SB account replaces my pension.

Salty,

I didnt see a dip in the FTSE yesterday that would yield 25 points.

Sure there were some smaller dips, but you couldnt really
trade those with a SB account.

Oh, you claim it was only one trade yesterday!
Care to post you entry and exit points?

Salty,

I believe your claims .

The fact that you have disclosed your acctual account ballance why dont you post up a screen shot of the SB account that should then silence your critics.

DonaldDuke - I exited the trade yesterday. Entered last week. Duh.

And no, I have neither the time nor the inclination to post my trades.

I also have no worries as to whether I am believed or not so if you wish to debate whether or not I am a liar, please feel free to continue wasting your time while I now go about my trading activities and make some more money.

Au revoir.

OK Salty you just lie down and go back to sleep. Isn't that when you make your money?

JonnyT

Salty,

I never called you a liar.. Only that i found your 84 win streak hard
to believe, something you agreed with.

Now looking at the charts. There wasnt much of a dip on
Friday either... In fact the FTSE closed at almost its high
for the week.

So much for buying on dips?

My apologies Donald.

I entered the FTSE ( March ) long at around 7am on the 19th ( yesterday ) at 4474 and exited about 2 hours later ( approx) at 4499.

My entry point may not have constituted a dip as such but when I got out of bed yesterday morning and looked at my screen, I instinctively liked that price and so I entered. I also had a good feeling about a modest rise following the DOW close on Friday.

this threads got boring. Maybe you're lying, maybe you're not. Whatever. Either way i dont think that anyones gonna gain any pearls of wisdom from your 'supposed' trading method. The fact that most people dont believe you makes me think this thread is gonna turn into another 'argument thread'.

Give salty a break. He/she? is not trying to sell us anything so what does it matter if you beleive it or not.

If it's true, it deserves at least a little respect. If it's not true, What difference does it make to anyone else but salty.

Lets not start on the "prove it" theme that was rife on here a couple of months back, it's pointless. You either beleive it or you don't.

Personally, with an average reward to risk ratio of 0.5:1, I would say it is possible with good judgement and plenty of luck. You don't need much movement in your favour to come out with a winning trade.

Thats not to say it will remain profitable. On that r:r, you only need to get stopped on 3 out of 10 trades and you make virtually no profit. Not my cup of tea, but hey if it's working for someone, thats fine by me.

Like someone suggested a few days ago in another thread, A thread should be formed for those wishing to post trades as close to real time as is possible. That should help all, including those with doubts.

good idea. The forum could be called 'real time trades' with sub threads devided into different caagories such as:
pair trades
indicie trades
swing trading US stocks
Nasdaq daytrades etc etc

Whaddya reckon sharky?

I agree, i dont like to start arguments and doubting peoples
honesty, it does lower the board.

However i dont think people should be able to make these
claims and brag without being challenged... They give the
impression that active trading is easy, when anyone
whos been around this business for any length of time knows it
aint.

Why r there suddenly so many cynics on this BB? I am relatively new to trading (less than a year) and i trade the DOW along the same principles ( I do short tho) and i don't make many losses............It is possible as long as u r disciplined and don't just jump into trades..............If i am not sure about an entry, i enter the trade on my simulated accounts to satisfy my curiousity.

grubs50,

You have to be cynical in this game, otherwise you will
enjoy a very short acquaintance with your money..

Not when it concerns somebody else's claims or money tho!..............I bet if the claim was made by one of the 'experienced' guys backed up with some technical mumbo jumbo (even if most ppl didn't understand)....a lot of the cynics would be ready to believe.................Trading is mostly a psychological game as long as u understand the characteristics of what u r trading