Should vendors only be allowed to post a 'vendor section'

Should vendors only be allowed to post in a 'vendor section'

• Yes

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey good sales Job there, must have generated a few clicks. Of course you not biased :LOL: loving the false negative where you say you know people who who rip others off but you choose not too. extra points for you. lol.

But by explaining who you are people are free to come to their own conclusions. Even if it reveals more about them in reality. ;)

I don't personally see the harm in vendors posting. If it is clear advertising then other users will chime in and if the product is turd then they are soon found out.

As much harm can be done by none vendors ramping their own book up or by promoting incorrect facts.

The most important factor is transparency at the end of the day.

For Gawd's sake, peebee, must you see conspiracy in everything. What about trying, just a teensy bit, to be constructive and suspend judgement for a bit until Steve comes up with something.

Unfortunately I'm normally right. How many times did you tell me to 'just give them a chance' and it didnt end up being a total scam? Can you name even one?

Unfortunately I'm normally right. How many times did you tell me to 'just give them a chance' and it didnt end up being a total scam? Can you name even one?

Has there ever been a single educator or system sellers whose claims have stacked up? Even one?

i think t2w should only endorse/partner/etc vendors if said vendor agrees to doing stuff which will help promote transparency among the vendor community.

for example vendors should have to do a series of live webinars open to all t2w members. and why would they not want to as its a great marketing tool. they must also live trade showing their mad skillz or rad products helping them to make money, or at least get someone else to demo it (maybe even one of us). it will at least lift the veil of secrecy, and will help establish the the poo from the good.

we all know that a couple of losing / winning trades doth not make a trader bad / good. It would just be interesting to see them under a bit of pressure, in front of an audience, and how they deal with it and to see the product service first hand / trialled by an 'expert'. respect will be shown, of course, even if you do not believe the product/service is of any value we can see if the person is talking croc or not.

I don't think we would be the best audience for them though, and i have a feeling that no vendor wld ever agree to such absurd demands. but stranger things have happened (eg gazza in a dressing gown with a chicken, fishing rod, and can of lager for raoul moat).

it may work, t2w creating a wonderfully altruistic vendor/trader harmonic community where we all love each other, and pm sweet pics of rainbows and butterflies and fairies and other such lovely stuff all day long.

ah i just remembered this is all a fantasy. damn, wake up!

Anybody? Can anybody think of one (educator or system seller) whose claims have been verified or proven in some way?

Jon, you always stress the need to give the benefit of the doubt - can you think of one?

I know one trader who occasionally teaches people that have 3/4 years live trading experience. He has sold his systems in the past, but he's very much genuine and has the results to prove it. I've no intention of naming him, as he won't want the attention, and these things can and do become witch-hunts. But rest assured, there is at least one.

Just to clarify I don't say just give them a chance about wild claims, but about giving the thread a chance to talk about the strategy involved which can be interesting and which, if it can be torn down with constructive reasoning, is a lot better for warning newbies than a lot of wild yah-booing. Not talking about the outright scam merchants here, of course, and I don't think I've ever said that to you in the face of the factual evidence that you come up with.

I know one trader who occasionally teaches people that have 3/4 years live trading experience. He has sold his systems in the past, but he's very much genuine and has the results to prove it. I've no intention of naming him, as he won't want the attention, and these things can and do become witch-hunts. But rest assured, there is at least one.

names or gtfo

I'm sure there are some, but they don't advertise to the masses nor make lofty unsubstantiated claims. They can't be found because generally they find and choose who they want to teach.

Peter

Just to clarify I don't say just give them a chance about wild claims, but about giving the thread a chance to talk about the strategy involved which can be interesting and which, if it can be torn down with constructive reasoning, is a lot better for warning newbies than a lot of wild yah-booing. Not talking about the outright scam merchants here, of course, and I don't think I've ever said that to you in the face of the factual evidence that you come up with.

hehe..careful what you say, Jon. I smell a few links coming up that say otherwise. :LOL:

Peter

Not talking about the outright scam merchants here, of course.

Examples of threads who where given a chance include Mr Spreadbetting and WallStreet1928.

They certainly generated some quality lulz, but can you honestly say those threads where in any way beneficial ? (other than to them and your ad revenue)

Any attempt to educate by critical questioning or constructive criticism was simply not possible because the vendor would not engage in debate

I'm sure there are some, but they don't advertise to the masses nor make lofty unsubstantiated claims. They can't be found because generally they find and choose who they want to teach.

Peter

Unfortunately, in some eyes, the mere fact that they teach is a lofty and wild claim in itself :)

they already have all that and much more besides, well maybe not the 30s between posts bit? but the rest yes. though funnily enough isn't there a delay built into the reporting? is it a minute between post reports? can't remember :whistling

Then there ain't much more I can offer. There's plenty of stuff you can do for the purely automated 'bots, but not much you can do once a human comes into the picture. That stuff needs to be dealt with manually most times.

However, on that subject, much more can be done. I just had a look at the staff/mod list and I only see 3 global mods (assuming these are the individuals in charge of cleaning up the forums and the staff isn't concerned with 'bots)!

We are at least thrice that number of mods at the forum I go to, and we get about 1/3rd of T2W's traffic! All of us have a duty of keeping things neat and tidy.

My immediate suggestion on this is to assign mod status to a couple good heads and respected members on here willing to clean stuff up. A good rule of thumb on a medium-large board like this one is 1 respected mod per sub-forum, imo.

All this is, of course, if T2W does need more help on hand.

Then there ain't much more I can offer. There's plenty of stuff you can do for the purely automated 'bots, but not much you can do once a human comes into the picture. That stuff needs to be dealt with manually most times.

However, on that subject, much more can be done. I just had a look at the staff/mod list and I only see 3 global mods (assuming these are the individuals in charge of cleaning up the forums and the staff isn't concerned with 'bots)!

We are at least thrice that number of mods at the forum I go to, and we get about 1/3rd of T2W's traffic! All of us have a duty of keeping things neat and tidy.

My immediate suggestion on this is to assign mod status to a couple good heads and respected members on here willing to clean stuff up. A good rule of thumb on a medium-large board like this one is 1 respected mod per sub-forum, imo.

All this is, of course, if T2W does need more help on hand.

You are #1 on the nomination list :)

Peter

My immediate suggestion on this is to assign mod status to a couple good heads and respected members on here

The first thing such noobs will do is to start banning people they don't like or disagree with currently or in the past. Definitely not a good idea for a forum that has only 25 active members.

I reckon people should concentrate on their tarding instead of trying to run a forum. Any more stricter forum rules, then even that that remaining 25 members will become MIA.

I remember a time not all that long ago when no holes were barred and there were plenty more people playing. Good old days they were.

You are #1 on the nomination list :)

Peter

Yaaargh, I'm not sure I'd want the extra workload. When **** hits the fan, it hits the fan alright. Still, thanks for the nomination. xD

Now, I'm not sure I'd turn down the invitation if offered, and most members agree I'd be ok. I think I'd get a better look into how this trading industry thing works, so that would be cool.

There are still some issues with this:

1) Mods need to be respected members. It's all good and well to take on "good heads on their shoulders" (and we do need them), but you also need individuals who can legitimately get respect.

2) I'm still a newbie trader, and I think all 3 global mods are experienced traders in their own right. Since this is a trading-related forum, I think a lot of mod respect derives from this.

For this reason, I think guys like Wackypete and Robster would be better choices, frankly. :)

OK, so who wants to nominate themselves to be a moderator? I can certainly say you will be looking after a very different community if all the things we want to improve can be done. If you want to moderate now then you'll have a chance to shape some of that.

I do of course understand that it is deeds not words that matter so you may want to watch and wait for a while, either way you know where I am.

If you are interested let me know publicly or privately and we can explore it further.

That sounds very different - I don't doubt that there are some successful people who teach others of their choosing. I am talking about those who have actively advertised, who frequent the boards looking for business etc.

In any case, we have one allegation of an individual who cannot be named.

Flashy has challenged umpteen vendors over the years - it seems to be something of a hobby for him, like Joe's enthusiasm for statements - and he cannot name one who qualifies. With the vast number he has asked (always politely and in a friendly fashion) you would have thought that one at least would have given him something. But no.

Jon has replied to other posts, and has chosen not to answer, so I assume he is unwilling to state that there are any.

This does not look promising.

Not one capable of being named, thus far. What if I had asked for names of vendors that have been exposed as liars or at least have provided no evidence of success and whose activities and claims raise very serious questions? Can you imagine the deluge if I asked for that? I don't think the servers would cope, to be honest.

I think the truth here is as clear as slapoopies.