Scalping ideas

mr.marcus said:
......scalping here is being used with a broader brush stroke obviously....it doesnt matter what sort of trader you are...no label will make you a success...so from that aspect i argue the term is irrelevant(to me anyway).we know the sort of ideas were gonna discuss here within this lose definition. i would however be interested in a strict definition as a matter of interest.also hoping stevet/twalker can help with making the most cost wise personally......cheers mark j :cool:
Mr.marcus, I get the impression you're doing some good stuff scalp-wise and also doing it while covering your action in a chat-room.

As you seem to be of the 'retail' variety (which according to a few disqualifies you from being termed a scalper) I for one would be interested, definitions rolled up and put in a suitcase in the attic aside, how you're making money doing this. If you're willing to disclose your methods in this rather more staid and static medium your comments would be appreciated.

Just to add to a really old debate I must say that the only method I think is viable & the only one I am comfortable with is the one described by TraderPattern. I find every trade I put on I am anxious about all the time. I also find that any retracement can kill your profits. It is also true that stops have to be taken instantly. I also have a belief that most short term trading is near random. Therefore the techniques described cover all of these points. You could trade this on random data - its is really just money management in its purest form - with an entry on higher probability. I hope I can become profitable doing it - at the moment I tend to break even - due mainly to overtrading.

Very interesting TradePattern, may I ask what your background is? Have you always been a scalper, or have you tried other strategies / instruments as well? If the latter is the right answer, why did you decide for futures and scalping?

Thanks.

Since this thread was started, wannagetstacked (Nathan) put together a fine thread on his sub-minute forex trading techniques. I advise anyone who looks at that thread to ignore several of my more embarrasing posts there, and concentrate on Nathans example of real trades entered and exited and how and why he does it. Pure price action. No volume, no LVL II, no nuttin' ! I Still don't know how he does it, but if you are interested in the very short term, you'll enjoy this thread in the TA forums.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=12692

JO

Hi everyone,

Take an ID futs+ 5 min candles+A slow stoch+a 250min MMA+roses and wine for your lovely girlfriends.

Enter the trade : long, only if ascending slope of mma, enter when stoch breaks its 40 line

Short, MMA down, break the line "60"

Exit the trade: close of the fourth candle after the entry one.

+/- 70 procent winning trades.

Alexis

Alexis,
Please can you explain what you are on about.
ID futs?
MMA?
lovely girlfriend?

Have you been working on this amazing sounding system since 18-april?

Sorry,

It was late in the night, and lovely girlfriend was asking me to shut the computer down, so I was in a hurry.

MMA is modified moving average (kaufman), but you can use an exponantial one, just use it to indicate current trend, and of course trading with this trend!

ID futs stands for "intraday" "futures". If someone interested, I have a document.doc(word) of serious backtesting of this methods (that becomes a system, if backtested!) on the fce.If you're interested...

works good, but need improvement. your job, people!

Lovely grlfd is blonde ,of course, but I may admit it's a matter of taste :devilish:

I'm a student --> no intraday. I swing french stocks.

This method works in all time frames, it's a trend following method... :idea:

Alexis

AlexisD said:
Sorry,

It was late in the night, and lovely girlfriend was asking me to shut the computer down, so I was in a hurry.

MMA is modified moving average (kaufman), but you can use an exponantial one, just use it to indicate current trend, and of course trading with this trend!

ID futs stands for "intraday" "futures". If someone interested, I have a document.doc(word) of serious backtesting of this methods (that becomes a system, if backtested!) on the fce.If you're interested...

works good, but need improvement. your job, people!

Lovely grlfd is blonde ,of course, but I may admit it's a matter of taste :devilish:

hi Alexis,

Iam a newbie on stock trading and on learning ropes, can you send me the document which u mentioned in this thread, would be useful fo rme....
[email protected] cheers viswa