Sandy Jadeja Fib Course

williag said:
I too attended Sandy's latest course and agree there are no incentives. You get out of these courses what you want. It does require work afterwards and on going. I find it easy to understand and easy too apply. Might not be suited for everyone particularly if they want to be spoon fed.

Hi guys. I am the latest newbie fresh off Sandy Jadeja's course (I went in early April). I met him through Finspreads and he struck me as genuine so I decided to take the plunge. I then discovered this board by doing a google search of his name! Don't worry, I don't plan to start gushing about how great his methods are, as I recognise that I need to actually put it into practice and see whether or not I make money. But the course was taught in a structured and easy to understand manner, and first impressions were favourable.

I do have one question though for those on here who have already been using his methods succesfully through spread betting. When analysing the charts for entry/exit levels how do you reconcile the price on the chart which gives you the entry/exit signal (which will be a chart of the underlying share/index) and the futures price which is what you are quoted on when spreadbetting?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give.

BM - I know nothing about Sandy's course, but the price you are qoted by the SB is not a Futures price, or a market instrument price - it's their own price.

Did you evert get an answer?

I too have been on his course and like you have the same question.

Did you ever get an answer?

Regards

Zeeta

zeeta said:
I too have been on his course and like you have the same question.

Did you ever get an answer?

Regards

Zeeta

Hi Zeeta, I haven't been on here for a while.

Yes I did get an answer. If I am betting on futures, then I need to looking at futures charts, not the chart of the underlying instrument.

I've taken to just betting on the daily rolling bets, which tend to track the actual price, not the future.

Can anyone help me wrt Spreadbetting course ??

Hi There,

I contacted Sandy and got a reply first time. Second time, I contacted him he did'nt come back. I sent another mail to follow up. But, I haven't got any reply yet. However, I don't blame him as I think he is genuinely a very busy guy.

However, someone who did his spreadbetting course may be able to answer the following questions which I asked him. I would remain extremely grateful for your help. You may answer by either posting on this forum or by sending me a pm.

Following is what I asked him.

=========================================================================

I understand you publish a newsletter wherein you tell you opinions about the DOW based on the method you teach. For the sake of discussion, if I have would have taken all the DOW trades as published in the newletter in the last 5 months (Oct'05 - Feb'06), can you give some very vague estimates of the following assuming I got best case fills.

(1) Number of trades

(2) Total profit in points

(3) Max drawdown in points

I understand yours is a discretionary system. Some very vague figures would be fine.

At the moment, I am following a trend following system on Russel. The system has got a very good past history. But, last 5 months (Oct'05 - Feb'06) has been one of the toughest. I am aware of other Russel systems which had a similar fate or even worse in the last 5 months. Has the same been true with your system on DOW ?

The method that you teach use which of the following approaches ?

- Trend following

- Trend fading.

- Momentum

- Breakout

- Trend Reversal.

Also, if I had to follow your system purely on DOW how many trades can I expect a month ?

I work in UK and have a day-job. Will I have to do anything at all in the day while following your system ?

One more thing that I can't stop asking. I know you are a good teacher and lot of you students are successfull following your method. But trading is a competitive game and if so many people are using the same strategy will it nor gradually fade ? I appereciate the market is big. But some of your students may be trading a large bank. That does worry me to think that sooner or later your strategy may not remain as profitable.

I know I have asked you too many questions. But, I am just trying to make some sort of assessment about your system.

========================================================================

Once again, Thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify some of my doubts about his spreadbetting method.

Kind regards,
victor123

If he cant be bothered to reply to your email, tell him to get lost. look mate you dont need to go on courses. I bet you money if you go on his course, in the next 6 months you will find most of, or if everything on the net. do some googling

Indexgold that is bad advice!!

indexgold said:
If he cant be bothered to reply to your email, tell him to get lost. look mate you dont need to go on courses. I bet you money if you go on his course, in the next 6 months you will find most of, or if everything on the net. do some googling

There are bad courses, lousy trading systems, expensive rubish like goldline and intelli250 but there are some good inexpensive ones if you google for 6 months your wasting your time - this site is a great place to start you will do no better than start here - there are genuine traders/helpers here that wont charge a penny - get a good grounding in the basics and there are some good courses if you look hard enough. My tip dont listen to tips, hype, or advice like above. Although I personally think Fibbonaci is great for historical charts but is poor for trading (I'll stick to Support resistance trends and Volume) for a beginner a free Seminar at Finspreads is not a bad place to start.

Don't expect a reply from Sandy. He can't or won't reply to any complicated questions. It's rather amusing and amazing that he expects people to be stupid enough to accept what he says without question (not to mention the contradictory statements he makes). If he doesn't have the time to answer his students, should he really be running courses?

I fully agree with the comment about using this site as a first stop - I have learnt far more from this site that expensive courses. At the end of the day, it's your money and if you can't look after it who will!

Happy trading!

Sandy's course

businessman said:
Don't expect a reply from Sandy. He can't or won't reply to any complicated questions. It's rather amusing and amazing that he expects people to be stupid enough to accept what he says without question (not to mention the contradictory statements he makes). If he doesn't have the time to answer his students, should he really be running courses?

I fully agree with the comment about using this site as a first stop - I have learnt far more from this site that expensive courses. At the end of the day, it's your money and if you can't look after it who will!

Happy trading!

Hi, Have you actually done this course and has it been useful. You do not sound too impressed and from reading here it seems that it is really using Fib retracement to get entries and exit points. My only question is if that is all this course is, how is he managing to fool all the people for such a long time.

I have been thinking of doing the course but now it does not seem like a good idea.

Regards..

Well worth the time

I attended Sandy's course at the end of July. Knowing this is my first post (and the possible hostile reception this might attract) I decided to wait a few weeks before posting because I wanted to give Sandy's methods a quick spin first. I must add I'm relatively new to trading and was only drawn to the fib method because I have seen much evidence of its validity. Believe me i'm a total sceptic, but money in the bank makes all the difference.

The results? In a month of using this system I'm actually in profit (almost 10%, but I'm realistic enough to know this will undoubtedly be shaved at some point). Beginner's luck, perhaps, but for me this method has helped me a great deal. It stops me from 'impulse trading', makes my entry & exit points much clearer. It gets me to be patient because I have to wait for the right moment to put the trade on...and it also teaches me that I have to put in the work.

I have looked at many potential trades & waited for the right opportunity only to back down because the risk/reward was not good enough. I've got other situations i'm simply watching to develop my way. This alone is helping me select the best opportunities. NOT having to be in the markets gives me an edge, however silly that may sound.

I like Sandy's honesty too. He said his first aim was to stop us from losing money. If you can get to break even you're going in the right direction. And the emphasis was on preparation & patience. For me, Sandy's course was definitely worth it.

Did Sandy give any proof that his system actually works, for instance by showing his trading records? Without this sort of evidence anything he says could be hot air. There are loads of people out there selling courses who are not even profitable traders. He must make alot of money out of teaching people these courses.

markjeppo said:
I attended Sandy's course at the end of July. Knowing this is my first post (and the possible hostile reception this might attract) I decided to wait a few weeks before posting because I wanted to give Sandy's methods a quick spin first. I must add I'm relatively new to trading and was only drawn to the fib method because I have seen much evidence of its validity. Believe me i'm a total sceptic, but money in the bank makes all the difference.

The results? In a month of using this system I'm actually in profit (almost 10%, but I'm realistic enough to know this will undoubtedly be shaved at some point). Beginner's luck, perhaps, but for me this method has helped me a great deal. It stops me from 'impulse trading', makes my entry & exit points much clearer. It gets me to be patient because I have to wait for the right moment to put the trade on...and it also teaches me that I have to put in the work.

I have looked at many potential trades & waited for the right opportunity only to back down because the risk/reward was not good enough. I've got other situations i'm simply watching to develop my way. This alone is helping me select the best opportunities. NOT having to be in the markets gives me an edge, however silly that may sound.

I like Sandy's honesty too. He said his first aim was to stop us from losing money. If you can get to break even you're going in the right direction. And the emphasis was on preparation & patience. For me, Sandy's course was definitely worth it.

LuckyBucks - that's a fair point. No 'official' trading records were given, but in the course notes & at the seminar he did highlight a couple of trades that did NOT go right, to emphasise the importance of cutting losses quickly.

Lucky - Have you ever seen the 'Goldline System' records? Published for everyone to see - great profits, but I've yet to come across anyone who's consistently made money with that system!

You know what - I bet he does make a lot of money out of his seminars. A nd I also reckon most people leave those seminars thinking 'that's great' but don't apply the knowledge properly (because it does take a lot of hard work). So for some people it could be a complete waste of money. But I can assure you that isn't because the system doesn't work & it isn't because Sandy's talking hot air. I've been testing this stuff for the last few months & it does work. On the occasions that it does not I always have a stop-loss to limit the damage. It takes patience & discipline to apply any system & human psychology will always be the weak link in the chain.

LuckyBucks - were you actually thinking of going on a course or did you just pop in to keep up the great tradition of thoughtful analysis on T2W? Lol!

Any good teacher should show trades that didn't go right. What really counts is the trading record. If we know a teacher has a great record, then we at least know we are not being conned, and that it can be done, and that all we need to do is learn the system and then apply it.

I have seen Goldline, I just don't think systems can ever consistently work in all markets, trending, consolidating or accumulating for example.

There are lots of setups that work all the time, but many of them mean you have to wait around for hours for them to turn up. I think there are three things needed to be a successful trader. Will to win, a good teachnique, and finally tons of discipline. Most people fail on the discipline.

I know someone who went on one of his courses, and he told me that everything he was taught on the course and more could be found in a book by Robert miner. I think it was called Dynamic Trading or something. Much cheaper.

I have tons of books, courses and quite alot of software. Very little of it is really useful.

markjeppo said:
LuckyBucks - that's a fair point. No 'official' trading records were given, but in the course notes & at the seminar he did highlight a couple of trades that did NOT go right, to emphasise the importance of cutting losses quickly.

Lucky - Have you ever seen the 'Goldline System' records? Published for everyone to see - great profits, but I've yet to come across anyone who's consistently made money with that system!

You know what - I bet he does make a lot of money out of his seminars. A nd I also reckon most people leave those seminars thinking 'that's great' but don't apply the knowledge properly (because it does take a lot of hard work). So for some people it could be a complete waste of money. But I can assure you that isn't because the system doesn't work & it isn't because Sandy's talking hot air. I've been testing this stuff for the last few months & it does work. On the occasions that it does not I always have a stop-loss to limit the damage. It takes patience & discipline to apply any system & human psychology will always be the weak link in the chain.

LuckyBucks - were you actually thinking of going on a course or did you just pop in to keep up the great tradition of thoughtful analysis on T2W? Lol!

Would someone tell me about Sandy's news letter?? Please where and how do you subscribe
Moogy