Scammed for £70,000 by IG Index!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
indeed it does say male in profile, not sure what that fuss was about??

so adz2k11 are we to presume you got your gender wrong in the i g application as well?

Reactions: tar
yes he was banned, it was only short term, on return from the cooler he left in the best non-flounce ever.

anyhow this is all interesting stuff, best of luck to the op on this (y)
Maybe he/she decided to make money trading instead of spending time here.:)

Maybe that's what she did when she joined IG , she applied as a male by mistake then when they asked for the documents she turned to be a female so they took it as an excuse and they took the 70K and closed her account !

That'll be a good enough reason for T2W to delete the thread.

ADZ2K11,

I think you're losing the audience here a bit. Like I tried to advise earlier allegations without proof are pretty much counter productive.

I was questioning why people were presuming I was male based purely on my post alone!

You don't think some of them maybe looked at your profile before commenting and therefore didn't jump to conclusions? Attention to detail and all that.

Back on to topic, will post evidence when I am home and have had chance to delete my personal details. Thanks

Im not a "professional" trader if you mean I do this for a living.

Then there could be suspicion you were trading on inside info because you didn't lose like the non-professionals were supposed to. Once you post up your trades, that would give a better idea why the suspicion might arise. For instance, if you had a large number of consecutive winners, that would be suspicious. I vaguely remember getting email from IG implying I was a professional because I had some high frequency trades and consecutive winners once.

Also I find it very rude and ignorant that people presume i'm a male?

I am the official verifier of gender and other related matters around here. Send me your recent photo, and I will certify your gender for you. Then there would be no more confusion from people.

Last edited:
Seems there's a few unhappy customers, no surprise really.

IG Index reviews | The fight begins

Hi PBoyles,

When you have 5 minutes spare check out this link a little further. It doesn't seem as clear cut or honest as it appears. The registrant of this site is Richard Abel at Hartland Drive, Middlesex.

This guy has also been (among many other dissolved companies) including Global Trade Consultants Ltd. Unfortunately and is as usually the case, no evidence has been provided. There is also a back link to a site called 35pip.com which is a broker/trading related site.

@Thread
Out of the millions of transactions the IG carry out there will always be unhappy customers, even more so when money and dreams are involved.

As a happy customer of IG of many (may I add - profitable years with withdrawals made monthly/quarterly) I have not experienced nor have my few trading friends and many contacts any things of a 'dodgy' nature. Mistakes - Yes but being scammed, ripped off of anything of wrong doing a definite - no.

The OP will have to provide evidence if what they say is true, lets face it - If IG really are scam artists then everyone that uses SB's are screwed. IG is renowned for being the longest standing and one of the most highly credible in it's field.

Lets see what the OP comes back with. My suggestion is to post absolute everything and show IG for what they are (In her experience).

Lee Shepherd

Correction/clarification of my post above - Global Trade Consultants is (was) not related in any way to trading financial instruments. - company now dissolved

Lee

Hi PBoyles,

When you have 5 minutes spare check out this link a little further. It doesn't seem as clear cut or honest as it appears. The registrant of this site is Richard Abel at Hartland Drive, Middlesex.

This guy has also been (among many other dissolved companies) including Global Trade Consultants Ltd. Unfortunately and is as usually the case, no evidence has been provided. There is also a back link to a site called 35pip.com which is a broker/trading related site.

@Thread
Out of the millions of transactions the IG carry out there will always be unhappy customers, even more so when money and dreams are involved.

As a happy customer of IG of many (may I add - profitable years with withdrawals made monthly/quarterly) I have not experienced nor have my few trading friends and many contacts any things of a 'dodgy' nature. Mistakes - Yes but being scammed, ripped off of anything of wrong doing a definite - no.

The OP will have to provide evidence if what they say is true, lets face it - If IG really are scam artists then everyone that uses SB's are screwed. IG is renowned for being the longest standing and one of the most highly credible in it's field.

Lets see what the OP comes back with. My suggestion is to post absolute everything and show IG for what they are (In her experience).

Lee Shepherd

Checked out the Whois earlier, if he's up to no good he's not covering his tracks very well. I'll look a little deeper as per your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.