Scammed for £70,000 by IG Index!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could he have traded with no funds in his account? His main crime was making money and not losing it.

Assuming of course what he alleges is true and not some made up yarn by The Leopard using yet another user name.

IG Index DO NOT ask for ID and statement on account opening, anyone can open an account in seconds, its all electronic checks. I thought it was rather odd they would ask me AFTER i'd deposited funds via card but maybe I was abit naive in thinking this was a normal procedure.

Assuming of course what he alleges is true and not some made up yarn by The Leopard using yet another user name.
Well, we will probably soon find out how sincere he/she is. SCAM is a very strong world to use, and you have to provide evidence that support your claim, otherwise you will not be taken seriously, especially with no record of earlier posts.

Ok letter will be up in a hour or so, along with the transaction ledger... Can understand why people might not believe it, i still cannot believe a company can do this! Letter and transaction history will prove all

Its not so much that we don't believe you, its more about being able to argue that this thread shouldn't be deleted. If there is proof of what you say then its harder for a forum to delete your allegations. You can be quite sure IG will be screaming to get this deleted tomorrow.

Ok letter will be up in a hour or so, along with the transaction ledger... Can understand why people might not believe it, i still cannot believe a company can do this! Letter and transaction history will prove all

Give the financial-ombudsman a call first thing in the morning :
0300 123 9 123 or 0800 023 4567
It is good to post your experience across discussion boards but that wouldn't bring back your money ...

We, will probably soon find out how sincere this is. SCAM is a very strong world to use, and you have to provide evidence that support your claim, otherwise you will not be taken seriously, especially with no record of earlier posts.

That's what I'm telling him, no proof and he's wasting his time because this thread will be gone in the morning. He hasnt posted before but he has been a member since February.

IG Index DO NOT ask for ID and statement on account opening, anyone can open an account in seconds, its all electronic checks. I thought it was rather odd they would ask me AFTER i'd deposited funds via card but maybe I was abit naive in thinking this was a normal procedure.

Myabe for UK residents that is true they make electronic checks and when you try to withdraw they can ask for paper proof if they want , but for over seas clients like me they asked for notarized bills and documents before they gave me the login details ...

Yes Black Swan was a good contributor to this forum. I never understood why T2W banned him. Yes he went little bit too far at times in expressing himself, but really, it was quite harmless.

yes he was banned, it was only short term, on return from the cooler he left in the best non-flounce ever.

anyhow this is all interesting stuff, best of luck to the op on this (y)

What will take an hour? I hope you're not photoshopping it.

Reactions: tar
That's what I'm telling him, no proof and he's wasting his time because this thread will be gone in the morning. He hasnt posted before but he has been a member since February.

Will people please calm down, i will post ledger history and the letter when I am home. Also I find it very rude and ignorant that people presume i'm a male?

People are trying to help you here. And you're getting upset that they might assume you're male? Come on...

Will people please calm down, i will post ledger history and the letter when I am home. Also I find it very rude and ignorant that people presume i'm a male?
I also said he/she.:) I wonder who has to calm down? On such a title on a thread nothing else is to be expected.

I apologies , anyway i think it has to do with the punting mentality hence the jump from 35K to 102K in a short period of time , were you trading binaries ?

Attachments

• ig index.jpg
    ig index.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 615
Status
Not open for further replies.