Scrolling through 1000s of charts quickly ...

Big_P

Hi all,

I'm looking for some charting software where I can scroll through 1000s of different charts very quickly. I'll explain a bit further ....

I was listening to one of Aaron Fiflield's "Chat with Traders" podcasts a while back. There was a guy being interviewed who was explaining that he would scroll through thousands of charts each day to look for setups (I think he looked at as many as 5000 each day!) Whilst that sounds like a hell of a lot, he explained that he only needed 1-2 seconds on each chart. A decent set-up will jump out of the screen at you, so it only takes a second to recognise.

Unfortunately, I didn't note down which charting package he was using and I can't remember which podcast it was.

Did anybody listen to this podcast or can they point me in the direction of a charting package where I can access 1000s of charts - but most importantly - that I can scroll through (using the mouse wheel or a quick click) in a similar manner?

I'd be happy to pay a subscription for a decent provider. Since I started trading, I've always used eSignal but I'm ready for a change and to see what else is out there...

Does anybody have any recommendations please?

Many thanks,

Big_P

I use Metastock & this is easily done by holding down the alt key and pressing right arrow: the charts load instantly and the speed of changing charts is only limited by how quickly you can press/re-press the right arrow key. Alternatively you can left click on the "next chart arrow" But that's a lot slower and can make your wrist tired. I've just checked my copy of Ami-broker charting and it has the same facility.

I use Metastock & this is easily done by holding down the alt key and pressing right arrow: the charts load instantly and the speed of changing charts is only limited by how quickly you can press/re-press the right arrow key. Alternatively you can left click on the "next chart arrow" But that's a lot slower and can make your wrist tired. I've just checked my copy of Ami-broker charting and it has the same facility.

Excellent, thanks 0007

This is my first post in this forum. I go through 4000+ charts of the NYSE after each trading day using Amibroker. I use Yahoo Finance daily data. I write down all ticker symbols that have potential. I can write AFL (Amibroker script language) to screen the stock database but I prefer to look at the charts so that I can have the feel for the overall market. Believe you me, once you get used to reading the chart, you can reading each in less than a second. Just press the arrow down key and Amibroker will flip through the charts fast. Be warned, Amibroker is not as intuitive as compare to other software. But once you get through the learning curve, it's a breeze. Please use the demo version and give it a try.