestive - you've been on ignore for a number of days, I wont be able to read your reply but I love you too...

Once again more drivvle from the indicator salesman. I don't recollect ever having said I rarely had up weeks. I said I am green for the year. At least I trade, you sell indicators and pretend to trade. Lol. I was not on Jons thread proclaiming to be an expert I was merely correcting your 'intelligent nonsense' posts with my limited knowledge. Let's not forget that your opening gambit was 'why are spreads safer?'

toast - just admit you can't trade and your indicator is a sham. Feel free to disprove with a statement. Of course we will never see that! Lol

PS how many indicators have you sold this week? How is Joel? Vendor lulz

At this juncture, I think a quote from DBC Pierre is apt.

"Nicolah watched Blair brooding, balding, puckering like an anus, on command from middle-English genes, fusty, bile-sodden genes leering envy and fear."

There - killed 2 birds with one stone.

Should we close the thread on that high note?

When CV, Barjon, Timsk, or Trader33 posts, we dont actually know if the opinion being expressed is a personal opinion, or t2w policy. Although most of them drink the t2w cool aid their personal opinions have been known to differ at times
Hi the hare,
I'm aware that this could, potentially, be an issue and, consequently, I try and make it clear whether I'm posting a personal comment or an official one. I'm sure there are a few posts where this isn't clear - but I'd like to think they are few and far between. If there are any specific posts you have in mind that you feel are ambiguous - just let me know and I'll clarify my position.
Tim.

Hi the hare,
I'm aware that this could, potentially, be an issue and, consequently, I try and make it clear whether I'm posting a personal comment or an official one. I'm sure there are a few posts where this isn't clear - but I'd like to think they are few and far between. If there are any specific posts you have in mind that you feel are ambiguous - just let me know and I'll clarify my position.
Tim.

To be fair Tim, you usually do via either the comment section or occasionally by PM. I just think there has to be a cleaner solution.

Timsk, is that your official opinion or your T2W opinion ?

Honestly people, Timsk is just an amiable fella doing a job. Don't over analyze everything he says, he is not a lawyer. Can we not shoot the sh!t? Be a little more light hearted? Appreciate the imperfection of things?

We are traders after all, not everything is black or white.

Even I am beginning to think my sense of humour isn't universal....

I get flamed to sh!t for putting forward arguments as to why stuff like "pin bars" won't work when applied mechanically. Hell, this thread started because I questioned things. Someone got upset because I posted a totally rational (although some will agrue incorrect) argument as to why I think a lot of textbook TA is nonsense.

I'm not sure what you mean by "savvy". As far as I've seen, the regulars know a bit more, intermediate traders are still working on their method, and newbies come and go, some richer, some poorer.

Tbh, the same cycle always repeats itself, but with different members. I do my best at helping newbies not lose their $5k starting stake, though. I would like to think I helped a couple guys keep their shirt, at least.

DT, the spot was very much hit, thank you. I think I got the best deal of the three.

Hare, personal vs T2W opinion, I can see your point. I think it is pretty clear with mods, they are independent so I think by definition their opinions must be personal?

With the 'staff' I suppose the easiest way is to declare it but that will not be foolproof as I'm sure we'll forget from time to time.

Hare, personal vs T2W opinion, I can see your point. I think it is pretty clear with mods, they are independent so I think by definition their opinions must be personal?

I see where you are coming from, but I do think the fact that someone has an official position as a moderator tends to modify their behavior, and that they do have a tendency to accept a collective responsibility.

Lightening McQueen for example (an ex moderator) has made comments about enjoying the freedom to express opinions regarding certain vendors now that hes "on the other side". That kind of implies that quite understandably, there's something of an us and them culture. How can there not be ?

Only yesterday Counter Violent made a comment about giving up his moderator position should a particular ex member be reinstated, in order to participate in what might be described as "a full and frank exchange of views". It seams to me that he would NOT be comfortable engaging in that type of debate as a moderator.

I do think that occasionally views that are expressed publicly and privately do differ, but then again, that probably applies to all of us at one time or another.

Perhaps the solution is anonymous moderators. That way they can do their job but still participate without the baggage